Subject: EIA IBIS Summit Meeting Minutes (3/31/00)

From: [email-masked] (Guy de Burgh)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:53:13 -0700

DATE: 4/6/00

SUBJECT: 3/31/00 EIA IBIS Summit Meeting Minutes

VOTING MEMBERS AND 2000 PARTICIPANTS LIST:
3Com                           Roy Leventhal
Agilent (EEsof, etc.)          Mark Chang
  Hewlett Packard              Paul Gregory
Applied Simulation Technology  Raj Raghuram, Norio Matsui, Fred Ballesteri
Avanti                         Nikolai Bannov
Cadence Design                 Mike LaBonte, Todd Westerhoff, Ian Dodd,
                               Donald Telian, Patrick Dos Santos*
Cisco Systems                  Syed Huq, Irfan Elahi, John Fisher
Compaq                         Bob Haller, Peter LaFlamme, Ron Bellomio,
                               Shafier Rahman, Doug Burns
Cypress                        (Rajesh Manapat)
EMC Corporation                (Fabrizio Zanella),
Fairchild Semiconductor        Craig Klem
H.A.S. Electronics             (Haruny Said)
HyperLynx (& Pads Software)    Matthew Flora, Kellee Crisafulli, Gene Garat,
                               John Angulo, Al Davis, Lynne Green
IBM                            Michael Cohen
Incases                        Werner Rissiek*
Innoveda (Viewlogic Systems)   Chris Rokusek, Guy de Burgh, Jun Tian,
                               Cary Mandel*, Brad Griffin*, (Jon Powell)
Intel Corporation              Stephen Peters, Arpad Muranyi, Will Hobbs,
                               Richard Mellitz
LSI Logic                      (Larry Barnes)
Mentor Graphics (& Veribest)   Bob Ross*, Tom Dagostino*, Malcolm Ash,
                               Kim Owen, Jean Oudionot*, Sherif Hammad*,
                               Hazam Hegazy*
Mitsubishi                     Shahab Ahmed
Molex Incorporated             Gus Panella
Motorola                       Ron Werner
National Semiconductor         Milt Schwartz
North East Systems Associates  Edward Sayre, Tony Sinker
NEC                            (Hiroshi Matsumoto)
Nortel Networks                Steve Coe, Calvin Trowell, Hassan Ali
Philips Semiconductor          D.C. Sessions
  (& VLSI Technology)
Quantic EMC                    (Mike Ventham)
Siemens AG                     Bernhard Unger, Gerald Bannert*
SiQual                         Scott McMorrow, Wis Macomson
Texas Instruments              Stephen Nolan, Ramzi Ammar, Mac McCaughey,
                               Thomas Fisher*, Jean-Claude Perrin*,
                               Jean-Yves Oberle*
Time Domain Analysis Systems   Dima Smolyansky, Steven Corey
Via Technologies               (Weber Chuang)

OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN 2000:
Actel Corp.                    Silvia Montoya
Advansis                       Mikio Kiyono
Aerospatiale Matra CCR         Lionel Dreux*, Julien Boullie*
Alcatel (Lannion, Bell)        Daniel Peron*, Steven Criel*
Brocade Communications         Robert Badal
EIA                            Cecilia Fleming
Fraunhofer Instutute           Michael Kurten*
Jet Propulsion Lab             John Treichlew
Rockwell Collins               Ron Hau
Signals & Systems Engineering  Tom Hawkins
ST Micorelectronics            Fabrice Boissiere*, Pierre Saintot*
Sun Microsystems               Victor Chang
Thomson-CSF                    Savenrio Lerose*, Pascal Vaslin*, Thierry Zak*,
                               Sylvie Lasserre*
Transfer                       Hans Klos*, Wilco Hamhuis*
Xilinx, Inc.                   Susan Wu

In the list above, attendees at the meeting are indicated by *. Principal
members or other active members who have not attended are in parentheses.
Participants who no longer are in the organization are in square brackets.

