Subject: Re: V_fixture

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 11:40:01 PST

Text item: 

John,

I've forwarded this question on to hte IBIS reflector for general comment.

Regards,

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

Greetings,

I have a question on the V_fixture ibis sub-keyword for 
[Falling Waveform]. This variable appears to expect
1 value, ie, typically the nominal power supply value. 
Since I use the same deck to measure [Ramp] as [Falling
Waveform], my deck has the load resistor hooked to the power 
supply, which will be different for typ, min and max.

Does this present a problem to the simulation vendor that 
V_fixture cannot handle a min and max value, or If I enter 
three values will they be handled correctly. Should I change
my deck so the the load resistor is hooked to the nominal supply 
value and not vary it for min and max?

How important is V_fixture? Also, are the values in the example 
in spec ver2.0 backwards? Wouldn't a [Falling Waveform] be 
pulling against a logic "1" voltage, and a [Rising waveform]
be pulling against a GND type voltage?

Please advise.

Thanks,
John Brennan

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: V_fixture
To: [email-masked]
From: "John Brennan (446-6982)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 14:31:35 EDT