Subject: mail failed, returning to sender

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 08:20:04 PST

This is a re-post.  Our Mailer-Daemon said it didn't make it out of 
          the system.
          
          Will
          
          IBIS members and onlookers,

          Derrick Duehren has submitted all birds past, present, 
          pending, passed and passed away, to the vhdl.org BBS and 
          Randy Harr has filed them in the "birds" directory in the 
          IBIS area.

          Randy also passes on the following general instructions for 
          people to get items off of the vhdl.org machine.

          Regards,

          Will Hobbs

             Accessing Documents and Literature on the
                 VHDL International Users' Forum
                 Standards Online Support system
                    24 August 1993, version 1.0

Many reference documents and related information are all available via
the VHDL International Internet Repository.  You can access and download the 
files in many different ways.  Each is described further here.

Email Access:
-------------
There is an FTP archive server which is accessible via email.  Send an email 
message to [email-masked].  The subject is ignored.  If a line in the body 
begins with the word "help", then a descriptive file of commands available 
is sent.  Basically, you communicate with the server through commands in the 
body of your mail message.  It then responds automatically and immediately 
to your request.  (Note: immediate is relative to your connection mechanism 
to the Internet mail services.)  You should always include the command:

path <your_email_address>

in every request to assure the server knows where to send the message back 
to (otherwise it has to guess from the return path encoded in the mail 
message which does not always work)

The following are a few examples of useful commands you could send in the 
body of your mail message.  Each assumes you have requested to mail a 
message to [email-masked] and included the path command in the body.

To get help:                                  help
  or to get this document:                    send docs pub.access.txt

To get a listing of available files and
  directories for a given level:              index vi/vital
                                              send vi/vital 00README

To ask that a file be downloaded:             send vi/vital email.archive

As an example, for Joe Smith of XYZ (login name joes) to get the VITAL 
version 2.0 spec, he would send an email request to "[email-masked]" with 
the following body:

path  [email-masked]
send vi/vital vitalspec20.ps.Z

Dial-Up Access:
---------------
Dial-up to the vhdl.org system at 408.945.4170.  Any baud (upto 14,400), 
parity, start & stop bits, and v.* settings will do.  Login using the "guest" 
account.  Once in, simple UNIX commands such as "cd vi/vital", "ls" and
"cat 00README" are available.  Also, you can download desired files using 
"kermit", "zmodem" or "sz" (zmodem).

Internet Access:
----------------
Use "ftp vhdl.org" (or "ftp 198.31.14.3") and login as user "anonymous". 
Look in to "vi/vital".  Also, gopher is available and highly recommended if 
you have it available.  Gopher to "vhdl.org".

Remember to set "binary" mode for any binary files (*.doc, *.fm, *.xls) you 
may elect to receive.

In general, most documents are available in source (binary) form (such as 
WORD, EXCEL or FrameMaker formats), in an ASCII exchange format (such as RTF, 
SyLK, and MIF; respectively), and in postscript form ready to be sent to your 
printer directly.  The file size increases accordingly as you move away from 
the source form.

If you have any problems, send an email to [email-masked].

docs/pub.access.txt