Upcoming Meetings:  The bridge numbers for future IBIS teleconferences are as
follows:

  Date                Bridge Number    Reservation #    Passcode
  April 14, 2000      (916) 356-9200   8-97978          5851557

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  We try to have agendas out
7 days before each Open Forum and meeting minutes out within 7 days after.
When you call into the meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Will
Hobbs and give the reservation number and passcode.

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-------------------------------- MINUTES -------------------------------------

INTRODUCTIONS
The European IBIS Summit Meeting was held in Paris, France the day after the
Design Automation and Testing in Europe conference (DATE 2000) at the
Concorde La Fayette Hotel.  Cadence Design, Incases Engineering, Innoveda
(formerly Viewlogic Systems), Mentor Graphics served as co-sponsors.

About 26 people representing 12 organizations participated.  Bob Ross welcomed
the participants and noted that questions and interactive discussion was
encouraged.  Everybody introduced himself.  Semiconductor vendors, EDA
vendors and users (along with an individual from a research institute) were
all represented.  (Also, thanks to Karine Loudet and Francoise Lindecker of
Mentor Graphics for producing the posters and handling the administrative and
registration details.)

All of the presentations and meeting documentation will be uploaded at

  http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/summits/mar00/

The notes below give some off the content and discussion.

SIEMENS ICN I/O MODEL SPECIFICATION
(Terms of Delivery for I/O Models of Digital Integrated Circuits
V50004-Y1-T210-*-7625 Revision Feb.08.2000)
Gerald Bannert, Siemens AG
Gerald Bannert passed around the above draft specification.  It includes
material presented at previous European IBIS Summit meetings.  Siemens prefers
IBIS models. However, Gerald finds that IBIS Models from manufacturers are
insufficient for Siemens needs for several reasons:

  They use older than Version 3.2 revisions of IBIS.
  Useful options are missing, and model quality is not good.
  Technical IBIS content and parameter definition in IBIS is insufficient,
    incorrect, or difficult to understand.
  Some additional parameters are needed for the internal Logical Design
    Rule Checker (LDRC) tool.

The specification contents are:

  Part 1: Quality, references, data consistency, transaction complete.
  Part 2: Technical supplement/changes to IBIS Version 3.2
  Part 3: Additional parameter requests.

The specification is being reviewed internally and is also being distributed
to major semiconductor vendors.  Additions to the document are expected for
improved accuracy, EMI, HF, and SSO.  Vendors supplying the added information
of Part 3 may become preferred vendors.

Gerald then gave an overview outline of the content (summarized here):

  Superordinate, general and technical requirements for delivery (16 pages)
    General introductory and scope material
    Guarantee, model changes (MCN) validity for models tracking device
      changes
    General requirements for IBIS models - application, data consistency,
      availability and definition of typ, min, and max parameters for
      process, Tj, and Vcc
    Requirements for other formats (underway)
    Plus parameter requirements

  Annex 1 (27 pages)
    Technical definitions (e.g., overshoot, Vdiff)
    Limits of interest
    Measurement and simulation conditions (e.g., SSO, Tj, loads)
    IBIS points of table entries
    Siemens ICN options

  Annex 2 (18 pages)
    File structure and relationship of .ibs and .sie (for Siemens)
    Technical data definition (e.g., fail safe, Vsource, slew rate, I/O type
    Functional pin mapping (e.g., clock, data)

Gerald discussed a number of these points.

The IBIS Version 3.2 specification only gives general guidelines for entering
typ, min, and max parameters.  The Siemens document gives more detailed
definitions.  The typical model should have typical process conditions within
+/- 0.5 sigma.  The standard JEDEC voltages (12, 5, 3.3, 2.5, 1.8, 1.5, and
1.3) need to be specified.  The typical junction temperature condition should
correspond to about 40 degrees C ambient.  The min and max process parameters
should be approximately the 2.3 sigma points.  The voltages should be +/- 5
percent.  The junctions temperature range should be 0 degrees C to 110
degrees C.  Some existing IBIS models from semiconductor vendors have too
large of a range to be useful in real designs.

