Subject: New! DIET FORMAT version 0.95

From: [email-masked] (Larry Saunders)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 19:19:41 -0800

A new and better version of the DIET Format is now available. The new
version solves several problems with the 0.9 version and adds several new
features. Please take a look at it. Comments are always appreciated.

Larry Saunders

This document and related information are available from the VHDL
International Internet Services machine. Public access and download of files
can occur in many ways:

Dial-Up access:
Dial-up the VHDL.org system at (415) 335-0110. Any baud (up to 14,400),
parity, start & stop bits, and v.* settings will do. Login using the "guest"
account. Once in, simple UNIX commands such as "cd pub/die", "ls" and "cat"
are available. You can download any desired files using "kermit", "xmodem"
or "sz" (zmodem).

Internet access:
Use "ftp VHDL.org" or  "telnet VHDL.org" (or "ftp 198.31.14.3") and login as
user "anonymous". Use your email address as the password. Remember to set
"binary" mode for any binary files you may select. Also, gopher, WWW or
Mosaic are available and highly recommended if you have it available. Use
"gopher.vhdl.org" or "http://vhdl.org

Email access:
There is an email FTP archive server on the machine. Send an email message
to [email-masked]. The subject is ignored. If a line in the body of the
message begins with "help", then a descriptive help file of commands is
sent. Basically, you communicate to the server through commands in the mail
message body. It then responds to your commands via email. You should always
add the command "path <your_email_address>" to any message to assure the
return address is understood.

The following example assumes you have initiated a mail message to
[email-masked]. The body of the email message should be:. 
path [email-masked]			Email address to send results to
index pub/diet/latest			For a listing of files in this directory
send pub/diet/latest/diet0-95.ps	For a postscript file of the DIET document
send pub/diet/latest/diet0-95.rtf	For a RTF file of the DIET document
send pub/diet/latest/example.tim	For a text file containing format examples
send pub/diet/latest/diet0-95.exe	For the MS-DOS ZIP'ed version of the
entire package
send pub/diet/latest/diet0-95.tar.Z	For the UNIX tar'ed and compressed
version of the entire package

Larry Saunders
[email-masked]     or    [email-masked]     or   [email-masked]
415-694-1837               408-263-0790             510-249-9085
415-694-4009 (fax)         408-263-0790 (fax)       510-249-9082 (fax)
Synopsys, LMG    Bldg B                             SEVA Technologies
700 East Middlefield Rd    1775 Milmont Dr, #C106   200 Brown Rd, #103
Mountain View, CA  94043   Milpitas, CA  95035      Fremont, CA  94539