Subject: Re: BIRD 12, non-linear ramps

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Apr 94 12:47:08 EDT

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx

I really like the concept you are working on with bird 12.  However I am
concerned about how various simulators will use the data.  I don't believe
the proposed specification goes far enough in explaining what the simualtor
should model.  This a really nice specification from the stand point of the
expected output at a single load point.  If we don't specify in more detail
what the simulators are suppose to do I am concerned that they will not
produce the same results.

Is there a way to define this information in terms of the original SPICE model
created by INTEL.  I could guess at what might be done, however if you have
already played with this it might be very useful.  A postscript file like Jon
sent might be a good way to communicate this.

Also how are the load components connect?  I have a pretty good guess, but I
would like to see this in the specification also.
R_load	50
V_load	1.5
C_load  10p
L_load  2n

This is a great start on the BIRD...      Kellee

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 11:12:54 PDT

As far as different simulators getting different results.

The correct answer is the input data itself (which is the cool thing
about this approach). If you don't get that you are wrong. 
Getting close to that is the old competition game.

And once again, someone might use this data for doing a simulation
that produces no waveforms (just delay etc.).

jonp