Gerald elaborated on a needed Vdiff_max subparameter for differential pins
and how they relate to S_overshoot and D_overshoot entries.  Furthermore,
he illustrated typ, min, and maximum thresholds and their relationship to a
Vth threshold voltage.  Bob Ross commented later that pending BIRD62.6 may
cover much, if not all of these details.

The S_overshoot and D_overshoot parameters are defined for currents that
are transformed into voltages for a variety of clamping conditions that
are appropriate for the technology.  Clamping conditions range from no clamp,
leakage currents, regular clamp and zener clamp.

Some recommendations are provided for assuring that table data points are
spaced for maximum accuracy.  The changes in slow need to be with 3 to 4
percent of the previous slope.

Load conditions for [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform] are given.
Also, if the overshoot exceeds 10 percent, [Driver Schedule] is recommended.

A number of topics are not covered in this draft, but are expected to be
included in the future.  The include [Driver Schedule], [TTgnd], [TTpower],
terminations and passive series elements, [Series MOSFET], [Submodel]s,
.pkg and .ebd formats.

Gerald introduced additional parameters needed for the internal Siemens tool
called Logical Design Rule Checking (LDRC).  This tool performs design checks
for connectivity, reasonableness, power, etc. that are normally not included
in EDA tools.  For example, the keyword [SI_add_pin_info] documents more
information for each pin:

  clock (clock, latch, asynchronous Set/Reset inputs)
  data (data/address inputs, synchronous Set/Reset inputs)
  logic (buffer and other combinational inputs)
  static (enable inputs, control inputs)   Vbb for ECL)
  vsource (built in voltage source such as
  analog (crystal, R/Cext, OpAmp inputs and outputs)
  pwr_gnd (Vcc, Gnd, Vee)
  dnc (physically exiting, but not connected
  nnc (pin does not exist)
  unknown (assignment to one of the above not possible)
  output (all outputs)

Gerald discussed the [SI_add_cell_information] keyword.  It would give
ioh_max, ioh_min, bushold min and max currents, technology, and leakage
current limits.  Furthermore it would define input slew rate limits.  Gerald
answered in response to a question from Tom Dagostino that the input slew rate
also covered reflected wave switching.

Technology information relates to actual driver application such as bus
driver, board and back plane application, shortest cable connections.  Also
hot insertion rules are indicated, if allowed.  Also, EOS robustness is of
concern.

The [SI_analog_model] keyword gives c_subst, r_subst_ and v_substr values.

Gerald noted that Siemens simulates 100 percent of the boards and 100 percent
of the nets.  During and after the presentation, number of these items were
discussed.  Werner Rissiek commented that the additions could be pushed
through the IBIS committee.

TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CREATING IBIS MODELS
Cary Mandel, Innoveda (formerly Viewlogic Systems)
Cary Mandel commented that Jon Powell of Innoveda Consulting Services wrote
this.  The material was based on experiences producing IBIS models from
HSPICE and testing them on an Innoveda simulator.  The overall test setup
is part of an internal Virtual Modeling Lab (VML) which allows programming
of extraction and test conditions.

Cary showed the preferred 50 ohms to ground and 50 ohms to Vcc loads for
extracting V-T tables.  Package parasitics need to be removed.  Cary noted
that Spice options need to be set for proper DC convergence, and that the
time response needs to be long enough to reach the final value.  Sometimes
the IBIS 100 point limit makes it difficult to have high accuracy for typ,
min and max columns simultaneously. Cary also noted that the input signal
should be fast enough so that does not slow down the output response.

