Subject: Clarification question for threshold parameters

From: Ian Dodd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:22:29 -0500

All,

Unless I have missed something, the IBIS spec seems unclear 
as to what parameters are valid on what types of model.

For example is Vmeas valid for an output type?

Did I miss something, and if not, have we discussed this problem?

Thanks

Ian Dodd
[email-masked]

---

From: Al Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:46:09 -0800

> as to what parameters are valid on what types of model.

Correct.

> For example is Vmeas valid for an output type?

1. Some models use it, and the parser doesn't reject it.

2. It is useful for mixed-mode (mixed A & D) simulators, when the 
output node is interpreted as a digital node.

> Did I miss something, and if not, have we discussed this problem?

As far as I know, it has not come up before.  I ran into it working 
on the IBIS-X standard macro file, and attempting to interface the 
IBIS-X translator to a mixed-mode simulator (ACS).

So, it looks like the answer is YES.  I assumed it was NO, and got in 
trouble for it.

al.