Subject: Checking V/I tables

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 14:59:04 PST

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: [email-masked] at Internet_Gateway
Date: 3/17/94 7:56PM
To: Don A Telian at FMCCM4
To: Arpad Muranyi at FMCCM4
*To: Tim A Schreyer at JFCCM7
*To: [email-masked] at Internet_Gateway
Subject: Checking V/I tables
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about bipolar?  The current of a pulldown transistor crosses zero about 0.15
volts on a bipolar output, meaning negative currents between 0 to +0.15 volts!
Is that case a sign eror?

Arpad

I agree with Maah's observations.  I would point up that his point 4,
-about checking the end points
is especially valid.  This is why I was suggesting that a point be checked
-in the
near vicinity of gnd rail voltage and in the near vicinity of power rail
-voltage.

But then I realized, he said, looking around quickly, this won't work
-for ECL.
I would propose examining the slope of the line through a point near the
-extrema
of the swing in that case to determine the direction of current.  But
-as Bob Ross
points out, the sign may not make much sense for ECL anyway.  Ah, well,
-long live
CMOS.  But what DO we do with ECL?

______________________________________________      ____________________
|                   | Seeking to return to    |    /  __________________O
| Bob Ward          | the North Country, MN,  |   /  /|________________
| [email-masked] | WI, ND, SD, or MT. Also |  /  /_/________________O
| 713.568.4122      | considering Mtn. West.  | /_____________________
|___________________|_________________________| |_____________________O