Subject: +Postage Due+Re: spice2ibis

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 93 12:17:20 EST

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx

Re: Automatically converting SPICE models to IBIS format.

This sounds like a great idea.  I have been considering something like this 
myself.  A program could be written  which could
take a spice model and assemble it into a new spice deck which allows the 
model to generate V/I data, measure capacitance, slew times etc. from 
within spice.  Another program could than translate the output data into an 
IBIS file.

Companys like Texas Instruments already have extensive lists of SPICE 
models available which could than be converted into IBIS format.  I wonder 
if you would comment on this Bob?  (Bob Ward, TI)

This type of program would be relatively generic, however it would probably 
require a few tweeks to make it work with the different
flavors of spice.

It seems to me that the companys with SPICE packages and large investments 
in SPICE models are the ideal candidates to do a translation program like 
this.  It is in everyone's best interest including the SPICE companies 
because everyone end's up with more models.

Perhaps several companys could jointly sponser a consultant to create the 
generic form of the translator for say Berkley SPICE.  Than the other SPICE 
companys could modify it to their own needs.  If there is suffient interest 
from other people we could put out an official BIRD on this proposing the 
translator as an official IBIS project.

Kellee