From: [email-masked] (Larry Saunders)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 13:05:57 -0800

I sent this note out about a week ago but got several requests for instructions
on how to access DIET information on the VHDL.ORG machine. See the instructions
below.

>The DIET Format Version 0.9 is complete!
>
>You may get a copy from the VHDL.ORG machine. It is in /pub/die/diet0-9.
>
>Comments would be appreciated. We will review the new version at the
>DIE Workshop on 12/16.

This document and related information are available from the VHDL International
Internet Services machine. 

Dial-Up access:
Dial-up the VHDL.org system at (415) 335-0110. Any baud (up to 14,400), parity, 
start & stop bits, and v.* settings will do. Login using the "guest" account. 
Once in, simple UNIX commands such as "cd pub/die", "ls" and "cat" are 
available. You can download any desired files using "kermit", "xmodem" or 
"sz" (zmodem).

Internet access:
Use "ftp VHDL.org" (or "ftp 198.31.14.3") and login as user "anonymous". 
Remember to set "binary" mode for any binary files you may select. Also, gopher 
is available and highly recommended if you have it available. 

Email access:
There is an email FTP archive server on the machine. Send an email message to 
[email-masked]. The subject is ignored. If a line in the body of the 
message begins with "help", then a descriptive help file of commands is sent. 
Basically, you communicate to the server through commands in the mail message 
body. It then responds to your commands via email. You should always add the 
command "path <your_email_address>" to any message to assure the return 
address is understood.

The following example assumes you have initiated a mail message to 
[email-masked]. The body of the email message should be:. 
path [email-masked]               Email address to send results to
send pub/die/diet0-9/ diet0-9.ps    For a postscript file of the DIET document
send pub/die/diet0-9/diet0-9.rtf    For a RTF file of the DIET document
send pub/die/diet0-9/example.tim    For a text file containing format examples
send pub/die/diet0-9/diet0-9.exe    For the MS-DOS ZIP'ed version of the
entire package

Larry Saunders
[email-masked]   or  [email-masked]
408-894-0119          415-694-1837
408-894-0119 (fax)    415-965-8637 (fax)
1426 Cedarmeadow Ct   700 East Middlefield Rd, Bldg C
San Jose, CA          Mountain View, CA 
95131                 94043-4033