Subject: IBIS Ver2.0.1 Editing Comments

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 13:42:07 PDT

To IBIS Committee:

Many comments on Version 2_0.1 were captured at the meeting.  Here are a
a few more minor editoral comments:

1.  Under [Package], Other Notes, last sentence:  Reword it to something like:
"However, the [Package] keyword is still required to contain valid
default data in case the [Package Model] keyword is not recognized."

2.  Under [Model], Other Notes, second to last paragraph:
a)  missing ] in [Pulldown] keyword
b)  last sentence: "and" should be "an"

3.  In [Pulldown Reference], [GND Clamp Reference], "0v" should be "0 V"
to be consistent with other sections (or 0V).

4.  Under [Rgnd], [Rpower, [Rac], [Cac] the figure for Terminator Model
has the "Parameters" line shifted.  It should be centered under "PACKAGE
keyword".  

Also, is it worth some attempt to make all of the pictures consistent with
each other, e.g., the same inductance, resistance and capacitance symbols?

5.  Under [Ramp], Required:  Should state "Yes, except for inputs and 
terminators".

6.  Under [Rising Waveform], [Falling Waveform], the figure showing C_fixture
is missing a line.  See comment in 4 about consistent diagrams.

7.  In NOTES ON DATA DERIVATION SECTION, 
a)  Consider changing typ, min and max text to this format:

    typ = typical voltage, typical temperature, typical process
    min = minimum voltage, maximum temperature, typical process, minus "X%"
    max = maximum voltage, minimum temperature, typical process, plus "X%"

.... etc.

     "low voltage tol, max temp deg C, ..." is not as direct in lining up
      the "typ", "min", and "max" voltages and temperatures defined elsewhere.

b)  For consistency, pick one of the formats for defining voltage:
     "(0 - 5) = -5 V ..............  or (0 - 5) = -5V
     Vcc to Vcc - 2.2V ............. or Vcc to Vcc - 2.2 V

    under 3) b.  
      (Vterm = VCC -2v)  ... (Vterm = Vcc - 2 V)   or (Vterm = Vcc -2V)

c)  Under 3) e., change "X%" to "Y%" in defining the extremes.  See note
    for a) above.

8.  In the PACKAGE MODELING section, second paragraph, "The resolved 
specification ..." should be "The specification ..."   Is it really 
appropriate to repeat almost completely the [Package Model] keyword
here?  It is already in the main "*.ibs" section where it belongs.

9.  Under SYNTAX FOR THE .PKG FILE section, third paragraph, "Required"
should be "required".

10.  Finally, Under [Number of Pins], I am looking forward to seeing an
example of a complete package model which contains 1e58 pins (the number of
pins defined by a "positive integer less than 60 characters long" without
leading zeros.  I am glad we are planning for future capacity.  Perhaps
in Usage Rules: "The value must be a positive integer."

Great job Derrick and Stephen for your editing!!

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.