To do the quality assurance (QA) comparisons, a mid point voltage needs to
be selected to synchronize the rising and falling edges.  Then results can
be overlayed and compared.  To further test the model, comparisons using
other test conditions such as 50 pF to ground, a transmission line load, and a
full package test case could be added.

Cary listed some common problems:

  Simulation time does not allow waveform to reach full high or low.
  Spice model does not behave well at the corners.
  Spice models need special control options to converge.
  Spice diode models create unlikely amounts of current.
  QA simulation does not reproduce some Spice features.

The difficulties with IBIS are:

  100 point limit can create difficulties in fitting large typ, min, and
    max I-V and V-T tables.  Careful linearization may be needed.
  Typ, Min and Max may not describe full range of corners desired.
  The LC package model may be insufficient.  The IBIS Version 3.2 T-line
    model is needed in many cases including RAMBUS modeling.
  The transition time (ramp) is not very useful for rise time controlled
    and many high speed advanced drivers.

Cary showed an example of a QA simulation where a model with V-T waveforms
overlayed the source data compared to the one based on ramp data with a
significant time mismatch.

Tom Dagostino commented on his experiences measuring diode currents and
suggested a limit in the order of 100 mA to 1 A.  Default generic diodes
were suggested when the Spice model contains unrealistic "ideal diodes".

IBIS ACCURACY STUDY
Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
Sherif Hammad introduced some metrics for comparing model simulation results
with initial time waveform extractions.  The first two dealt with delay
comparison and alignment and the last three dealt with accuracy comparisons:

  CCPV - Cross-Correlation Peak Value
  CCTO - Cross-Correlation Time Offset

  AAD -  Average Absolute Difference in V
  AAD (%) - Average Absolute Difference in percentage

  COM (%) - Curve Overlay Metric (from the Accuracy Specification)

Then Sherif illustrated the metrics with IBIS Models constructed using four
waveforms (50 ohms to ground and Vcc), two waveforms (50 ohms to ground for
rising and 50 ohms to Vcc for falling), and then ramp specification for the
same conditions.

The illustrations and metrics showed nearly perfect correlation (99.8%) for
the four waveform cases, and worse correlation for the two waveform (96.0% to
98.2%) and ramp (97.5%) cases.  The delay metrics showed nearly zero shift
for the best four waveform cases, and up to 100 picoseconds for some other
cases.

Then Sherif illustrated testing the robustness of the four waveform based
model using a 50 ohm to Vcc/2 load (99.5%) and 30 ohm to ground load (99.2%).
The delay shift was up to 10 picoseconds.  This was just a sampling of tests.

Lionel Dreux commented that he needed to match IBIS Model loads to the actual
net loads for accuracy.  After some clarification discussion, we determined
that the best model was still based on resistive loads (not timing) loads
and that Sherif's results showed good accuracy.  However, Fabrice Boissiere
and others commented that different technologies might require different
loads consistent with their typical operating conditions (for example, GTL
uses 25 ohms to 1.0 V).

TC93WG6 EMC/EMI IC MODEL STANDARDIZATION REPORT
Jean-Claude Perrin & Jean-Yves Oberle, Texas Instruments
Jean-Claude Perrin, chair of IEC TC93WG6 introduced the EMC/EMI simulation
needs:

  IC manufacturers need to take into account EMC constraints in IC design
  and need to simulate EMC behavior and contribution

  PCB manufacturers need to comply with EMC requirements and simulate EMC
  phenomena on PCBs.

Jean-Claude summarized the history of the committee.  It began work in 1994,
introduced IEC 93/67 NP in June 1997, held an international task force
meeting in 1998, and held a recent experts meeting on March 30, 2000.

The main conclusion is that IBIS Models can be enhanced to do top-level
EMI simulation.  IBIS does not take into account:

  I/O noise due to internal activity
  Fast transitions of current through power supplies
  Direct electromagnetic emission from ICs

At this time the task group is concerned with emission and not susceptibility.
A model for behavioral simulation was shown.  It consists of:

  Zp and Ip impedance current and noise generator across the Vdd/Vss supplies,
  Sa and Ga equivalent noise generator/antenna responsible for external hf
    noise emission,
  Hx(F) transfer functions between internal generator and other input/output
    pins.

