Subject: DAC papers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 09:25:00 EDT

Sorry, it is difficult for me to `attend' IBIS meetings due
other commitments.

I note in the minutes:

=============
1995 Design Automation Conference
No one will be writing papers.  Bob Ross suggested ICCAD `95.
=============

Thanks for trying to contribute to an SI session at DAC.  I
appreciate your efforts.  Please let me know if you end
up submitting a paper, so I can still try to organize
a session if possible.  Right now, I feel the papers that
are being submitted are scattered too `widely' to make an SI
session (except as a stretch).

Just some comments on ICCAD if I may:
- few designers attend ICCAD.  CAD industry attendance is
  surprisingly poor too.
- the acceptance rate is about the same (and in fact will be
  worse than DAC for more `practical' papers).

I think ICCAD is an excellent technical conference.  However,
depending on your aims for presenting a paper, you might want to
hold out for DAC '96.

Next year, we hope to submit a `IBIS validation' paper somewhere
(`real-model' Spice vs. IBIS vs. measured results).

Regards,

Paul Franzon