Subject: IBIS data at VHDL.ORG

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 16:53:28 -0700

Hello Jon and others:

     I can no longer FTP to vhdl.org either... the indication
is that the server is down. My guess is that they are having 
machine(hardware) problems.

                 Stephen Peters
                 Intel Corp.

----------------- 

Derrick and others,

The changes at vhdl seem to have changed the access to the ibis on line
database. I can no longer log in as "guest" or "anonymous" at the new
phone number (or the old). Does anyone know the status or the new guest
login id etc?

[email-masked]
jon powell

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 17:34:56 PST

Text item: 

Jon,

I don't know, but since Bill den Beste is the new administrator, I am forwarding
this on to him and copying  Randy Harr.

Will 

Derrick and others,

[email-masked]
jon powell

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: IBIS data at VHDL.ORG
Cc: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 11:23:25 PDT

---

From: [email-masked] (Randolph E. "Randy" Harr)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 12:09:24 -0700

There were a number of messages from you and others on the IBIS reflector.

FTP was not available (due to an error on my part; see what happens when you
get management involved!) until this morning.  Thank you for pointing that out.

We are still having a configuration problem with the guest/anonymous dial-in
accounts in that the password is being prompted for twice.  Simply hit the
return/enter key after the first password prompt and you will proceed as
normal. We are trying to resolve the problem.  Normal account dial-in is normal.

>phone number (or the old). Does anyone know the status or the new guest

Randolph E. (Randy) Harr

Till 31 August:                         On 1 Sep:
--------------------------------------- ------------------------------------ 
Senior Scientist and Program Manager    Senior Research Associate
                                        Dept of EE, CIS
Logic Modeling Group, Synopsys Inc.     Stanford University
[email-masked], (415)694-1835(o)   [email-masked]
                                        415-725-3723 (msg)