The active blocks are:

  Core power supplies
  Peripheral (I/O) power supplies
  Clock signals activity
  Package

A draft proposal for IBIS format extension consists of these new keywords:

  [Core Current]    Instantaneous current consumption
  [Pad Current]     Instantaneous current consumption
  [Die Size]        Width and length of the die
  [Clock Frequency] Clock frequencies of the device
  [Pad Clock]       List of pads connected to one of the clocks

The proposal is still in draft form and has not been made available outside
of the committee.  Jean-Claude outlined some of the remaining steps.  IEC
and the IBIS Open Forum would look at the document and assist in model
validation and vote on the document.

The document needs to show:

  Model definition
  Tem cell current measurement
  IBIS EMC specific files

Jean-Claude proposes that EDA vendors assist in validating the model adapting
their tools to do simulation of power supply and clock signals.

Jean-Yves Oberle showed measurements of the electric field radiated by an IC
for two orientations shifted 90 degrees apart.  Jean-Yves compared the
measurements to simulation results.  The shapes showed excellent agreement,
but noted that measurement setup variables are hard to control, and the
simulation used approximations.  Jean-Yves highlighted areas where the
differences were 15 dB to 25 dB, still not bad for this type of comparison.

A number of technical question and suggestions were discussed.  Jean-Yves
explained that the simulation was performed using Maxwell equations and
Spice.  Werner Rissiek liked the model.  Jean-Claude noted that a different
group, IEC TC47 is working on measurement standards.  Tom Dagostino asked
how long the simulation took and suggested a simpler test case, such as a
wire, when the response was about one day.  Based on his experiences, Lionel
Dreux suggested that closer simulations results might be achieved by also
considering magnetic sources.  This type of simulation needs to include the
decoupling network on PCBs.

Bob Ross commented that the document needs to be released for public
distribution in order for it to proceed.  Jean-Claude intends to work on the
refinements and then have it made available to the IBIS Open Forum.  Later
in the meeting Bob stated that the draft document was structured as a
Section 10 addition to IBIS Version 3.2.  This might be a good way to go
since IBIS Version 3.2 is stable.  (Bob had considered having this as a
separate stand-alone standard to make it easier to ratify.)

IBIS FUTURE ACTIVITIES
Bob Ross, Mentor Graphics
Bob Ross moved his presentation to the time slot before lunch.  Bob gave an
overview of the meeting today.  It deals with current and future specification
requirements and clarification, modeling tips and accuracy studies.  It also
deals with potential future activities including the EMI/EMC modeling,
behavioral receiver modeling, and the current IBIS development activities.

Bob gave a status update showing that IBIS Version 3.2 is now an official
ANSI/EIA-656A standard and is approved as IEC 62014-1 and is awaiting
publication.  The ibischk3.2.5 parser has been released, but some bugs have
been discovered and need to be fixed.  The IBIS Users group has released the
IBIS Connector Specification to the IBIS Open Forum Committee and also may
be resuming work on the Accuracy Specification.  The Accuracy Specification
is now targeted to be a handbook.  The IBIS Open Forum chose not to produce
a Spice to IBIS for IBIS Version 3.2 since commercial vendors are also
interested in doing this.

The main activities of the IBIS Open Forum are

  The Connector Specification
  IBIS Version 4.0
  IBIS-X for the future

The IBIS Open Forum continues to track other activities:

  TC93WG6 EMC/EMI
  EIAJ IMIC Specification
  JEDEC activities

Bob summarized some technical aspects of the Connector Specification and
noted that after a syntax review, a formal review leading to a ratification
vote will be conducted.  The Specification is expected to be ratified around
mid 2000 as a Version 1.0 document and then a syntax checker and parser
development project is expected to be initiated.

