Subject: TEST MATRIX UPDATE

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 94 14:58 PST

Hello Fellow IBISans:

Here is an update of the Test Matrix with tests I have done.  Other than a
few minor bugs, the parser is really looking good.  I have not looked at the
coupled package model features yet.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc

                A TEST MATRIX FOR IBIS VERSION 2.x

DATE:  10/31/94, 12/2/94

SPECIFICATION TESTED                   PASS    Comments/who tested
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Test that the parser only             |     |                             |
accepts 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1 as         |     |                             |
valid arguments to the [IBIS Ver]     | yes | Stephen Peters              |
keyword.                              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Scaling Factors:                      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
"T", "G" and "f" as valid scaling     | yes | No indication either way    |
factors.                              |     | Bob Ross - this is proper   |
                                      |     | operation                   |
Test that the parser does not         |     |                             |
recognize "t", "g" and "F" as         | yes | No indication either way    |
Valid scaling factors.                |     | Bob Ross - proper operation |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Keywords rules:                       |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the [GND clamp] and [PWR clamp]       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
keywords without the underscore.      |     |                             |
Test Underscore rule for 3-word       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
Keyoreds - all 4 cases.               |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if a keyword does not begin     | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
in column 1.                          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test case insensitivity of all        |     |                             |
keywords, reserved words and          | yes | Pin mapping keyword does not|
sub-parameters                        |     | recognize "power" and "gnd" |
                                      |     | Bob Ross - OK, should be    |
                                      |     | "pulldown_ref", "pullup_ref,|
                                      |     | "gnd_clamp_ref", and        |
                                      |     | "power_clamp_ref"           |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Comments and Notes:                   |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser does not         |     |                             |
accept "+" and "-" as valid           | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
comment characters.                   |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
the [Copyright] keyword.              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Component keyword related:            |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if the [Component] keyword      | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
has no component name after it.       |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues a warning |     |                             |
if the component name contains blanks | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
                                      |     |                             |
Test the component name length        |     |                             |
rules:                                |     |                             |
parser accepts name < 40 characters   | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
parser accepts name = 40 characters   | yes |        "                    |
parser fails if name > 40 characters  | yes |        "                    |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if the [Manufacture] keyword    | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
has no Manufactures name after it.    |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test the Manufactures name length     |     |                             |
rules:                                |     |                             |
parser accepts name < 40 characters   | yes |    Stephen Peters           |
parser accepts name = 40 characters   | yes |    Stephen Peters           |
parser fails if name > 40 characters  | yes |    Stephen Peters           |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that an .ibs file can contain    | yes |    Bob Ross                 |
more than one [Component] keyword     |     |                             |
and component description.            |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Pin keyword related:                  |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
the [Pin] keyword.                    |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues a         |     |                             |
error when every model_name does      | yes |   Bob Ross                  |
not have a corresponding model        |     |   (I don't see the problem) | defined.                              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test the "3 column or 6 column"       |     |                             |
rule.                                 | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an error  |     |                             |
when non-numeric data is in the pin   | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
data columns                          |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Package Model related:                |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
the [Package Model] keyword.          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test the package model name length    |     |                             |
rules                                 |     |                             |
parser accepts name < 40 characters   |  no | Name is taken as a DOS file |
parser accepts name = 40 characters   |  no | name and not as argument to |
parser fails if name > 40 characters  |  no | the [Define Package Model]  |
                                      |     | keyword                     |
Verify that the parser issues an      |     |                             |
error if it cannot find:              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
1. A [Define Package Model] keyword   |     |                             |
that has the same argument as the     |     |                             |
[Package Model] keyword or            |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
2. An external .pkg file that has     |     |                             |
a [Define Package Model] keyword      |     |                             |
with  has the same argument as the    |     |                             |
[Package Model] keyword.              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes all   |     |                             |
keywords in the package model         |     |                             |
description:                          |     |                             |
[Define Package Model]                |     |                             |
[Manufacturer]                        |     |                             |
[OEM]                                 |     |                             |
[Description]                         |     |                             |
[Number of Pins]                      |     |                             |
[Pin Numbers]                         |     |                             |
[Model Data]                          |     |                             |
[Resistance Matrix]                   |     |                             |
[Inductance Matrix]                   |     |                             |
[Capacitance Matrix]                  |     |                             |
[Bandwidth]                           |     |                             |
[Row]                                 |     |                             |
[End Model Data]                      |     |                             |
[End Package Data]                    |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Pin Mapping keyword related:          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
the [Pin Mapping] keyword.            |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if every pin listed in the      | yes |  Bob Ross - fixed           |
[Pin] keyword does not have an        |     |                             |
entry in the [Pin Mapping] table      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test the "3 column or 5 column"       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
rule.                                 |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that NC is a valid entry         |     |                             |
in a column.                          | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that each unique entry label     |     |                             |
must connect to at least one pin      |     |                             |
whose model name is POWER or GND      | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that NA is NOT a valid           |     |                             |
column entry                          | NO  |  Bob Ross                   |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Diff Pin keyword related:             |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
the [Diff Pin] keyword.               |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
the 5 associated sub-parameters       |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test the "4 column or 6 column"       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
