Subject: Posting IBIS models to vhdl.org

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 17:54:09 PST

*****************************************************************************
                   How to Submit IBIS Models to vhdl.org
*****************************************************************************

Until further notice, Derrick Duehren is coordinating IBIS model submissions to 
vhdl.org.  Instructions follow:

a)   email the files to "[email-masked]".  

     Or,
     If there are many or binary files, they should be "tar"ed together and 
     then "uuencoded"; or use "shar" or "mailsplit".  Most of these utilities 
     are in the /pub/tools directory structure.  Include a "readme" file 
     identifying the files and the submitter.

     login as "guest" from either a telnet or dial-in (408-945-4170) session.  

     Use "kermit", "rz" (receive Zmodem), or "PUT" to transfer the file(s) into 
     /incoming.

     Or,
     Send a DOS-formatted diskette with the IBIS and "readme" files to:
       US Postal Service:             Package Delivery Service:
         Derrick Duehren                Derrick Duehren
         Intel Corp. M/S JF1-97         Intel Corp. M/S JF1-97, Post E10
         2400 NE Elam Young Pkwy.       2111 NE 25th St.
         Hillsboro, OR 97124            Hillsboro, OR 97124
      
b)   Send email to [email-masked] letting him know what you 
     have transferred to \incoming so Derrick can move them to the appropriate 
     directory.

Following are more detailed instructions for "accessing" vhdl.org.

- Randy Harr and Derrick Duehren

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Accessing Documents and Literature on the
                        VHDL International Users' Forum
                        Standards On-line Support system
                          24 August 1993, version 1.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many reference documents and related information are all available via
the VHDL International Internet Repository.  You can access and download the 
files in many different ways.  Each is described further here.

Email Access:
-------------
There is an FTP archive server which is accessible via email.  Send an email 
message to [email-masked].  The subject is ignored.  If a line in the body 
begins with the word "help", then a descriptive file of commands available is 
sent.  Basically, you communicate with the server through commands in the body 
of your mail message.  It then responds automatically and immediately to your 
request.  (Note: immediate is relative to your connection mechanism to the 
Internet mail services.)  You should always include the command:

     path <your_email_address>

in every request to assure the server knows where to send the message back to 
(otherwise it has to guess from the return path encoded in the mail message 
which does not always work)

The following are a few examples of useful commands you could send in the body 
of your mail message.  Each assumes you have requested to mail a message to 
[email-masked] and included the path command in the body.

To get help:                                   help
   or to get this document:                    send docs pub.access.txt

To get a listing of available files and
   directories for a given level:              index vi/vital
                                               send vi/vital 00README

To ask that a file be downloaded:              send vi/vital email.archive

As an example, for Joe Smith of XYZ (login name joes) to get the VITAL version 
2.0 spec, he would send an email request to "[email-masked]" with the 
following body:

   path  [email-masked]
   send vi/vital vitalspec20.ps.Z

Dial-Up Access:
---------------
Dial-up to the vhdl.org system at 408.945.4170.  Any baud (up to 14,400), 
parity, start & stop bits, and v.* settings will do.  Login using the "guest" 
account.  Once in, simple UNIX commands such as "cd vi/vital", "ls" and
"cat 00README" are available.  Also, you can download desired files using 
"kermit", "zmodem" or "sz" (zmodem).

Internet Access:
----------------
Use "ftp vhdl.org" (or "ftp 198.31.14.3") and login as user "anonymous". Look in
to "vi/vital".  Also, gopher is available and highly recommended if you have it 
available.  Gopher to "vhdl.org".

Remember to set "binary" mode for any binary files (*.doc, *.fm, *.xls) you may 
elect to receive.

In general, most documents are available in source (binary) form (such as WORD, 
EXCEL or FrameMaker formats), in an ASCII exchange format (such as RTF, SyLK, 
and MIF; respectively), and in postscript form ready to be sent to your printer 
directly.  The file size increases accordingly as you move away from the source 
form.

If you have any problems, send an email to [email-masked].

docs/pub.access.txt