The IBIS Version 4.0 update is driven by some immediate needs by the JEDEC
for DDR memories and current SSTL-3 technologies.  BIRD62.6 is expected to
be ratified for better input specification detail.  Dr. Bernhard Unger's
solution for simultaneous switching noise (SSN) modeling is of great
interest.  Other open BIRDs and specification suggestions will be examined.
Perhaps a few other ideas such as AVC modeling might be proposed and
considered.  This upgrade is expected to be ratified sometime during 2000.

The IBIS-X activity is really a name for a group of possible proposals that
relate to longer term needs for IBIS.  Many needs have been reported on the
IBIS reflector and at several of the recent IBIS Summit Meetings.  The latest
meeting held January 31, 2000 contained several presentations that covered
IBIS-X, "BIRDxxx", macro language, application programmable interface and
other ideas.  Bob noted from one presentation that there was interest in
scalability (one node to many nodes), flexible representation (current IBIS
elements, controlled voltage and current sources, S-parameters, etc.), and
nodal representation similar to Spice.  Bob also reported that the IBIS-X
proposal might be similar and support much of IBIS.  It might also support
functional port definitions and also some Spice-like nodal constructs.  This
would allow faster production of models as technological advances occur.
(Later, Bob noted that Werner Rissiek had suggested that IBIS-X may be moving
towards becoming a modeling language (such as Spice) as opposed to a format
for model data.  Bob reported that several people planned to meet in Oregon
on Thursday, March 30, 2000 to start formulating a consensus proposal.  Bob
expected that while we may see the proposal shortly, we may take a year or
two for actual review and ratification as a separate standard.

BEHAVIORAL RECEIVER MODELING
Patrick Dos Santos, Cadence Design
After a delicious buffet lunch hosted by Cadence Design, Patrick Dos Santos
indicated that the Behavioral Receiver Modeling presentation was authored by
Donald Telian and had also been given at the January 31, 2000 IBIS Summit
Meeting.

Patrick showed the evolution of design methodology:

  Use terminations (mid-1980s)
  Driver scaling and tuning (early 1990s leading to IBIS and to tools for
    topology optimization)
  Now - more detailed receiver modeling

Receiver modeling allows optimization:

  What switching functions are needed?
  What type of pulses are to be rejected?
  What sort of propagation characteristics will work?
  What voltages should this all operate at?

The best approach is to use a nodal behavioral description because it allows
modeling of a receiver's characteristics and also is easily adaptable to
arbitrary behaviors.  Patrick noted that nodal based receivers can be derived
from measurement or simulation.

The behavioral receiver contains these blocks:

  #1: Low Pas filter - reject certain pulse spikes
  #2: Switching Function - receivers basic transfer function
  #5: Intrinsic Delay - delay for fasted edge
  #3: Edge Rate Detection - derivative of input signal affects delay
  #4: Delay Adder - dynamically adjusts circuit delay based on #3

Its implementation needs these features:

  Nodal language
  G (VCC) and E (VCVS) sources (PWL, Equation driven with derivatives,
    even driven and time-controlled as well)
  Real-time adaptive delay line
  Subcircuiting nesting and random node printing

Based on 242 difficult test cases, the simulation results showed an average
difference of 19 pS (standard deviation of 14 pS).  Simulation times were
slightly slower, but still in the same order of magnitude as Spice
simulations.  Many of the models had additional proprietary elements, slowing
the simulation.

Gerald Bannert asked whether input impedance details can be accurately
modeled.  Patrick responded yes since input elements can be added to any
level of detail using standard nodal syntax.  Also differential inputs and
clamping diodes can be modeled.

Lionel Dreux commented that the approach might be extended for field coupling
to a PCB.  It might be used for susceptibility.  Upon questioning, Patrick
stated that non-linear effects are included.

