Subject: IBIS Roster as of 8/94

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 94 00:00:03 PST

Text item: Text_1

============================================================================
                  IBIS Open Forum Participation Roster
                  As of 08/02/94 (updated periodically)

                      Submit changes/updates to:
                   [email-masked]
                  (503) 696-4299, Fax (503) 696-4904
============================================================================

Anacad
  Contact:  Steffen Rochel
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    +49 (731) 9545414, FAX: +49 (731) 9545450
  Address:  Helmholtzstr.20
            89081 Ulm
            Germany
  Support:  Anacad can translate IBIS descriptions into models using their
            analog behavioral modeling language HDL-A.  Together with Eldo
            and a VHDL simulator, highly accurate investigations of mixed
            signal designs are then possible.
  Tag-line:

Ansoft Corporation
  Contact:  Henri Maramis
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (412) 261-3200, Fax: (412) 471-9427
  Address:  4 Station Square, Suite 660
            Pittsburgh, PA. 15219
  Support:  The Ansoft Maxwell SI product will support IBIS models/library
            in native format.
  Tag-line: Ansoft is a dedicated provider of electromagnetic field
            simulation software and integrated solutions for signal
            integrity and EMC/EMI.

Atmel Corporation
  Contact:  Dan Terry
  Email:    No internet address -- Pls Fax notices
  Phone:    (408) 436-4346, Fax: (408) 436-4200
  Address:

  Support:
  Tag-line:

Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
  Contact:  C. Kumar
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (508) 262-6488, Fax: 508-262-6600
  Address:  270 Billerica Rd,
            Chelmsford,  MA 01824
  Support:  Cadence fully supports IBIS behavior models at the I/O cell and
            package levels.  Cadence's DF/SigNoise product family offers a
            vendor-specific, IBIS compatible signal integrity library of
            over 7000 components.  Cadence also provides a translator
            program enabling the conversion of IBIS 1.1 files to Cadence
            library format.
  Tag-line: Cadence, one of the world's 10 largest software companies, is
            the leading supplier of design automation software/services that
            accelerate and advance the process of designing electronic
            systems.

Contec Microelectronics USA, Inc.
  Contact:  Maah Sango, Clark Cochran
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (408) 434-6767, Fax: (408) 434-6884
  Address:  2188 Bering Drive
            San Jose, CA 95131
  Support:  A Contec product will support IBIS models in native mode.
  Tag-line:

Digital Equipment Corp.
  Contact:  Barry Katz
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (508) 568-6016, Fax:
  Address:  77 Reed Road, HLO2-2/H13
            Hudson, MA 01749
  Support:  Digital will generate IBIS models for its own chip products,
            including the line of ALPHA AXP microprocessors, as needed, and
             support IBIS models in in-house simulation tools.
  Tag-line: Digital, maker of the world's fastest microprocessor, is also a
            leading developer of computer systems, and networking and
            communication products, including PCI.

Hewlett-Packard/HP EEsof Division
  Contact:  Karl Kachigan
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (707) 577-3949,  Fax: (707) 577-5260
  Address:  1400 Fountaingrove Parkway
            Santa Rosa, CA 94503
  Support:  none at this time
  Tag-line:
Derrick, you asked about my division within HP.  Here is a short summary for 
the both of you.  HP EEsof Division was formed in May 1994 as a byproduct of 
the merging of two high frequency analog design companies -- HP's High 
Frequency Design Software group based in Santa Rosa, Calif., and EEsof High 
Frequency Design Software based in Westlake Village, Calif. HP acquired EEsof 
in Oct. 1993, and we are consolidating our products, etc., to have a unifed 
high frequency analog CAE product line.  HP EEsof division is physically 
located in the two sites today and will be for the future.
Our strengths are high frequency models and analog simulators that truly 
account for physical effects in layout.  Traditionally used by RF and 
microwave designers, many doing high speed digital design have used our tools 
to simulate the analog performance of interconnects, packages, etc.

Our interest is in tracking industry standards groups like IBIS, to see how 
our products may use this technology in the future.

High Design Technology
  Contact:  Michael Smith
  Email:
  Phone:
  Address:

  Support:
  Tag-line:

HyperLynx
  Contact:  Kellee Crisafulli
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (206) 869-2320, Fax: (206) 881-1008
  Address:  P.O. Box 3578
            Redmond, WA 98073-3578
  Support:  The LineSim simulator, an interactive analysis tool, reads IBIS
            files as part of its native library support.  The BoardSim
            simulator (available in July 1994) is an analysis tool that
            reads geometric data directly from PCB layout databases; it also
            natively supports IBIS files.

