Subject: S2IBIS for v2.0

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 12:16:50 PST

Hi,

Is there any work being done to get S2IBIS for v2.0 released ?
I think the current S2IBIS supports v1.1.

We have a group at National who are willing to convert their
NaSPICE model to IBISv2.0.

Regards,
Syed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Syed B. Huq 
Applications Engineer/Data Transmission Products
National Semiconductor 
Tel:(408)721-4874; Fax:(408)721-4785
Internet:[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 13:22:30 PST

Text item: 

Syed,

Good question.  It goes along with my question about updating the IBIS 
Overview document and the IBIS Cookbook, both of which were done for IBIS 
V1.1 as a voluntary effort.  I will not have the time to devote to an update 
of either one in the foreseeable future.

l'll add these questions to this week's agenda.

Regards,

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

Regards,
Syed.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: S2IBIS for v2.0
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 12:16:50 PST

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 94 16:42:58 EST

Folks,

We (North Carolina State University) are interested in doing this work
but it willl require some funding. 

We are hoping to convince ARPA to get involved but no news yet.  (ARPA
funded the original vresion 1.1. work which was done along the way
to designing/building an MCM system.

There are some unresolved issues in S2IBIS version 1.1 we are hoping to
address early in the next year.  CADENCE has agreed (well almost)
to supporting the enhancement of S2IBIS version 1.1 to make it more
usable.  I am afraid that version 2.0 will have to wait.

Michael 

> NaSPICE model to IBISv2.0.
*****************************************************************************
Dr. Michael Steer                                   [email-masked]
Associate Professor                                 919-515-5191
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department      919-515-5523 (fax)
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-7911