Subject: Important IBIS question to all

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 94 11:12:07 PST

Text item: Text_1

Hi IBIS people,

In discussing the issue of non-monotonic curves, I realized that there is an 
unspoken assumption present that needs clarification.  I would like to ask 
everyone to reply if possible to the following question:

How do you use the POWER/GND clamp and pullup/down curves in your simulations?

 a) summing method, or
 b) exclusive method

Explanation:

a) By the summing method I mean that the VI curve in the clamp section is added 
to the VI curve in the pullup/down section for the ON condition.  For the OFF 
(3-stated) condition, only the clamp curves are used.

b) By the exclusive method I mean that the clamp curves are strictly used for 
the 3-state condition, and the pullup/down curves are strictly used for the ON 
condition without adding in the currents from the clamp sections.

I appreciate your responses,

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Folsom

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 94 15:20:31 PDT

Quad Design uses the summing method, and though it could be that I was
reading the spec through quad colored glasses, I had assumed that the
IBIS spec used the summing method also.

jonp