Subject: Upcoming DIE workshop and 1994 activities

From: [email-masked] (Randolph E. "Randy" Harr)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 21:22:22 -0700

For those of you not aware yet, I have personally decided to take an
excellent opportunity for managing research at Stanford University.  But
this early departure leaves many important issues and features yet to be
finished in the developing DIE format effort.  Therefore, to make sure the
work does not fall by the wayside, Logic Modeling Group has been searching
for the right "funded" person to carry the torch forward for the fledgling
DIE Industry Group.

After considering many options, Bill den Beste and his associates were
selected to complete the balance of funded activities I had previously been
directing in the DIE format standards arena.  Through our previous
experience with him, we feel he will be able to quickly pick up and finish
the charge to getting the DIE format to a useful, industry standard.  This
is already evident in Bill's ability to get the preliminary parser out in
time for the next workshop after only coming on-board 1 August.

I have been working with Bill over the past month or so transferring the
knowledge gained and status of activities to him and his group.  This
includes the limited support we have lent to the IBIS Open Forum.  Please
help me in supporting Bill (and Larry Saunders still) as the funded
resources to make the DIE format the adopted, industry success that we all
worked for.

Although I am unable to attend the next workshop myself due to a scheduling
conflict, I still plan to stay actively involved and assist the people and
process for DIE standardization to completion.  Also, I will continue to
oversee the overall management and development of the vhdl.org services.

If you have any questions, save them for the workshop or direct them to Bill
([email-masked]), Larry Saunders ([email-masked]) or myself
([email-masked]).  Also, Bill Lattin ([email-masked])
will be tracking the overall activities for Logic Modeling Group in my
absence and can be contacted for further information.

Thanks for all your support over the past one and a half years to make the
current effort the success it is.  And many thanks to Logic Modeling Group,
Synopsys Inc. and especially nCHIP for providing a great environment within
which to foster the DIE format development.  I look forward to still working
with everyone in my new role at Stanford.

Randolph E. (Randy) Harr

Till 31 August:                         On 1 Sep:
--------------------------------------- ------------------------------------ 
Senior Scientist and Program Manager    Senior Research Associate
                                        Dept of EE, CIS
Logic Modeling Group, Synopsys Inc.     Stanford University
[email-masked], (415)694-1835(o)   [email-masked]
                                        415-725-3723 (msg)