Subject: Standardization Call for Participation

From: [email-masked] (Larry Saunders) (by way of [email-masked] (Larry Saunders))
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 16:19:09 -0700

=========================================
        ||       Call For Participation        ||
        ||         DIE and DIET Format         ||
        ||  EIA Standards Committee formation  ||
        =========================================

                  13 September, 1994
                 Synopsys Corporation
                700 E. Middlefield Rd.
               Mt. View, CA. 94043-4033
                     Building C

Just a reminder that you and your interested associates are invited to 
participate in the formation of the DIE Format and the DIET Format EIA 
Standardization Committees. These committees will be convened on Tuesday 
as part the fifth DIE Format workshop to be held on Tuesday, the 13th 
and Wednesday the 14th of September at Synopsys Corporation in Mt.View, 
CA.

Considerable information regarding the DIE Format version 1.0 and the 
DIET Format version 0.7 is available electronically via anonymous FTP 
to vhdl.org or, dial-in using the "guest" account to(415) 335-0110, or 
via electronic mail to [email-masked].  The DIE and DIET Format 
information is located in the /pub/die directory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
         Die Information Exchange (DIE) Format
              Orientation and Workshop
               Tuesday Meeting Agenda

Tuesday September 13, 1994 (1:00am to 5:30pm)
Orientation, EIA Standardization, Steering Committee Formation

1:00pm Session begins
    Introductions & Overview

    Overview and History of DIE Format version 1.0
      Issues and Suggestions for DIE Format version 1.1

    The EIA Standardization Process
      The balloting process, schedule, requirements

3:30pm Break with refreshments

    Steering Committee Formation
    Description of Wednesday's working sessions

5:30pm Adjourn