            LineSim and BoardSim both ship with a set of IBIS libraries;
            additional model libraries are available free of charge to
            customers on HyperLynx's BBS.
  Tag line: HyperLynx, Inc. is the industry's leading supplier of
            affordable, accurate, PC-based signal-integrity software.

IBM Corp. (unofficially)
  Contact:  Joseph C. (Jay) Diepenbrock
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (919) 543-8804
  Address:  IBM Network Hdwe. Div.
            Transceiver Technology Dev't, D63/061
            P. O. Box 12195
            Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
  Support:  No formal declaration of support.
  Tag-line:

IBM-Motorola (PowerPC)
  Contact:  Lynn Warriner, Hoa Quoc
  Email:
  Phone:
  Address:

  Support:
  Tag-line:

Integrity Engineering, Inc.
  Contact:  Greg Doyle
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (612) 636-6913, Fax: (612) 631-2241
  Address:  1306 W. Country Rd. F, Suite 100
            St. Paul, MN 55112
  Support:  The Integrity Simulators and Parasitic Extractor tools, SImnet,
            SImnet X, and Autospice are shipped with an IBIS2IEI translation
            program that enables any IBIS file to be directly converted for
            use with the simulator or SPICE extractor.

            The next revisions of IEI programs, slated for delivery 2Q '94,
            will support IBIS models in native mode.  A utility will be
            provided to read, edit, and view IBIS files directly.
  Tag-line:

Intel Corporation
  Contact:  Will Hobbs
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (503) 696-4369, Fax: (503) 696-4210
  Address:  5200 NE Elam Young Pkwy, JF1-57
            Hillsboro, OR 97124
  Support:  Intel provides IBIS models for some of its components.  For a
            list of supported components, send the following message to
            [email-masked]:
            path <your return email path>
            send pub/ibis/models/intel readme   index /pub/ibis/models/intel
  Tag-line: Intel, the world's largest chip maker, is also a leading
            manufacturer of personal computer networking and communications
            products.

Interconnectix, Inc.
  Contact:  Bob Ross
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (503) 684-6641, Fax: (503) 639-3469
  Address:  10220 S.W. Nimbus Ave., K4
            Portland, Oregon 97223
  Support:  Interconnectix product will be able to read IBIS Version 1.1
            models directly (NATIVE MODE).  The product will be able to read
            a text file composed of a library of IBIS models.
  Tag-line:

Intergraph Corp.
Feel free to include our name in the EDN article.  Rob Kelley
  Contact:  Ian Dodd, David Wiens
  Email:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
  Phone:    (303) 581-2300
  Address:  6101 Lookout Road, Suite A
            Boulder, CO 80301
  Support:  Intergraph Electronics fully supports the activities of the IBIS
            open forum and as such, is ensuring that all signal integrity
            development is aligned so that our customers will be able to
            take advantage of IBIS as the standard stabilizes.
  Tag-line: Intergraph Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is the world's
            largest independent NT development site and the world's largest
            company dedicated to supplying interactive computer graphics
            systems.

IntuSoft
  Contact:  Charles Hymowitz
  Email:
  Phone:    (303) 833-0710
  Address:

  Support:  IntuSoft takes a customer's netlist or model and translates it
            into a Spice model, free of charge.  IntuSoft has the Golden
            Parser source but hasn't, as of yet, automated the process.
            IntuSoft is waiting until there are more IBIS models available.
  Tag-line:

Mentor Graphics Corp.
  Contact:  Ravender Goyal
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:
  Address:  8005 SW Boeckman Rd.
            Wilsonville, OR 97070-7777
  Support:  Mentor supports IBIS by using Quad Design and Intel IBIS models.
  Tag-line:

Meta-Software
  Contact:  John Sliney,       Mei Wong
  Email:    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
  Phone:    (408) 369-5446,    (408) 371-5100
  Address:  1300 White Oaks Rd.
            Campbell, CA 95008
  Support:
  Tag-line:

MicroSim Corp.
  Contact:  Arthur Wong
  Email:
  Phone:    (714) 770-3022, FAX: (714) 455-0554
  Address:  20 Fairbanks
            Irvine, CA 92718
  Support:  MicroSim can automatically generate PSpice models for vendors
            who provide data in a file format conforming to the IBIS Ver 1.1
            specification.  The models can then be simulated with PSpice.
            MicroSim has made IBIS models for Intel's Pentium processor
            82430 PCIset available to customers.
  Tag-line: MicroSim Corp. - The Desktop EDA Company - provides technically
            sophisticated software for schematic entry, simulation,
            programmable logic synthesis, and signal integrity analysis.

