Subject: Bench Measurements questions ...

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 10:34:26 PDT

Hi,
	I need some clarification on some bench measurements. Let me know if I am
	correct on the following assumptions. 

	First of all, is it safe to assume that if the device is non-tri statable, 
	then no need to take [GND Clamp], [POWER Clamp] data as these will be 
	included in the [Pulldown] and [Pullup].
	So, I specify the voltage value on the 'Voltage' table but put NA on the 
	'I(typ)' column for both the Clamp measurements.

	For the [Pulldown], since it's referenced to GND, it's straight forward
	sweep of Vout from -5V to +10V. Measure the resulting 'I(typ)'. 
	No need to do any modifications to the V/I table.
	Does that sound right?

	For the [Pullup], since it's referenced to Vcc, I need to use the formula
	Vtable = Vcc - Vout.
	So, I again sweep Vout from -5V to +10 volts.
	Recalculate the Vtable numbers based on "Vtable = Vcc - Vout".
	Leave the 'I(typ)' sign( plus to minus) as they are.

	I am making my measurements not on a curve tracer but using a programmbale
	power supply and a software on a GPIB Mac that can Force a voltage range
	and record the 'I(typ)' reading.
	
Regards,
Syed huq