Subject: How does your company support IBIS?

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 94 18:45:05 PST

Text item: Text_1

 Date:    January 14, 1994

 From:    Derrick Duehren  (503) 696-4299, fax (503) 696-4904
          Email: [email-masked]
          Third Party Vendor Program Manager
          Xceleration Tools Group
          (Will Hobb's IBIS Assistant)
          Intel Corporation

 Subject: Request for Support Information

 To:
 Anacad                        Petra Osterman
 AnSoft                        Henri Maramis*
 Atmel Corporation             Dan Terry
 Cadence Design                Sandeep Khanna, Chris Reed,
                               Pawel Chadzynski*, Kumar*
 Contec                        Maah Sango*, Dermott Lynch, 
                               Clark Cochran
 High Design Technology        Michael Smith
 HyperLynx                     Steve Kaufer, Kellee Crisafulli*
 Integrity Engineering         Greg Doyle, Wayne Olhoft
 Intel Corporation             Stephen Peters*, Don Telian, Will Hobbs*
                               Arpad Muranyi, Derrick Duehren*
 Interconnectix, Inc.          Bob Ross*
 Intergraph                    Ian Dodd*, David Wiens*
 IntuSoft                      Charles Hymowitz
 Logic Modeling Corp.          Randy Harr
 Mentor Graphics               Greg Seltzer, Ravender Goyal*
 Meta-Software                 Stephen Fenstermaker, Mei Wong* MicroSim
                               Arthur Wong, Jerry Brown, Graham Bell
 North Carolina State U.       Paul Franzon, Michael Steer
 Performance Signal Integrity  Vivek Raghawan, Eric Bracken*
 Quad Design                   Jon Powell*
 Quantic Labs                  Mike Ventham, Zhen Mu
 Siemens Nixdorf               Werner Rissiek, Ulas Rethneier*
 Texas Instruments             Bob Ward*
 Thomson-CSF/SCTF              Jean Lebrun
 Zeelan Technology             Hiro Moriyasu, George Opsahl, 
                               Samie Samaan,Tay Wu
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

 How Does Your Company Support IBIS?

 Will Hobbs and I are gathering input to make a list of how the member 
 companies support IBIS.  Some vendors have created a product-specific 
 IBIS-to-their model converter, others accept native IBIS models, still 
 others may have written application notes describing how to use IBIS data 
 in their simulators.  Will asked for descriptions from everyone on how 
 their company supports IBIS.  This information will be given to our field 
 sales and applications engineers and marketing folks so we can answer 
 customer questions.  He also stated that if someone did not want to make 
 their information publicly available, we would still like the information 
 and would protect the information.

 Please describe how you support IBIS (converter, application note, native 
 IBIS models, etc.).  Send this information to Derrick Duehren, 
 [email-masked].  I will compile the information, and 
 make it available to the IBIS Open Forum, excluding that information which 
 the vendors do not wish to share publicly.

 To date, I have the following input from HyperLynx, Interconnectix, and 
 Intusoft:

 o IBIS support by Linesim Pro from HyperLynx:
   1) Any IBIS file can be used directly as a 'NATIVE' file by Linesim Pro
      Version 3.0 or newer.
   2) A single model in an IBIS file can selected, loaded and viewed 
      directly by LineSim Pro.
   3) Several IBIS models can be included in a single file and used as a 
      library.  Note: this library file still complies completely with the 
      IBIS specification and can be checked with the IBIS check program.

 o Interconnectix:  Interconnectix product will be able to read IBIS 
   Version 1.1 models directly (NATIVE MODE).  The product will be able to 
   read a text file composed of a library of IBIS models.

 o Intusoft:  Takes a customer's netlist or model and translates it into a 
   spice model, free of charge.  They have the golden parser source but 
   haven't, as of yet, automated the process.  They're waiting until there 
   are more IBIS models available.