Subject: BIRD 24.1

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 1994 10:30:17 -0800

Hello fellow IBISans:

     As voted on in the Teleconference, here is bird 24.1.

                Regards,
                Stephen Peters
                Intel Corp.

************************************************************

BIRD ID#: 24.1
ISSUE TITLE: C_comp, ramp rates and waveform tables 
REQUESTER: Stephen Peters

DATE SUBMITTED:  Dec, 6, 1994
DATE ACCEPTED BY IBIS OPEN FORUM:  Passed  12/9/94
********************************************************* 
*********************************************************

STATEMENT OF THE ISSUE:  The spec fails to specify
whether or not the effects of C_comp are to be included 
in the ramp rate and waveform table data.

*********************************************************

STATEMENT OF THE RESOLVED SPECIFICATIONS:  The specification
is changed in three places.  The first is in the 'NOTES ON DATA 
DERIVATION METHOD' section under Ramp Rates.  The second 
paragraph is modified to read as follows:

 "The ramp rate does not include packaging but does include the 
effects of the C_comp parameter; it is the intrinsic output
stage rise and fall time only."

In the section of the spec describing the [Ramp] keyword the 
following statement is added after the first sentence of the 
description:

     "The ramp rate does not include packaging but does include the
effects of the C_comp parameter."

Likewise, the section describing the [Rising Waveform], [Falling 
Waveform] is modified to add the following at the end of the first 
paragraph:

  "The data in the waveform table is taken with the effects of
the C_comp parameter included." 

*******************************************************************************

ANALYSIS PATH/DATA THAT LED TO SPECIFICATION:

While exchanging e-mail with Kumar on the subject of waveform tables we 
realized that the spec makes no mention of the fact that the data for the 
waveform table is supposed to be taken with C_comp = 0.  In fact the spec 
is not very clear about this with regards to the ramp rate either.

After the IBIS Teleconference on 12/9 is was decided that the ramp rate
and waveform tables SHOULD include the effects of C_comp and so the BIRD
was modified and passes at that meeting.

*******************************************************************************

ANY OTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

*******************************************************************************