Subject: Comments on Bird to add a new section for [Model] sub-parameters

From: Greg Doyle <kksys!intgrty!gdoyle>
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 09:33:38 CDT

To: IBIS group

I want to express my support for the BIRD submitted by 
John Keifer which is designed to add specified load parameters
to the [Model] section.  I think it is good to include anything
which is considered to be "data book" information into the model
description.  I would actually like to see these parameters 
become required, but we'll take what we can get for now.

I would like to see us also add two 
extra parameters (Vref & Rref).  These extra two parameters 
would allow this keyword to be extended to support open
collector/drain devices as well as ECL devices.  With these
parameters added, we would probably be able to have 95+% coverage 
of all devices.  Thus, I propose the specified load schematic look
as follows:

|\
| \
|  \________________________
|  /      |                |
| /     __|__              |
|/      _____  Cref        \
          |                /  Rref
          |                \
         GND               /
                           |
                           |
                         Vref

Greg Doyle
Integrity Engineering