Subject: IBIS Open Forum Agenda for 3/11/94

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 94 22:02:06 PST

Text item: Text_1

                      IBIS Open Forum Meeting Agenda 
                               for 3/11/94

                         Bridge:          Res:
                         (415) 904-8800   661901

All meetings are 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM PST (16:00 to 18:00 UTC).  When you 
call into the meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum and give the bridge 
operator the reservation number.

Meeting Agenda
--------------

8:00  Check-in

      Intros of new IBIS participants                 Hobbs

      Review of 2/18/94 minutes                       Hobbs

      Miscellany/Announcements                        Hobbs

      Opens for new issues (reshuffle last 5 times?)  All

      Treasurer's Report                              Hobbs

      Press updates                                   Hobbs/All

      Progress toward enlisting new IC vendors        All

      IBIS 2.0 Ratification                           Hobbs
      -  DAC Conference 6/6 - 6/10
      -  Steering Committee (5/20? Who? Where?)

      IBIS Cookbook                                   Hobbs

8:30  Stnd. driver, quality of support, validation    Hobbs, All

      BIRD 8, Spec. of V/I data monotonicity          Crisafulli

      BIRD 9, Other model types                       Ross

      BIRD 2, VIH, VIL Thresholds for Inputs          Powell

      Egg 1, mutual pin coupling (ready to hatch?)    Bracken

9:00  Simulation temperatures (new BIRD?)             Warriner

      Ramp measurement                                Reid, Ross, et. al.
      Egg 2, ramp table?                              Hobbs

      Spice-to-IBIS Converter                         Lipa (NCSU)

9:30  Canright paper                                  Ward

      Formal BNF notation (BIRD?)                     Reed, Harr

      High freq. and EMI                              Goyal, et. al.

      Phased turn-on/off of multiple devices          Powell

9:55  Wrap-up, Next Meeting Plans                     Hobbs

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A bit of humor from Will/Derrick:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Q: What is this?

 With mutuals regard, I think to the issue: orthogonal to the pin that is 
 mapping that of that, the mutual is to one have if pins, can couplings be 
 specified independently another they the pin.  Long we exclude mappings as 
 consideration of the as from general network (like in topologies that very one 
 you the mail the message described a week famous two ago of).  Problems anyway 
 meant at least those in a fashion [Or isn't PinMapping_. not rigorous to 
 handle].  If we come up with the pin spec for a describing mutual to -- (I'd 
 pin couplings to like this still then do straightforward to).   The concept, 
 it's "parallel extend", combination to determine of the out into impedances 
 board from seen looking devices connected the the bus the.

 To fact, that we're in about it now.  Here's an earlier talking (Egg a BIRD 
 even on how than do mutuals).

 to ]      Pin2    :[Lmut    Cmut   Mutuals   
 Pin1    1       2       Rmut    -1n      
 3       1e3    -01p1       1n    01e4    

 Pin11p Columns " " numbers and pins which Pin2 contain coupled together of the 
 Rmut are etc.  Specify the columns of the interest.  Values not every couplings 
 must be (in coupling of specified); can the that the sparsity you have assume 
 specified in self inductances [Pin been section (the about backward)]!  It talk 
 fits into compatibility and character sall 80 the only.  I'm not about here 
 thing where the sure is is is C on the outside it ("to" the node) the close 
 node (board or the die inside). 

 Near, Chris?  Do you Kumar or an opinion, where C have be on should?

 Bracken Eric 

A: Scrambled Egg!  :-)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 94 10:19:00 -0500

Gosh, I knew that Intel was having trouble with its mail system,
but this seems extreme!

--Eric

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 94 10:22:35 -0500

You guys at Intel should really talk to the people who make
your mail program.  It seems to be getting worse...

--Eric