Subject: RE[1]: bird 12, non-linear waveforms

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 10:56:01 -0700

Hello Kellee and Kumar and Fellow IBISians --

     Thanks for your comments.  To clarify the R_load, V_load,
etc. connections, they are as follows:

     __________________
     |                |
     |                |     L_load            R_load
     | OUTPUT MODEL   |-----@@@@@------------/\/\/\----- V_load
     |                |               |
     |                |               |
     ------------------              ----  C_load
                                     ----
                                      |
                                      |
                                     gnd

     The L_load and R_load parameters are the same as the
L_pkg and C_pkg parameters in the pin spec.

     As far as Kellee's comments (as I understand them) about 
telling the simulator what to do with the data: I keep thinking
back to what Bob Ross said at the last open forum about IBIS being
a 'data transfer standard'.  The purpose of Bird 12 is to allow IBIS
to include another specific piece of information that more fully describes 
a device's characteristics.  How a simulator vendor uses the 
information is up to them; I don't think IBIS can dictate that.

   See (hear) you all friday...

	Best Regards,
	Stephen Peters
	Intel Corp.