Subject: Package parameter measurements

From: Bob Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 11:24:35 CST

Hello fellow "bird" watchers -

( Actually I couldn't resist the urge, you're right the pun is bad. )

First let me congratulate everyone for a most enjoyable and productive summit!
I thought there was some truly excellent discussion there, and hope for more in 
the future.  Thanks to Intel for hosting it!

While in the course of some of the discussion, the subject came up about whether 
or not package parameters are indeed measurable or not.  We in TI have had a 
method for doing so for some time, and I have known of it but not much about it.
At the time of the meeting I said nothing about it since I wasn't sure of the 
proprietary or non-proprietary nature of it.  I have asked around and found that
it is not proprietary and has been presented at some conference or another.  I 
have requested a paper on it and am told it is being sent to me.  When I receive
it I will either summarize it, or send out a reference to it depending on what 
it is exactly.
--

=============================================================================

     __                          /             
    /  \                  /     /                     Bob Ward
   /__ /        /        /  /  /            /   MSG:  SQU       
  /    \  _    /_       /  /  /  _   __  _ /   INET:  [email-masked]
 (____ / (_)_ /__)     (__(__/  (_(_/ (_(_/           713+274-4146 Voice
                                                      713+274-3911 Fax

=============================================================================
                                   ___
                                  (o o)
-------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------

        Here I sit in endless joy, 'cause I was here before Kilroy!!!