Subject: IBIS Disclaimer recommended by Intel Legal

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 13:14:02 PST

Text item: Text_1

 Below is Intel Legal Team's recommendation for the IBIS disclaimer.
 
 - Derrick

 DISCLAIMER  (to be stored in a file) ---------
 "The software files or updates are provided by the IBIS Open Forum "as is".  
 The IBIS Open Forum specifically disclaims any warranty, express or implied, 
 including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness 
 for a particular purpose or that the software files or updates do not 
 infringe any intellectual property right of a third party.  Furthermore, the 
 IBIS Open Forum disclaims any warranty, express or implied, that the software 
 or updates will satisfy user's requirements."    
 
 DISCLAIMER (to be added to each IBIS file) ----------
 
 [Disclaimer] The IBIS Open Forum disclaims all warranties.  See disclaim.ibs 
 in vhdl.org:/pub/IBIS/models for the full disclaimer.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 14:37:09 PDT

We are distributing neither "Software" nor "updates".

I think they are simulation models and device characteristic data which the
disclaimer could be understood to say "Must be valid" since they weren't mentioned
in the disclaimer.

jnp