Subject: From: Kellee Crisafulli, Re: SPICE2IBIS and North Carolina State

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Dec 93 11:47:27 EST

From: KELLEE Crisafulli

Michael, I really like what I read in your email.  If your group is 
definintely working on this translation perhaps the IBIS group
can rely on North Carolina State to create this program.  I have a few 
questions:

   1) Do you have any delivery schedule, start, stop dates?
   2) Have you broken the problem into phases that you could tell us about. 
 The reason I ask is that this would give
       us (IBIS) a method of monitoring your progress.
   3) Is the project funded, proposed, staffed?
   4) What language will the translation portions be written in?
   5) Which flavor and version of SPICE would you use?
   6) Could you share a copy of the proposal with the IBIS committee.
   7) Would you be willing to allow the IBIS committee to comment on your 
proposal and suggest changes.
   8) Could the IBIS committee help you in any way?
   9) Would there be any problem in making all the source code available to 
industry?
   10) If students will be involved what level are they (under grad, 
Masters, PhD etc.)?

There seems to be alot of interest in this possibility.  It seems alot of 
people all had similiar thoughts.  It would be good if
there isn't alot of duplicated effort.  It seems that Quad design, Cadence, 
and TI are also very interested.

Here's hoping that all your IBIS birds fly smooth and high.                 
                               Kellee