Subject: Re: Help with package measurement

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 08:35:07 PST

Text item: 

Greetings,

I took up the invitation to join the si-list reflector, and this mail appeared 
there.  I thought it would be a good discussion to have on the ibis reflector, 
too.  Steve,  I hope you don't mind my cross-posting this, and would like to 
know if you are interested in getting onto the IBIS reflectors?

Regards,

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

I am on a team that has been developing IC package models
at Harris for about a year. We have established a methodology 
for generating models with EM simulation that we are very 
comfortable with. Up to now we have been verifying the package 
models by measuring key parameters with a Tektronix TDR based 
system. We are now looking for alternative measurement methods 
so that we can also establish a standard methodology for model 
verification.

I was wondering first of all if this is possible. That is, are 
some measurement methods better suited for particular package 
styles or particular ranges of frequency, so that more than one 
system is needed for good coverage. Any advice would be greatly 
appreciated. If you have any experience you would like to share, 
that would be great. If your work is proprietary, just some 
vendor contacts or references would be very helpful.

We are currently interested in a system that results in lumped 
element SPICE models for:

   < 64 lead packages for high performance analog or RF applications 
   (100 MHz - 5 GHz)

------------------------------------------------------------- 
Steve S. Majors                      |  Harris Semiconductor 
Internet:   [email-masked]  |  PO Box 883 MS 62B-022 
Phone:      (407) 724-7432           |  Melbourne, Fla. 32902 
-------------------------------------------------------------

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Content-Length: 1369
Subject: Help with package measurement
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Steve Majors)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 08:56:09 EDT