Subject: s2ibis executables

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 02:06:25 EST

Dear IBIS Community:

    Hi.   I have put s2ibis executables for DEC 2100/3100/5000, SUN
SPARCstation, and RS6000 workstations in the incoming directory at
vhdl.org.   Our WATCOM compiler is broken, and one of the master
diskettes is corrupted, so I will not be able to provide the IBM PC
version until I can recompile.  I think we have another compiler
around here, so I may be able to fix it later today or over the
weekend.

    I have tested s2ibis with Berkeley SPICE 2 and 3 on the 
Decstations, with Berkeley SPICE 3 on the SPARCstations, and
with Lipa SPICE 0.0 on an RS6000.  Lipa SPICE is a kludge, but I
think s2ibis will work OK with both versions of Berkeley SPICE 
on the RS6000. I would really appreciate it if someone with one 
of the Berkeley SPICE versions would let me know if it works OK on 
the RS6000, as I have no idea when it will be loaded onto our
machine.  The PSPICE routines are also implemented, but we only have
PSPICE on IBM PCs, so I won't be able to test them until I get
the WATCOM compiler fixed, or a replacement compiler.

    Regarding the feedback I've gotten so far:  I have updated 
the documentation to reflect the fact that I/O pins require polarity,
vih and vil entries on their pindata lines to describe the input
part of the functionality.  I have added a C_comp entry for each
[Model], but I just copied the one in  the Version 1.1 spec. I
didn't put it in in the first place because I didn't understand what
it was.  I still haven't put a [POWER_Clamp] table in for Open_drain 
outputs because that doesn't make much sense to me either.  Thanks
to Eagle-eye Bob Ross (or should I say Ibis-eye???) and all the others
who wrote me about the example output I posted last week.

    The updated man pages are in the tar files with the executables.

    Please let me know if you have any questions, failures, suggestions,
complaints, or successes with the executables.

Steve Lipa
[email-masked]

PS: I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to comment on
the following line taken from Section 3 of the NOTES ON DATA DERIVATION
METHOD appendix to the IBIS spec:

 1. Start with silicon model, remove all packaging.

Does this mean that the circuit s2ibis uses for [Ramp] tables has to
be different than the one used for the other tables?   Is the s2ibis
input file syntax too simple to handle this?   Should the pindata line
for output pins have a SPICENODE and RAMPSPICENODE entry and should
there be some way of flagging components to be left out of the [Ramp]
SPICE decks?