Subject: Column Headers

From: [email-masked] (Chrisopher E. Reid)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 13:16:41 -0400

Hello,

Just a point of clarification please. I'm reading the v2.0 spec.
and find the same question I had with the v1.0 spec unanswered.
I ASSUME that column headings must appear in the specified order.
In other words,

[Diff Pin] inv_pin vdiff tdelay_typ tdelay_min tdelay_max

is the specified syntax, so

[Diff Pin] tdelay_typ inv_pin tdelay_min vdiff tdelay_max

or any other rearrangement is illegal. Right?

Chris
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 11:56:15 PDT

Chris

The column headers for [Diff Pin] should be listed in the specified order.
We missed that point when writing the specification.  It should be clarified
in IBIS Version 2.1.  This restriction should simplify all parsers and
should not cause anyone any problems. 

IBIS Ver. 2.0 specifies that the column headers for [Pin Mapping] must appear
in the listed order.  The first three column headings of [Pin] must also
appear in the listed order, but the last three column headings for L_pin,
C_pin and R_pin can appear in any order as long as they are all listed.

The order of columns for all keywords which support typ-min-max columns is
fixed since no column headers are specified (the specification gives optional
comment line headings for clarity).

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 14:01:14 PST

Chris, Bob,

Sounds like another Bird, #18?  Bob, since the bulk of the Bird is 
contained in the paragraph you just wrote, do you want to post it?

Will

Chris

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 15:47:17 PDT

Will,

I will formulate a formal bird18 and then distribute it to the committee.
It will appear shortly.

Bob Ross