Subject: IBIS_CHK 2.0

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 08:11:02 PST

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
Date: 7/6/94 11:29PM
To: Will Hobbs at JFCCM2
Subject: IBIS_CHK 2.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone,

I was OOP when Paul sent me this.  Apparently we missed connections, and he 
didn't realize he was to post this to ibis reflector.  In hopes that this goes 
out quickly, here it is.

Will

Hi Will,

   I tried to copy the following information to the vhdl.org machine, but
didn't have permissions to write in any of the appropriate directories. It 
seemed that someone might want this information before Friday, so I 
thought I'd atleast mail it to you so that you might direct it to the 
necessary people.

  I left you a voice mail message today but didn't hear back.  I'm wondering
what's happening this Friday, as I had the impression that there would 
be some phone conference to discuss IBIS_CHK 2.0.  I'll expect to hear 
from you if I'm to have any involvement in that meeting.

  The following is my list of items that I saw required for modifing the 1.1
IBIS_CHK program for 2.0.

Paul Munsey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
----------------------------
      Golden Parser Additions/Modifications for 2.0 
      =============================================
                by Paul Munsey & Ron Neville

   The following is a list of additions and modifications that
need to take place to the 1.1.a IBIS_CHK program in order to 
bring it upto the 2.0 version.

Note: 'Optional' is used to indicate that the keyword or
      sub-param is not required.

*) Parse 1.0, and 1.1 files without changing ver 1.1.a code.

*) Filenames are no longer case sensitive.  (This needs to be
   clarified)

*) Underscores and spaces are equivalent in keywords.

*) Add (T)era, (G)iga, and (f)emto to the list of valid scaling
   factors.

*) Add '+' and '-' to the list of disallowed comment characters.

*) Add 'Copyright' keyword (Optional).

*) Add 'Package Model' keyword (Optional).

*) Add 'Pin Mapping' keyword (Optional).  (The contents of the
   sub-param columns needs to be clarified)

*) Add 'Diff Pin' keyword (Optional).  The 5 sub-params can each
   contain 'NA'.  The 'tdelay-min' and 'tdelay_max' sub-params are 
   optional, but must be specified if their columns will contain 
   any data.

*) Add 'Vmeas', 'Cref', 'Rref', and 'Vref' sub-params to the Model
   keyword (Optional).

*) Add the following Model_type's to the Model keyword:
     - I/O_open_drain
     - Open_sink
     - I/O_open_sink
     - Open_source
     - I/O_open_source
     - Input_ECL
     - Output_ECL
     - I/O_ECL
     - Terminitor

*) Require 'Vinl' and 'Vinh' sub-params for Model_type 'Input',
   'I/O', 'I/O_open_drain', 'I/O_open_sink', 'I/O_open_source', 
   'Input_ECL', and 'I/O_ECL'.

*) Check the V/I table for 'I' sign errors.

*) Add 'Temperature Range' keyword (Optional).

*) 'Voltage Range' keyword is only required if no reference
   keywords are present.

*) Add 'Pullup Reference', 'Pulldown Reference',
   'POWER Clamp Reference', and 'GND Clamp Reference' keywords. 
   These are required only if the 'Voltage Range' keyword is not 
   present.

*) Check and warn for non-monotonic data in the V/I curves.

*) Add 'Rgnd', 'Rpower', 'Rac', and 'Cac' keywords (Optional).

*) Modify 'Ramp' keyword to not be required if the model_type is
   'Terminator'.

*) Add 'R_load' sub-param to 'Ramp' keyword (Optional).

*) Add 'Rising Waveform' and 'Falling Waveform' keywords
   (Optional).

*) Add Package Model keyword's, which are:
     - Define Package Model
     - Manufacturer
     - OEM
     - Description
     - Number of Pins
     - Pin Numbers
     - Model Data
     - Resistance Matrix
     - Inductance Matrix
     - Capacitance Matrix
     - Bandwidth
     - Row
     - End Model Data
     - End Package Model

*) Allow Package Model definitions to exist in a '.pkg' file
   within the same directory as the '.ibs' file.

*) Add 'beyond 1.1 keyword display'.  (Didn't undestand what
   this meant.  It was mentioned in the minutes of the last 
   meeting)