Subject: S2IBIS FEEDBACK

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 17:33:41 PST

To IBIS committee and Steve 

Steve, your Spice to IBIS work and progress is very impressive.  I now have
several brief comments based on a quick review and an IBIS_CHK of your results.

(1) Version 1.1 of IBIS requires that C_comp be defined for all models,
and this shows up as an error in your example.  After this is corrected,
and a [RAMP] is inserted, your IBIS results pass IBIS_CHK.

(2) In the DESCRIPTION section for the manual, you indicate that Open_drain
omits the [POWER_clamp] table.  This table can exist and should be inserted,
if it exists, into Open_drain models.

(3) In the INPUT FILE section, there needs to be a method to enter "vih"
and "vil" for I/O models as well as Input.  As a result of a Version 1.1
potential "oversite",  This information is not checked by IBIS_CHK.  In
practice, it is a virtual requirement for timing analysis.  Based on the
writeup, it appears to be impossible to enter this information for I/O pins.
Also, I notice that the Input models in your example do not contain the
Vinh and Vinl information.

Thank you for posting the results so quickly.  Great Job!!!

Bob Ross, Interconnectix, Inc.