Subject: Beta 2 and more

From: Paul Munsey <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Nov 94 01:48:36 EST

Ron and I have discusses the timing for sending out a second beta, and
although I verbalized the ability to do this by the end of this week (11/4) it
will work better for us to shoot for 11/8.  I appologize for the delay, but the
extra weekend will benefit our effort.

   It has also been discovered through discussion with Ron, Bob Ross, and
Stephen Peters that the referencing of package models in external .pkg files
does not work correctly.

  In addition, here's some IBIS spec item's that may be worth mentioning:
* No 'I' sign error checking info is mentioned or defined in the spec
* Model info on 3-state, polarity, and enable have their casing inconsistent
  with the V1.1 spec.  I understand that a BIRD may soon be passed which
  will allow ignoring of casing, so this may be a mute point.
* No minimum number of waveform data points is required

  Last but not least, the last meeting generated the request for some additional
enhancements to be added to the parser, also known as "feature creep".  Ron
and I would like to hold off on these for now.  At times these may be simple, or
appear so, but we would first like to make sure we accomplish what we promised.
And even though the task may be simple it requires us to revisit completed code
and rework our test suites.  Once we feel confident that all the requirements are
met we will be more able to discuss additional enhancements.

Paul Munsey