Subject: IBIS to Spice converter (Important)

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jan 94 12:29:51 EST

From: Kellee Crisafulli

Greetings fellow IBIS designers and creaters!

This morning I spoke with Steve Lipa, the PHd student at NC state 
University working on the IBIS to Spice converter.
He is ready to get started.   He indicated he will check in with the 
reflector from time to time for suggestions and
to give us updates.  His project is funded.  He will be writting in 
standard 'C'.

We can help Steve in two ways:

1) Provide him with a document that shows what the current version 2 
specification is.  I am wondering if Will Hobbs would
    be willing to get a document together that contains all final versions 
of the accepted BIRDS.  I have had other people
    ask for this as well.

2) Any or all of the Semi-conductor people could gather their present SPICE 
model librarys or subsets and send Steve
    models to run the converter on.  (Perhaps Bob Ward at TI, and anyone 
else interested might contribute these)

Have a great day!

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 10:09:05 PST

Kellee, et al,

I will post all passed and pending BIRDs to the reflector this week.  Derrick 
and I are also putting all of them (passed, pending and voted down or 
superseded) into the archive on vhdl.org, and they should be there this week.

Will

From: Kellee Crisafulli

Have a great day!