Subject: The '_' char vs. the ' ' char

From: Scott Aron Bloom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 15:32:35 -0700

One thing that I have noticed is the lack of the '_' character in the 
[POWER Clamp] and [GND Clamp] keywords.  They are in the 1.1 version spec,
but not the 2.0.  Has this been addressed?  Should a parser recoginze both?
Should it be Version Specific?

Scott Aron Bloom
Interconnectix, Inc.

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 16:22:04 PST

Text item: 

Scott,

In IBIS V2.0, under the section, "General syntax rules and guidelines for 
ASCII IBIS files, guideline 7 says: "Underscores and spaces are equivalent in 
keywords.  Spaces are not allowed in sub-parameter names.

Regards,

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

One thing that I have noticed is the lack of the '_' character in the [POWER 
Clamp] and [GND Clamp] keywords.  They are in the 1.1 version spec, but not the 
2.0.  Has this been addressed?  Should a parser recoginze both? Should it be 
Version Specific?

Scott Aron Bloom
Interconnectix, Inc.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

From: Scott Aron Bloom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 15:32:35 -0700
Subject: The '_' char vs. the ' ' char
To: [email-masked]

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 18:11:45 PST

Text item: 

Scott,

There was a BIRD, if I remeber correctly, which recommends the use of 
spaces instead of underscores in keywords.  I am not sure what number it 
was or when it happened, but as far as know it, it is official.  If nobody 
else responds to this, and you need more info I can check into it more.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

******************************************************************

Scott Aron Bloom
Interconnectix, Inc.