Subject: Spice to IBIS update (excellent news)

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Feb 94 12:32:42 EST

From: Kellee Crisafulli
To: Steve and IBIS members
Re: Spice to IBIS

  I think your progress is excellent!

  It sounds like we need to help you get some spice models.  I was hoping
  that one of the semiconductor people would have given you their model
  files by now.  HyperLynx does not have any spice models that we can send
  you without violating non-disclosure agreements.

  (Note to Bob Ward): Is there any possiblity of getting models for Steve from TI?
  Please.....

  Relative to the problems with getting the models to converge.  This is not
  uncommon.  I have used several vendors spice models and found numerous problems
  with getting them to converge.  If I use one of the commercial spice packages
  as opposed to Berkley standard release I find the converge problems are reduced
  significantly.  Which spice package are you using?  Also I have noticed that if
  I stay close to the values that I receive the model set to that they work fine.
  If I sweep the data too broadly it causes problems.  Perhaps this should be
  an input parameter to the converter.