Subject: Reference to Canright paper

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 94 13:17:08 -0500

Y'all,

  This may be the paper Bob Ward describes.  Does anybody have this
conference proceedings?

--Eric

****************************************************************

Author       CANRIGHT, R.E., Jr.; 
             Martin Marietta Missile Syst., Orlando, FL, USA
Title        Capacitance: relationships and measurements (for multiple 
             conductors in VLSI packages and PWB)
Source       1990 Proceedings. 40th Electronic Components and Technology 
             Conference (Cat. No.90CH2893-6); Part:  Las Vegas, NV, USA; Part: 
              20-23 May 1990; 
             Sponsored by:  IEEE; Electron. Ind. Assoc; 
             New York, NY, USA; 
             IEEE; 
             2 vol. xvi+1125 pp.; 
             1990 pp.; pp. 163-8 vol.1 pp.
Abstract     Three descriptions of capacitances for multiple conductors over a 
             ground are discussed: the lumped-element capacitance, the two-
             terminal capacitance, and Maxwell's capacitance. Equations that 
             completely interrelate the different descriptions of capacitance 
             are presented. Experimental evidence supporting the two-terminal 
             measurement technique is presented. AN example how the 
             measurement can be applied to the VLSI package is given. It is 
             also shown how networks of cross-coupled resistors can be measured
Subject      capacitance;  capacitance measurement;  conductors (electric);  
             packaging;  printed circuits;  VLSI
Keyword      parasite capacitance;  multiple conductors;  lumped-element 
             capacitance;  two-terminal capacitance;  Maxwell's capacitance;  
             VLSI package;  networks of cross-coupled resistors
ClassCodes   B2110;  B0170J;  B2570;  B2210;  B7310J
Treatment    theoretical/mathematical;  experimental
Language     English
RecordType   Conference
ControlNo.   3897358
AbstractNos. B91037970
References   6
U.S. Copyright Clearance Center Code
             0569-5503/90/0000-0163$01.00
Country Pub. USA
date         1170

****************************************************************