Subject: Waveforms & memory

From: Paul Munsey <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 94 02:17:46 EDT

Stephen,

   Big booboo on this one.  You are completely correct on the waveform problems.
I think I can safely say that most if not all waveform testing will be useless.  I looked
in the sources that were used to build the beta and found a mistake that didn't exist
in a copy from a few days earlier.  I guess one of those last minute cut and pastes
didn't do what I hoped.  It's fixed now; maybe we should talk in Friday's meeting
about another beta.

  On another topic, I tried your 82378zb.ibs file on my PC and it worked fine (with
the exception of the 2 3-State errors).  I tried it with the same ibis_chk.exe that was
sent with beta.  I have a 386 with 8MB of memory and plenty of disk space.  This
makes me curious if the same executable is failing on your PC (with 16MB) and not
on mine (with 8MB).  Any clues anyone?  I'd be interested in getting Bob Ross's
larger file and seeing what happens.

Paul Munsey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Rising/Falling waveform tables
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 18:00:02 -0700
From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>

Hello Paul:

     I been doing some testing with the rising falling waveform
tables and it appears that the parser is not recognizing the
R_fixture and V_fixture subparamters.  Specifically I get the following
error messages:

Checking test.ibs for IBIS 2.0 Compatibility...

ERROR - R_fixture Not Defined For Waveform Beginning on Line 111
ERROR - V_fixture Not Defined For Waveform Beginning on Line 111
ERROR - R_fixture Not Defined For Waveform Beginning on Line 126
ERROR - V_fixture Not Defined For Waveform Beginning on Line 126
c:\ibis\v2\src\cmn.c:267:assertion failed.

(Also, note that the line count is wrong, the table ENDS at line 111.)
I've enclosed a test file that you can use.  Thanks for your help.

                   Best Regards,
                   Stephen