Subject: BNF 2.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 94 13:22:09 PDT

Bob Ross and the Ibis Committee

according the updated BNF, I see the following problem:
As far I understand the IBIS specification for version2.0, there
is no restriction about the placement for different keywords,e.g.
one vendor could put the [File name] after the component description.
This would be in accordance to the Ibis specification, but not be 
covered by the BNF.
Question for me is now, what is more efficient, to put more restrictions
in the Ibis description or to modify the BNF. More restrictions would
be more logical for me, because I don't see the necessarity to allow
the specification of [Source] etc. after component description, but this
could bring up problems according the backward compatibility.
Otherwise the BNF would consist mainly of a list of different keywords
and the natural structure in a header and description section would be
destroyed.

What is your oppinion?

Steffen Rochel
Anacad EES
PS: I'm relocating to our US office, so I hope to attend some other
meetings.