Subject: IBIS Disclaimer recommended by Intel Legal

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 16:48:04 PST

Text item: 

  DISCLAIMER  (to be stored in a file) ---------
  
  Revised per Jon Powell's comments.  I'll run it past Intel Legal again next 
  week. Any other comments?
  
   "The simulation models and device characteristic data are provided by the 
   IBIS Open Forum "as is". The IBIS Open Forum specifically disclaims any 
   warranty, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties 
   of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or that the 
   simulation models and device characteristic data do not infringe any 
   intellectual property right of a third party.  Furthermore, the IBIS Open 
   Forum disclaims any warranty, express or implied, that the simulation models 
   and device characteristic data will satisfy user's requirements."
  
  - Derrick

================================================================================

We are distributing neither "Software" nor "updates".

I think they are simulation models and device characteristic data which the 
disclaimer could be understood to say "Must be valid" since they weren't 
mentioned in the disclaimer.

jnp

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: IBIS Disclaimer recommended by Intel Legal
Cc: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 14:37:09 PDT

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 94 10:47:19 PST

Text item: Text_1

I agree with Jon Powell.

Also, I don't think this file should have the extension .ibs.  In my mind, the 
extension .ibs is reserved for IBIS model files which follow very specific 
syntax rules.  This file is a text file, so it should have the extension .txt.  
If we give it the extension .ibs, people might want to parse it, or other things
like that.

Other than that, could we speak plain English?  I didn't get about half of it...

Arpad

 Below is Intel Legal Team's recommendation for the IBIS disclaimer.

 - Derrick

 DISCLAIMER  (to be stored in a file) ---------
 "The software files or updates are provided by the IBIS Open Forum "as is".
 The IBIS Open Forum specifically disclaims any warranty, express or implied,
 including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness
 for a particular purpose or that the software files or updates do not
 infringe any intellectual property right of a third party.  Furthermore, the
 IBIS Open Forum disclaims any warranty, express or implied, that the software
 or updates will satisfy user's requirements."

 DISCLAIMER (to be added to each IBIS file) ----------

 [Disclaimer] The IBIS Open Forum disclaims all warranties.  See disclaim.ibs
 in vhdl.org:/pub/IBIS/models for the full disclaimer.

Subject: IBIS Disclaimer recommended by Intel Legal
To: [email-masked]
From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 13:14:02 PST