Subject: Levels of compliance

From: "Hobbs, Will" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 94 23:30:22 PST

Subject: Levels of compliance
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 94 19:48:04 CST

          Bob's mail asked about levels of compliance, a subject that
          arose in our early December meeting.  I think the time to
          raise this is in a couple of months as we draw the 2.0
          enhancements together into a document and move toward
          ratification, although we could talk about it
          philosophically now.  The main question arises if there are
          parts of 2.0 that vendors feel they need to support
          immediately (level 2, versus strictly V1.1 compliance, or
          level 1) and other more difficult or esoteric parts that
          most feel can wait (level 3). Examples of level 3 would be
          mutual parasitics via banded matrix, whereas level 2 might
          include support for multiple Vcc's, and so on.

          Will

All ibis folk -

A while ago we were coming up with the notion of several levels of compliance,
was it levels of detail, for the next revision of the spec.  That discussion 
seems to have largely died out.  Where has it settled?  Should it be
ressurected for discussion again?  

Thanks,
______________________________________________      ____________________
|                   | Seeking to return to    |    /  __________________O
| Bob Ward          | the North Country, MN,  |   /  /|________________
| [email-masked] | WI, ND, SD, or MT. Also |  /  /_/________________O
| 713.568.4122      | considering Mtn. West.  | /_____________________
|___________________|_________________________| |_____________________O