Subject: Re: Verifying Authenticity of IBIS Models

From: [email-masked] (Chrisopher E. Reid)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 08:41:40 -0400

I like the idea. How about creating a field in the Ibis
model itself for the public key?

Chris

---

From: "J. Eric Bracken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 10:28:35 -0400

>> From: [email-masked] (Chrisopher E. Reid)
>> To: [email-masked]
>> Subject: Re: Verifying Authenticity of IBIS Models

>> Chris

The problem there is that a disreputable person might generate a NEW
public/secret key pair, use the secret key to sign the bogus model
file, and then include the matching public key in the file.  The
signature verifier would pass the resulting bogus file...

Hence the need for publicly-readable tables of public keys, which ONLY
trusted authorities can write and update.

--Eric