Subject: S2IBIS PROJECT

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 16:00:18 PDT

Steve Lipa, Michael Steer, Paul Franzon

I enjoyed meeting you at DAC, Paul.  As we discussed, we have hired for
this summer Scott Bloom, a graduate student at Oregon State University,
to work primarily on expanding the S2IBIS utility for Version 1.1 and
for the recently ratified Version 2.0.  I would like very much if Scott
can work with Steve on this project.  Scott's address is [email-masked].

Currently Scott is in a familarization phase and is bringing up our version
of Berkeley Spice and will be reviewing the S2IBIS work to date.  It would
be very helpful, Steve, if we could get a copy of the source(s) code developed
to date or very shortly if there is some minor cleanup to be done.  I expect
Scott (and I) to remain in very close colaboration with you on this project.

Our objective is to help create public domain S2IBIS utilities to help 
encourage the semiconductor vendors to produce IBIS models for their
components.  Consistent with your charter, we expect all of our work to
be public domain and posted in the ibis repository.

Michael, for you information, Steffen Rochel at Anacad ([email-masked]) was
very interested in continuing the work in producing a formal grammar (BNF)
for IBIS, and I passed on some incomplete work that I had done and also
mentioned that he might contact you regarding the work you have done in
this area.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.