Werner Rissiek commented that the IBIS still has its place since it is
scalable to any accuracy needed.  For example, the IBIS model can be as
simple or detailed as appropriate for the analysis.  Patrick stated that the
behavioral receiver model could be scalable.

CLOSE OF MEETING
Bob Ross provided some more detail on the pending Connector Specification
regarding using cascaded sections to configure the connector for different
sockets and different board thicknesses (for the edge card side of an edge
card connector).

Bob summarized that along with current activities dealing with the Connector
Specification, IBIS Version 4.0 definition and IBIS-X definition, the IBIS
Open Forum could also be dealing with more IBIS Version 3.2 clarifications
based on the Siemens requirements, possible electronic data sheet requirements
needed by Siemens, and possibly an EMI Section 10 addition to IBIS
Version 3.2.

Bob again thanked the participants for their contributions and the
co-sponsors.  Several participants commented on the amount of interesting
material presented at this meeting and supported IBIS as an appropriate level
for the potential extensions.

NEXT MEETING:
The next teleconference meeting will be on Friday, April 14, 2000 from
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.  BIRD62.6 will be scheduled for voting.

==============================================================================
                                      NOTES

IBIS CHAIR: Bob Ross (503) 685-0732, Fax (503) 685-4897
            [email-masked]
            Modeling Engineer, Mentor Graphics
            8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070

VICE CHAIR: Stephen Peters (503) 264-4108, Fax: (503) 264-4515
            [email-masked]
            Senior Hardware Engineer, Intel Corporation
            M/S JF1-209
            2111 NE 25th Ave.
            Hillsboro, OR 97124-5961

SECRETARY:  Guy de Burgh (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
            [email-masked]
            Senior Manager, Innoveda
            1369 Del Norte Rd.
            Camarillo, CA 93010-8437

LIBRARIAN:  Jon Powell (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
            [email-masked]
            Senior Scientist, Innoveda
            1369 Del Norte Rd.
            Camarillo, CA 93010-8437

WEBMASTER:  Syed Huq (408) 525-3399, Fax: (408) 526-5504
            [email-masked]
            Signal Integrity Engineer, Cisco Systems
            170 West Tasman Drive
            San Jose, CA 95134-1706

POSTMASTER: Matthew Flora (425) 869-2320, Fax: (425) 881-1008
            [email-masked]
            Senior Engineer, HyperLynx, Inc.
            114715 N.E. 95th Street
            Redmond, WA 98052

This meeting was conducted in accordance with the EIA Legal Guides and EIA
Manual of Organization and Procedure.

The following e-mail addresses are used:

  [email-masked]
      To join, change, or drop from either the IBIS Open Forum Reflector
      ([email-masked]), the IBIS Users' Group Reflector ([email-masked])
      or both.  State your request.

  [email-masked]
      To obtain general information about IBIS, to ask specific questions
      for individual response, and to inquire about joining the EIA-IBIS
      Open Forum as a full Member.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the general IBIS Open Forum Reflector.  This
      is used mostly for IBIS Standardization business and future IBIS
      technical enhancements.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To send a message to the IBIS Users' Group Reflector.  This is
      used mostly for IBIS clarification, current modeling issues, and
      general user concerns.  Job posting information is not permitted.

  [email-masked]
      To report ibischk2/3 parser bugs.  The Bug Report Form Resides on
      eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bugform.txt along with reported bugs.

      To report s2ibis, s2ibis2 and s2iplt bugs, use the Bug Report Forms
      which reside under eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis/bugs2i.txt,
      /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis2/bugs2i2.txt, & /pub/ibis/bugs/s2iplt/bugsplt.txt
      respectively.

Information on IBIS technical contents, IBIS participants, and actual
IBIS models are available on the IBIS Home page found by selecting the
Electronic Information Group under:

  http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm

Check the pub/ibis directory on eda.org for more information on previous
discussions and results.  You can get on via FTP anonymous.
==============================================================================