Subject: Re[1]: BIRD 12.1

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 1994 08:40:29 -0700

Hello Barry --

     Thanks for your comment.  The reason the C_fixture is between the
R and L is so that one could duplicate the standard 500 ohm, 50pf data
book test load.

			Regards,
			Stephen Peters

Steve, 

Great work!

My only comment is on the figure. I believe the R_fixture and
L_fixture should be in series as is shown below. 

Comments?

Barry-

*** Proposed Change ****
| 
|                                     |
|                                     |
|                    PACKAGE          |   TEST FIXTURE
|      _________                      |
|     |  DUT    |  L_dut   R_dut      |  L_fixture  R_fixture
|     |  die    |__@@@@@__/\  /\______|__@@@@_______/\  /\_____ V_fixture
|     |         |           \/    |   |               \/    |
|     |_________|                 |   |                     |
|                                 |   |                     |
|                          C_dut ===  |                    === C_fixture
|                                 |   |                     |
|                                 |   |                     |
|                                gnd  |                    gnd
|

*** What you have ****
|                                     |
|                                     |
|                    PACKAGE          |   TEST FIXTURE
|      _________                      |
|     |  DUT    |  L_dut   R_dut      |  L_fixture  R_fixture
|     |  die    |__@@@@@__/\  /\______|__@@@@_______/\  /\_____ V_fixture
|     |         |           \/    |   |         |     \/
|     |_________|                 |   |         |
|                                 |   |         |
|                          C_dut ===  |        === C_fixture
|                                 |   |         |
|                                 |   |         |
|                                gnd  |        gnd
|