Subject: 10 db improvement at what frequency

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jan 94 03:56:20 EST

To:    ravender goyal
From: Kellee Crisafulli

Re:        Reply to:   RE>Do IBIS models support EMI 
10 db of difference at what frequency? One has to specify the freq when
you talk about the radiated power. I will have hard time to believe
that it was 10 db of difference from dc to optical freq. 

Response:
So would I.

The 10dB I spoke of came from one of our customers attempting to meet the 
FCC radiation limit.  The 10dB improvment was noted at several frequences 
which were either exceeding or nearly exceeding the FCC limit.   This is 
after all the point for many people.

The customer found that his product was nearly exceeding or was actually 
slightly exceeding the FCC limit before performing a signal integrity 
cleanup pass on his board (no termination etc.).  After cleaning up all his 
signals he was able to meet or exceed the safety margins needed to meet the 
FCC requirements.  The 10db was a relative improvement at the worst 
frequencies.  He considered this a nice side benefit to making his signals 
clean....

Have a great day.....  Kellee