Subject: s2ibis executables

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 14:46:15 PST

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: Will Hobbs at JFCCM2
Date: 3/18/94 1:53PM
To: Arpad Muranyi at FMCCM4
*To: Stephen Peters at SMTPGATE
Subject: s2ibis executables
---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
Date: 3/18/94 2:06AM
*To: [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
*cc: [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
Subject: s2ibis executables
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text item: Text Item

Regarding your question at the end:

No.  You can use the same output.  That statement was just made there to make 
sure that the ramp measurement is not effected by the packaging.  Since the V/I 
curves are swept slowly, it really does not matter whether the package is there 
or not, as long as your resistance value (R_pkg) is not huge.

Arpad

Dear IBIS Community:

    Hi.   I have put s2ibis executables for DEC 2100/3100/5000, SUN
SPARCstation, and RS6000 workstations in the incoming directory at 
vhdl.org.   Our WATCOM compiler is broken, and one of the master 
diskettes is corrupted, so I will not be able to provide the IBM PC 
version until I can recompile.  I think we have another compiler 
around here, so I may be able to fix it later today or over the 
weekend.

    I have tested s2ibis with Berkeley SPICE 2 and 3 on the 
Decstations, with Berkeley SPICE 3 on the SPARCstations, and 
with Lipa SPICE 0.0 on an RS6000.  Lipa SPICE is a kludge, but I 
think s2ibis will work OK with both versions of Berkeley SPICE 
on the RS6000. I would really appreciate it if someone with one 
of the Berkeley SPICE versions would let me know if it works OK on 
the RS6000, as I have no idea when it will be loaded onto our 
machine.  The PSPICE routines are also implemented, but we only have 
PSPICE on IBM PCs, so I won't be able to test them until I get
the WATCOM compiler fixed, or a replacement compiler.

    Regarding the feedback I've gotten so far:  I have updated 
the documentation to reflect the fact that I/O pins require polarity, 
vih and vil entries on their pindata lines to describe the input
part of the functionality.  I have added a C_comp entry for each 
[Model], but I just copied the one in  the Version 1.1 spec. I 
didn't put it in in the first place because I didn't understand what 
it was.  I still haven't put a [POWER_Clamp] table in for Open_drain 
outputs because that doesn't make much sense to me either.  Thanks
to Eagle-eye Bob Ross (or should I say Ibis-eye???) and all the others 
who wrote me about the example output I posted last week.

    The updated man pages are in the tar files with the executables.

    Please let me know if you have any questions, failures, suggestions,
complaints, or successes with the executables.

Steve Lipa
[email-masked]

PS: I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to comment on
the following line taken from Section 3 of the NOTES ON DATA DERIVATION 
METHOD appendix to the IBIS spec:

 1. Start with silicon model, remove all packaging.

Does this mean that the circuit s2ibis uses for [Ramp] tables has to 
be different than the one used for the other tables?   Is the s2ibis 
input file syntax too simple to handle this?   Should the pindata line 
for output pins have a SPICENODE and RAMPSPICENODE entry and should 
there be some way of flagging components to be left out of the [Ramp] 
SPICE decks?