Subject: Case sensitivity?

From: "Todd Westerhoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:42:00 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using IBISCHK V3.2.5 and have noticed that the handling of the keywords

Si_location
Timing_location

seems to be case sensitive, although the IBIS Spec says that keywords are
supposed to be case-insensitive.  Anyone else seen the same thing?

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
SI Engineer
Hammerhead Networks
5 Federal Street
Billerica, MA  01821
[email-masked]
ph: 978-671-5084

---

From: Al Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:49:42 -0700

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 12:42 pm, Todd Westerhoff wrote:
> seems to be case sensitive, although the IBIS Spec says that
> keywords are supposed to be case-insensitive.  Anyone else seen the
> same thing?

"keywords" (those names in square brackets) are case-insensitive.

Parameters and attributes (those names not in square brackets) are 
case sensitive.

We had discussions on this in the IBIS-X committee, mostly about what 
we should do going forward.  I also asked users, managers, and 
software developers for their preference.  Overwhelmingly, the 
preference was for NOT case sensitive.

After all that, we decided that IBIS-X would not change the rules.  
We will continue whatever rules traditional IBIS uses.

Personally, I think the existing rules are trouble prone and 
confusing, but we decided to continue them anyway.

Todd, if you (or anyone else) want to change the rules to something 
more consistent, please introduce a BIRD requesting it.  The rest of 
the world will thank you for it.

---

From: "Todd Westerhoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:05:20 -0400

Oops.

What I was trying to say was ...

There's evidently a problem with IBISCHK V3.2.5.

Sorry for not being clear.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
SI Engineer
Hammerhead Networks
5 Federal Street
Billerica, MA  01821
[email-masked]
ph: 978-671-5084