Subject: Re: DAC Session

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 08:39:58 PST

Text item: 

Paul,

As Jon Powell stated, there were several concerns:

You said that typically 3 of 4 papers are rejected.  If, as we surmised, we 
needed at least 3 accepted papers to have a session, does that mean the forum 
members need to generate 12 papers in order for anyone to get to present?  
That's a fairly big disincentive.

There was a general feeling that a DAC session would be worthwhile, but with 
products to deliver, many of us don't want to spend valuable time in the next 
month writing a paper if there is only a small likelihood of it going anywhere. 
How many papers does it take to reach critical mass, or is that an irrelevant 
question?

Will

Sorry, I could not sit in on this morning's meeting.

What came of the DAC session discussion, if there 
was one please?

Thanks,

Paul

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 18:22:13 EDT
Subject: DAC Session
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]