Subject: IBIS_CHK 2.0 COMMENTS

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 13:20:45 PDT

Paul Munsey and IBIS committee:

Your list looks complete.  Here are a few comments on your list of proposed
changes:

1. Filenames remain case sensitve and lower case.

2. Regarding [Pin Mapping] columns, the first column entry is required to be
a pin number string corresponding to one of the numbers in the [Pin] list.
Of the last 4 column all must contain strings or "NC".  The last two column
entries may be omitted.  If the "gnd_clamp_ref" and "power_clamp_ref"
subparameters of the [Pin Mapping] keyword are omitted, there cannot
be any entries in the last two columns. (This is somewhat analogous to
the optional usage of R_pin, L_pin and C_pin subparameters for [Pin].)

3. Regarding [Diff pin], only the last 4 subparameter column entries can
use NA.  The first two columns must have pin number strings corresponding
to the pin numbers in the [Pin] list.  Each of the last  4 columns can contain
a number or "NA".   Any data line may omit both of the last 2 columns for
tdelay_min and tdelay_max values.

4. When any of the [Rgnd], [Rpower], [Rac], or [Cac] keywords exist in a
[Model], then the Model_type must be "Terminator".  Also for the AC
terminator spec, both [Rac] and [Cac] must be specified.

5. I believe the "keyword" display was intended to be a tabulation of all
of the keywords that a file contains so that the Simulator could be alerted
that the file may contain some keywords that are not processed fully by
the Simulator.  (The keyword may be ignored and some alternative, lower
level method of handling the feature may be done).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.
(503) 684-6641