Subject: DIE Information Exchange for Timing (DIET) Format

From: [email-masked] (Larry Saunders)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 15:20:46 -0700

The DIET Format is an unambiguous, EDA-tool processable, human-readable
exchange format for specifying timing information about bare die and will
represent data in typical IC component manufacturer provided format. It is
initially intended for use in MCM design processes and will cover all
aspects of bare die timing including specification and checking. It is
intended to cover component required timing information, not instance or
designer specific information and will provide specification of timing for
complex, IC level components intended for MCM level use, not ASIC gate
level components. The format is intended to replace the many ad-hoc formats
in use today by EDA tools and MCM foundries and to provide a mechanism for
IC manufacturers to provide important information about their products in a
computer-sensible form. 

Preliminary information about the DIET Format semantics and syntax is 
available electronically.

A workshop to review the DIET format is scheduled for Tuesday, May 13th 
and Wednesday, May 14th, 1994. Location has not be decided but it will 
somewhere in the San Francisco Bay area. The intent of this workshop will 
be to review existing work on this topic and set goals and direction for 
future work. Long term plans for standardization (EIA, CFI or IEEE) will be 
discussed also.

For more information about the DIET Format or the workshop, please contact 
me at [email-masked] (email), 415-694-4490 (fax), or 415-694-1837 (voice).

Larry Saunders
Logic Modeling Group

Larry Saunders
[email-masked]   or  [email-masked]
408-894-0119          415-694-1837
408-894-0119 (fax)    415-962-8637 (fax)
1426 Cedarmeadow Ct   700 East Middlefield Rd, Bldg C
San Jose, CA          Mountain View, CA 
95131                 94043-4033