Subject: IBIS V2.0 has been ratified

From: "Hobbs, Will" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 16:56:43 PDT

Greetings,

For anyone on the reflector that is not aware of this, the IBIS Open Forum met 
at DAC in San Diego, CA, on 6/9/94 and ratified version 2.0 of the IBIS 
specification.  Final text will be posted to the reflector in a few days.

We will be contracting Paul Munsey, the software engineer who wrote the original
version of ibis_chk, the IBIS Golden Parser, to update or rewrite the parser for
V2.0.  With history as our guide, we expect some minor changes to be required to
the spec as a result of his efforts.  No substantive changes will occur.  We 
will consider his input, and if necessary approve an update, V2.1, very quickly 
thereafter.  Expect this before the end of summer.

Many thanks to all the talented and energetic people who put time and effort 
into getting us to this point.  IBIS V2.0 is a significant achievement.  We 
believe V2.0 makes IBIS a very powerful addition to the computer industry's tool
set.

Best regards,

Will Hobbs
Intel Corporation