National Semiconductor Corp.
  Contact:  Syed Huq
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (408) 721-4874, Fax:(408)721-4785
  Address:  2900 Semiconductor Drive
            M/S E-200
            Santa Clara, CA 95052
Support:    The Advanced Systems & Interface Product Group(ASIP) of National
            Semiconductor is willing to create differential IBIS model files
            and provide IBIS model support to customers.
  Tag-line: National Semiconductor provides technologies for moving and
            shaping information.  The company focuses on communications,
            analog, and personal systems markets, and is the fourth largest
            U.S semiconductor merchant.

NEC Corporation
Contact:  Hiroshi Matsumoto
Email:    [email-masked]
Phone:    +81 -44-435-1501(DIR), Fax: +81 -44-435-1887
Address:  Design Sys. Dept., System ASIC Div., NEC Corp.
          1753 Shimonumabe, Nakahara-ku
          Kawasaki Japan 211
Support:  NEC is willing to write some IBIS models and a model generator
          for some of its LSI components.
Tag-line:

North Carolina State University
  Contact:  Michael Steer, Paul Franzon,   Steve Lipa
  Email:    [email-masked]   [email-masked]  [email-masked]
  Phone:    919-515-5191   919-515-7351    919-515-3947
            FAX for all three: 919-515-5523
  Address:  ECE Dept. Box 7911
            NC State Univ.
            Raleigh, NC  27695-7911
  Support:  (as of 2/94) A Spice to IBIS converter is being developed.  A
            measurement based procedure is being developed for extracting
            IBIS models.  A yacc/lex parser for IBIS models is being
            develped.  All software and techniques will be put in the public
            domain.
  Tag-line:

Performance Signal Integrity, Inc.
  Contact:  Eric Bracken
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (412) 682-7101, Fax: (412) 682-7178
  Address:  4618 Henry St.
            Pittsburgh, PA 15213
  Support:  PSIBoards will accept IBIS V1.1 (ibis_chk compatible) model
            files directly.  The IBIS files can contain any number of
            models or components.  Instances of these models can be declared
            in the input deck, along with interconnections, to describe a
            complete design.
  Tag-line:

Quad Design Technology, Inc.
  Contact:  Jon Powell
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
  Address:  1385 Del Norte Rd.
            Camarillo, CA 93010
  Support:  Quad Design has a translation program that translates from IBIS
            format to Quad Design .mod format.  This translator uses the
            Golden Parser code with enhancements to warn of malformed (yet
            legal) models.  The translator supports user input to be able to
            select from the min-typ-max range of IBIS data.  This program
            (IBIS2XTK) is available now and will be generally distributed
            with the XTK 5.2 release (available in Feb. 1994).
  Tag-line: Quad Desgin is a leading supplier of Signal Integrity and Timing
            tools for high speed digital designs.

Quantic Laboratories, Inc.
  Contact:  Mike Ventham, Zhen Mu
  Email:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
  Phone:    (204) 942-4000, Fax: (204) 957-1158
  Address:  12th Floor, 191 Lombard Ave
            Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 0X1
            Canada
  Support:  Quantic will be providing an IBIS reader (based on the Golden
            Parser) that will read IBIS models and automatically generate
            data files for Phidias (our graphical VI curve device modellor)
            and database files that associate the component definitions with
            the pin models.

            From Phidias, both SPICE models for Greenfield Phyllis (our
            PHYsical Load and Line Simulator) and models for BoardScan,
            (our PC board scanner for signal integrity and crosstalk) can
            be created.

            The release date has not been set yet.  An application note is
            available regarding using IBIS models with Phidias.
  Tag-line:

Racal-Redac Systems Ltd.
  Contact:  John Berrie
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    +44 684 294161, Fax: +44 684 299754
  Address:  Tewkesbury
            Gloucestershire GL20 8QL,
            England
  Support:  Work is in progress to enable use of IBIS models in native
            format for Redac High-Performance Engineering and EMC Adviser
            products.  In addition, integration with Quad Design and Quantic
            products provides the stated level of support provided by these
            companies.
  Tag-line: Racal-Redac is a world leader in design automation, providing
            open, leading technology, standards-based CADCAM solutions.

