Subject: Re: Leadframe models, Worm

From: [email-masked] (C. Kumar)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 10:46:50 -0500

In my opinion transmission line models will not be adequate for what 
happens to the bonding wire. The bonding wire is a weak link in signal 
integrity circuit and it is unlikely that it is a TEM structure 
which is essential
in order to model it as transmission line. Even distributed transmission line
model as Eric suggests may not do  the job. Since the propeties of these structures are not well known , a lumped RLGC model may do as good or "bad" job as
a transmission line model.

Acutally this is very good topic for universities because these structures 
can be studied in isolation and the validity and accuracy of a circuit model 
representation can be assessed 
properly if the right questions are asked.`

- kumar

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 94 10:58:25 -0500

Kumar,

  To clarify:

  I was NOT suggesting a distributed (uniform-parameter) transmission
line model; I was suggesting a "lumped circuit" approach.  

  I agree that university input would be helpful here, provided that
you can find a university with the lab equipment to do some useful
measurements!

--Eric