Subject: typ, min, max condition specification

From: Lynn [email-masked]...512.795.7234 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 94 09:55:04 -0600

I have studied the IBIS OVerview, Version 1.0.  I have the following
questions concerning "typ", "min", and "max" conditions:

1) Are the specified temperatures the only ones that are allowable? 
Our parts are spec'd at 10C to 105C, should I then be using these
numbers?  Or, does some multidimensional curve fitting mandate certain
limits?  It looks to me that I should do my extractions at my real
extremes -- right?

2) Relative to the process limits I assume that I chose my slowest
process data for the "min" condition and the fastest process data for
the "max" condition?

Thanks ...

---

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 1994 12:19:12 -0800

Hello Bert --

     To answer your second question first: The 'min' data is taken
under the conditions that cause the slowest ristime/weakest drive
while the 'max' data is taken under the conditions that cause the
fastest risetime/strongest drive.

     Your first question is a good one.  According to Don Telian
(one of the originators of IBIS) the original intention was to
start with a typical model and then vary the voltage/temp/process
to get a "reasonable" min/max model.  The temperature points of
50, 0 and 100 were convienent and spaned a wide temperature range.
There is nothing in the spec that says you can't do it over a
different temperature range, however, it might be good to include a
note in the file saying what temp range your models min and max
were taken at.

	Best Regards,
	Stephen Peters
	Intel Corp.