Subject: IBIS SUMMIT next year, From: Kellee Crisafulli

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Dec 94 23:05:49 EST

Bob I saw your Email, and I am also very interested in your items 1 and 4.

(1) More details on the diode stored charge effects in clamping circuits and
    how to model.

(4) More details on possible simplified package models with coupling and
    delay.

I feel that the diodes are a very badly needed improvement to the specification.
Many of the devices out there don't exhibit the instant turn-on times implied
by the present IBIS specification.  This has little effect on CMOS output buffers
but has dramatic effect on all types of input buffers.  Termination effects may be
much more pronounced in a real circuit than simulators are showing.

I would like to see something very simple to start with.  Perhaps a turn on curve
of percent ON versus time, where the percent on is relative to the diode current
in the table.  This could be a simple "turn-on-time".  Another approach might be to
use more of a real charge storage model.  The trick is to make it measurable with
device testers, and keep the amount of information that needs to be collected and
simulated as small as possible.  As IBIS models get larger the simulation speed goes
down.

Kellee Crisafulli,
HyperLynx Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 18:37 PST

Kellee,

I notice that the 1994 Pentium book, a clamping diode is now represented as
an equivalent Spice formatted diode with "TT" for transit time.  This may
be the critical item necessary for correct turn-on specification and it is
up to simulator companies to provide the "delayed" reaction in an appropriate
manner.  However, I am also interested in more discussion for better 
understanding and to sort out all the options.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 09:21:15 PST

Text item: 

Kellee, Bob, and others of the soverign IBIS Nation,

While we're adding to the future wish list, I would like to throw transmission 
lines into the package spec.  A general discussion on the future growth path of 
IBIS at the summit would be time well spent.

Will

Kellee,

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.

> HyperLynx Inc.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Re:  IBIS SUMMIT next year,  From: Kellee Crisafulli
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 18:37 PST