Subject: Re: Size limit

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 15:54:45 PDT

Eric Bracken:

I used a PC with just plain DOS and about 2M of free disk space and
300K of extended memory.  So I expected some problems.  When
the file was designated as Version 1.1, ibischk2 completed the checking.
When the file was designated 2.1, the memory error below was produced.  When
ibischk2 was compiled on a workstation and the same file was tested, 
the program completed the checking for both cases.

I don't know if DOS has addressing limits which limits the size of a file
that ibischk2 can handle.  Paul, can you answer this?

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.

> >> When I use IBISCHK2 on a large IBIS file containing all of the parts
> >> in a design (750K) I get around approximately line 5960:
> >>
> >> PROGRAM BUG - Unabel t Allocate Memory: c:\ibis\v2\src\rngp.c 192

> On what kind of machine (and with how much real memory/swap) is this error 
> message being produced?  

> If it's a PC, could the problem related to certain addressing limitations 
> of DOS?

> --Eric