rule.                                 |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that NC is NOT a valid           | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
column entry.                         |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that NA is a valid column        | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
entry.                                |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Reports error for duplicate pin       | NO  |  Bob Ross                   |
numbers.                              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
[Model] keyword:                      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
the [Model] keyword.                  |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
each Model_type:                      |     |                             |
Input                                 | yes |   Bob Ross                  |
Output                                | yes |                             |
I/O                                   | yes |                             |
3-state                               | yes |                             |
Open_drain                            | yes |                             |
I/O_open_drain                        | yes |                             |
Open_sink                             | yes |                             |
I/O_open_sink                         | yes |                             |
Open_source                           | yes |                             |
I/O_open_source                       | yes |                             |
Input_ECL                             | yes |                             |
Output_ECL                            | yes |                             |
I/O_ECL                               | yes |                             |
Terminator                            | yes |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues           |     |                             |
a warning if an input type model      | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
does not have Vinh or Vinl defined.   |     |                             |
For All I/O_* cases.                  | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
                                      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if the Model_type or C_comp     | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
sub-parameters are missing.           |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser accepts a        |     |                             |
[Model] description with only the     |     |                             |
Model_type and C_comp sub-params      | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
defined.                              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser allows NA in     |     |                             |
the min and max columns only of the   | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
C_Comp sub-parameter.                 |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser allows only      |     |                             |
Non-inverting and Inverting as        | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
choices for the Polarity sub-param    |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser allows only      |     |                             |
Active-High and Active-Low as         | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
choices for the Enable sub-param      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the Vmeas, Cref, Rref and Vref        | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
sub-parameters.                       |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Temperature keyword related:          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
the [Temperature Range] keyword       |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Power supply rail related:            |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the supply rail keywords              |     |                             |
[Voltage Range]                       | yes |   Stephen Peters            |
[Pullup Reference]                    |  "  |                             |
[Pulldown Reference]                  |  "  |                             |
[POWER Clamp Reference]               |  "  |                             |
[GND Clamp Reference]                 |  "  |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if the [Voltage Range]          |     |                             |
keyword is absent and all four of     |     |                             |
the other supply rail keywords are    | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
NOT present.                          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
I/V table related:                    |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the [Pullup], [Pulldown], [GND        | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
Clamp] and [Power Clamp] keywords.    |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
error if all three columns are        |     |                             |
not included                          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that NA is accepted in the       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
min and max columns.                  |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
error if a column contains over       |     |                             |
100 points.                           |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if a table contains less        | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
than two points.                      |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues a         | yes |  Bob Ross, but too many     |
warning if non-monotonic data         |     |                             |
is found.                             |     |                             |
Test for One Warning per Column       | NO  |  Bob Ross                   |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Terminator related:                   |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
the [Rgnd], [Rpower], [Rac] and       |     |                             |
[Cac] keywords.                       |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test if [Rac], then [Cac] req'd.      | NO  |  Bob Ross                   |
                                      |     |                             |
Test if [Cac], then [Rac] req'd.      | NO  |  Bob Ross                   |
                                      |     |                             |
Test if parser issues an error with   |     |                             |
above keywords AND Model_type is NOT  | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
Terminator.                           |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that parser DOES NOT issue an    | NO  |  Bob Ross                   |
error if avote models are NOT         |     |                             |
defined.  (Clamps or no components    |     |                             |
can also be "Terminators")            |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
error if all three columns are        |     |                             |
not included                          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that NA is accepted in the       | yes |  Bob Ross                   |
min and max columns.                  |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Ramp keyword related:                 |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the [Ramp] keyword and the            | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
dv/dt_r and dv/dt_f sub-parameters.   |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
the R_load sub-parameter.             |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the R_load sub-parameter    | yes |  Stephen Peters             |
is optional.                          |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+
Waveform Related:                     |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the [Rising Waveform] and [Falling    | yes |   Bob Ross                  |
Waveform] keywords.                   |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser recognizes       |     |                             |
the sub-parameters:                   |     |                             |
R_fixture                             | yes |   Bob Ross                  |
V_fixture                             | yes |                             |
V_fixture_max                         | yes |                             |
V_fixture_min                         | yes |                             |
C_fixture                             | yes |                             |
L_fixture                             | yes |                             |
R_dut                                 | yes |                             |
L_dut                                 | yes |                             |
C_dut                                 | yes |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if the R_fixture and            | yes |   Bob Ross                  |
V_fixture sub-parameters are not      |     |                             |
present.                              |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if a column contains over       | yes |   Bob Ross                  |
100 points.                           |     |                             |
                                      |     |                             |
Test that the parser issues an        |     |                             |
error if a table contains less        | NO  |   Bob Ross - Pending BIRD   |
than two points.                      |     |                             |
--------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+