Subject: VERSION1.1Y 4 OF 4

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 10:17:21 PDT

5.00V           0.00pA      NA              NA  -> V/I table increasing (0 > -680)
        [Pullup]
        | Voltage         I(typ)          I(min)          I(max)
	   -5.00V          38.14mA         27.33mA         54.76mA
	   -4.50V          37.49mA         26.87mA         53.79mA
	   -1.00V          17.13mA         12.81mA         23.55mA
	   -0.50V           9.26mA          6.96mA         12.66mA
	    0.00V          13.57pA        613.51pA         11.04pA
	  100.00mV         -1.96mA         -1.48mA         -2.67mA
	  200.00mV         -3.87mA         -2.92mA         -5.27mA
	  500.00mV         -9.26mA         -6.96mA        -12.66mA
	    1.80V         -26.79mA        -19.79mA        -37.25mA
	    1.90V         -27.74mA        -20.46mA        -38.64mA
	    4.60V         -37.62mA        -26.97mA        -54.00mA
	    4.70V         -37.76mA        -27.06mA        -54.20mA
	    5.00V         -38.14mA        -27.33mA        -54.76mA
	   10.00V         -44.52mA        -33.72mA        -61.15mA -> V/I table decreasing
        [POWER_clamp]
        | Voltage         I(typ)          I(min)          I(max)
	   -5.00V           1.05A       NA              NA
	   -1.10V          79.00mA      NA              NA
	   -1.00V          54.00mA      NA              NA
	 -900.00mV         29.00mA      NA              NA
	 -800.00mV         10.40mA      NA              NA
	 -200.00mV          0.00uA      NA              NA
	 -100.00mV          0.00uA      NA              NA
	    0.00V           0.00pA      NA              NA          -> V/I table decreasing

  3) 	IF the model is any of the following types:(Input_ECL, Output_ECL, I/O_ECL)
           {
           Verify that:
             - Pullup      V/I table has equal or decreasing current
             - POWER_clamp V/I table has equal or decreasing current
             - Pulldown    V/I table has equal or decreasing current
             - GND_clamp   V/I table has equal or increasing current
           }
        ELSE 
           {
           Verify that:
              - Pullup      V/I table has equal or decreasing current
              - POWER_clamp V/I table has equal or decreasing current
              - Pulldown    V/I table has equal or increasing current
              - GND_clamp   V/I table has equal or increasing current
           }

     Note: This specifically allows constant current generators and 0 current
           tables.  0 current tables may be used to indicate table is unused.

  4) If any table verification fails report the following error message:
     'Error found in xxx V/I table at line number nnn!'.
      Where xxx is one of the following Pullup, Pulldown, POWER_clamp, GND_clamp.   
      Where nnn is the line number.

   ***************************************************************************
Change 3- Add a header comment statement at the TOP of the IBIS_CHK program
          to insure that new changes to the IBIS_CHK program donot break tests
          that worked in old MAJOR versions.  This approach makes the program
          larger however it insures the parser always works the same on older
          versions of IBIS.  This apporach uses more memory, but has the reward
          of low maintaining costs.  The IBIS_CHK program is very small and
          would not be effected by this until many revisions have occured.
   ***************************************************************************
NOTICE TO ANY PERSON MODIFING THIS PROGRAM!
-------------------------------------------
This program SHALL NOT BE MODIFIED unless there is an associated IBIS BIRD.  
Said BIRD shall be agreed upon by IBIS committee vote.  Only the currently
elected IBIS_CHK 'czar and programmer' is allowed to modify the source code.
The present CZAR is Jon Powell (April 1994).  The IBIS committee may also
hire programmers from time to time to make major changes to the source code.

Note:  Source licensees are free to modify their own copies of this source code
in any way they choose.  Source licensees shall not redistribute the source code
modified or otherwise.  Source licensing is available from the IBIS open forum.
The IBIS open forum is non-profit.

The code for each MAJOR version of the IBIS_CHK program SHALL NOT BE MODIFIED
when adding code for the next version of the IBIS specification.  Instead 
completely new code for all functions and features shall be created.  This
may require duplication of numerous functions.

Each function shall be preceded by VXX_ where XX is the MAJOR version of the
IBIS
specification which is being parsed and tested.  A MAJOR version would for
example be 1.x going to 2.x.  A MINOR version would for example be 1.1 to 1.2.
Functions using the above syntax would look as follows:  V01_GetValue

MINOR revisions DO NOT required new code.

Startup code shall be provided at the top of the program which reads the
version number from the IBIS file and runs the portion of the program
corresponding
to that MAJOR version.  Code which is used only by the program startup function
is not duplicated.

******************************************************************************