Siemens Nixdorf
  Contact:  Werner Rissiek, Olaf Rethmeier
  Email:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
  Phone:    ++49-5251-284-155, ++49-5251-284-222, Fax: ++49-5251-284-105
  Address:  Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG
            Cadlab / Analog System Engineering
            Bahnhofstrasse 32
            D-33102 Paderborn, Germany
  Support:  Siemens Nixdorf uses the simulation program FREACS (Fast
            REflection And Crosstalk Simulator) for signal integrity
            analysis within the EMC-Workbench. Siemens Nixdorf can read IBIS
            Version 1.1 files and translate the IBIS models into FREACS
            models.  Siemens Nixdorf uses an IBIS parser, developed by
            Siemens Nixdorf, and a semi-automatic process for the
            parametrization of the FREACS macromodels.  The translation of
            IBIS to FREACS is available as a service for customers.

            A fully automated process will be developed when there are more
            IBIS models available.

            Additionally, so called 'reference lists' are set-up that are
            used by the interface (XLIN) between the EMC-Workbench and the
            FREACS macromodel library.  These reference lists consist of
            circuit informations in a special language named HINAC
            (Hierachical Naming Convention), where macromodel data is
            assigned to pins of a component using IBIS-informations, as
            well.

            In this way a controlled set-up of a library is possible using
            IBIS-files as basis.

            Detailed information will be available on request.
  Tag-line: Siemens Nixdorf (SNI) is the leading European company for
            information technology.  Based on self experiences of hardware
            and software development, SNI provides the EMC-workbench for
            advanced analysis of EMC and signal integrity.

Symmetry Design Systems, Inc.
  Contact:  Andy Hughes
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (415) 949-9600, Fax: (415)-949-0831
  Address:  477 S. San Antonio Rd. #200
            Los Altos, Ca. 94022

  Support:  Symmetry provides IBIS modeling tools and services. Symmetry's
            modeling tool MODPEX can create IBIS models based on measured
            device characteristics or data sheet information. MODPEX can
            translate IBIS models to SPICE descriptions for testing and
            documentation or translate SPICE models to IBIS.

  Tag-line: Symmetry is a dedicated supplier of tools and services for
            creating, testing, and documenting SPICE and IBIS component
            models for electronic system design.

Synopsys Inc. (Logic Modeling Group)
  Contact:  Randy Harr
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (415) 694-1835, Fax (415) 965-8637
  Address:  700 East Middlefield Road
            Mountain View, CA 94043-4033
  Support:  None at this time
  Tag-line:

Texas Instruments
  Contact:  Bob Ward
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (713) 274-4146, Fax (713) 274-3911
  Address:  P.O. Box 1443, M/S 631
            Houston, TX 77251
  Support:  TI has a three-pronged attack on IBIS support.  TI is working on
            a scheme to automatically generate IBIS models from TI Spice
            simulations (TI's proprietary Spice dialect), on an automatic
            means to generate C code to be linked in to TI Spice as a User
            Defined Element from an IBIS model, and an automatic means to
            create the Spice equivalent of the IBIS model from the IBIS
            model specification.

            The latter method differs from the second in that it uses
            skeletonized Spice primitive elements in the form of a
            subcircuit, while the second actually generates C code and
            compiles it for dynamic linking.
  Tag-line:

Thomson-CSF/SCTF
  Contact:  Jean Lebrun
  Email:
  Phone:
  Address:

  Support:
  Tag-line:

UniCAD Canada Ltd.
  Contact:  Stephen Lum
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (613) 596-9091 Ext. 321
  Address:  2745 Iris Street
            Pinecrest Office Park
            Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3V5
  Support:  UniSolve, a concurrent engineering workbench will support
            IBIS v1.1 model files in native mode for signal integrity
            analysis.
Tag-line:

Zeelan Technology, Inc.
  Contact:  Hiro Moriyasu, George Opsahl
  Email:    [email-masked]
  Phone:    (503) 520-1000
  Address:  10550 SW Allen Blvd.
            Beaverton, OR 97005
  Support:  Zeelan Tech. provides a modeling service that characterize and
            creates models conforming to the IBIS format.  Zeelan Tech.
            MasterModel(TM) models are created from measurements of physical
            devices using a tightly controlled high-frequency fixture and
            modeling system.  These models closely represent actual device
            behaviour when used in simulation.
  Tag-line:

IBIS Roster    Page 1    06/27/94