Subject: Phase-in of IBIS 2.1 functionality

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 12:19:22 PST

Text item: Text_1

Hello fellow IBISians:

At the last IBIS Teleconference I took the A/R to post exactly which features 
of version 2.1 Intel would like to see simulator vendors implement first to 
support our immediate needs.  I also suggested that Syed and representatives 
of the other IC vendors do the same.  For example, Intel is counting heavily 
on the non-linear ramp support and I am sure that NSC would like to see 
differential I/O implemented ASAP.

The idea is that if EDA vendors have to phase in 2.1 support over time, this 
will give some guidance on how to prioritize their (your) activities.   
Stephen Peters provided the following input to help fullfill the AR (thanks 
Stephen).

Following are the Keywords/parameters we feel are required to support Intel's 
immediate 2.1 needs:

1. Implement the [Rising Waveform] [Falling Waveform] keywords so as to 
reproduce the waveshape of the output under various loads. This will include 
recognizing the R_load and V_load parameters as well.

2. As stated in the spec, any derivative model must include the Copyright 
text verbatim.  The text in the Notes section should also be included.

3. Intel files will also include the [Temperature] keyword (for information 
only.  A simulator does not have to use the keyword, but the IBIS model 
reader should accept it).

Regards,

Will Hobbs and
Stephen Peters
Intel Corp.

---

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 13:04:45 PST

Hi again IBISgurus:

Along with the items that Will Hobbs has pointed out, I would like to stress 
that Differential I/O capability is a MUST along with Multiple-rail support.

The following Keywords are needed:

1) [Diff Pin]
2) [Pullup Reference], [Pulldown Reference], [POWER Clamp Reference]
   [GND Clamp Reference]

I have also got commitment from one of our groups to convert about 
30 SPICE models to IBIS. That will depend on S2IBIS availability. 

I will join Fri's meeting a bit late due to a conflict with other meetings.
My apologies..
Best Regards,
Syed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Syed B. Huq 
Applications Engineer/Data Transmission Products
National Semiconductor 
Tel:(408)721-4874; Fax:(408)721-4785
Internet:[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> From [email-masked] Wed Dec  7 12:51:50 1994
> Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 12:19:22 PST
> From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: Phase-in of IBIS 2.1 functionality
> Content-Length: 1390
> 
> 
> Text item: Text_1
> 
> 
> Hello fellow IBISians:
>