Subject: Re: Clarification needed.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:24:39 -0400

Anbazhagan,

oops... forgot to mention that you also want Vmeas.

Adam

---

From: Phani Putrevu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:27:15 -0400

The IBIS spec states that the model subparameter Vmeas is optional. The ibis
checker does not complain if this is not present. HSpice can read an IBIS file
even if the Vmeas is not specified. But I believe some tools (ICX) require
this parameter to be present. (I do not use IBIS models - I was only involved
in developing the models.)

Does it mean that the tool is not compliant. What additional information is
derived from this parameter? Should a tool rely on this information to produce
an output, or should it produce the 'approximate' output that the vendor
specified in the IBIS model. 

regards,
Phani