Subject: First IBIS Summit Call

From: Milton Schwartz x3261 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:09 -0800 (PST)

To All,

This is the first call for presentations and participation at the
IBIS Summit Meeting held with DesignCon 2002

Milt Schwartz
National Semiconductor

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
     DESIGNCON 2002 FIRST IBIS SUMMIT CALL FOR PARTICIPATION, PRESENTATIONS
     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:     8:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Monday, January 28, 2002

Location:      Santa Clara Convention Center
               Santa Clara, CA

Content:       IBIS Future Requirements is the main topic of this meeting
               These include an exchange of ideas on IBIS accuracy,
               connectors, and new requirements under discussion.

Purpose:       Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
Ideas.

Sponsors:      DesignCon 2002 & National Semiconductor Corporation

IBIS Summit Signup:
               Milt Schwartz
               [email-masked]
               (SIGNUP REQUIRED FOR FREE HOT LUNCH)

                   D E S I G N C O N   2 0 0 2   M E E T I N G S

Time/Date:     Monday - Thursday, January 28 - January 31, 2002

Exhibition:    Tuesday - Thursday, January 29-31, 2002

IBIS Booth:    Exhibition Hall
               - IBIS Information

URL DesignCon2002:
               http://www.designcon.com/

CALL FOR IBIS SUMMIT PRESENTATIONS

We already have several presentations/discussion topics planned.  However,
we are also seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS experiences
or issues.

Format of Presentation:  Overhead foils preferred, LCD projection available
Time:                    15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the
                         presentations can be archived and also made
                         available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
                         the past have been text, Power Point, Word, 
                         Postscript, and Acrobat.  If you cannot provide
                         an electronic format, then plan to bring 50
                         copies for distribution at the meeting.

If you plan a presentation, please supply as early as possible for program
planning:

  Title:
  Presenter:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

  Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Milt Schwartz
  [email-masked]

  Bob Ross
  [email-masked]

Deadline: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 for receiving presentations for
          copying.

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, refreshments, and a free
buffet luncheon for participants.  In addition, we will have an opportunity
for Ad Hoc presentations and extended discussions.  So far we plan the
following topics (titles may change):

  "JEITA Activity Report", Atsuji Ito, Panasonic
  "IBIS-X Futures and Discussion", Stephen Peters, Intel
  "Connector Specification Discussion", Gus Panella, Molex
  "EMC presentation", Guy De burgh