Subject: IBIS SUMMIT MEETING 9/14/00 FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

From: Bob Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:24:58 -0700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-------------------------------------------------------
IBIS SUMMIT 
	FIRST CALL FOR 
		PARTICIPATION, 
			PRESENTATIONS 
				& SPONSORSHIP!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:      8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Thursday, September 14, 2000

Location:       The Crowne Plaza Hotel (NEW LOCATION)
                10 Lincoln Square
                Worcester, MA
                Tel:  (508) 791-1600
                Fax:  (508) 791-1796
               
Content:        Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:        Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and Ideas.

Sponsors:       North East Systems Associates, Inc. (NESA),
                Cadence Design Systems,
                HyperLynx,
                Mentor Graphics, 
                IBIS Users Group
                Others to be determined
                WE ARE LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL SPONSORS!
                  (contact Kathy Breda, [email-masked]
                  or Bob Ross, [email-masked])

PCB Conference: September 11-15, 2000
East            Worcester's Centrum Centre
                Worcester, Massachusetts
                See http://www.pcbeast.com/ for more information.

BACKGROUND

The IBIS Users Group (IBIS East) has been formed under the leadership of  
Dr. Edward Sayre from North East Systems Associates, Inc. (NESA) and has
been meeting to consider and forward IBIS model user concerns.  As a result
of East coast meetings, the group has developed an IBIS Accuracy Handbook
document and has initiated the project to format Connector Models.  These
topics plus others of current interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum will be
discussed at this meeting.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.  Presentation
are expected to be available and archived in an electronic format, and minutes
of the meeting will be issued.  Any pending formal decisions (votes) will be
announced at least two weeks prior to the meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and digital
circuit design are invited to participate to the Summit meeting.  If you plan
to participate, please register with the information below:

  Name:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

Send to:

  Kathy Breda ([email-masked])

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS experiences
or issues.

Format of Presentation:  Overhead Projections
Time:                    15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the
                         presentations can be archived and also made
                         available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
                         the past have been text, Power Point, Word, 
                         Postscript, and Acrobat.  Electronic presentations
                         should be made available by September 8, 2000.
                         Otherwise the presenter will be expected to provide
                         50 copies for distribution.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

  Title:
  Presenter:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

  Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Kathy Breda ([email-masked])

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a luncheon (which
will be provided).  This will be developed as presentation proposals are
received.  So far the following presentatation is planned:
  
  Roy Leventhal, 3Com, - "IBIS and SI at 3Com"
    (Presented by Mike LaBonte, Cadence)

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

See http://www.pcbeast.com for travel directions, hotels and other
information.

**************************************************************