Subject: BOF at DAC

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ward)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 94 19:31:56 CDT

To all on the ibis forum =

We will be organizing a Birds of a Feather session at DAC this year!
All the BOF sessions are to be held at the Marriott after the show
floor closes on Wednesday afternoon ( so about 5 PM-ish ) and are to
be finished just before the big party starts, also at the Marriott,
( so about 7:30 PM-ish ).  If we have at 10 people sign up, the DAC
office will assign us a meeting room, furnish seating, an overhead
projector, and supplies.  We are also asked by the DAC office to
advertise the session for public attendance on the bulletin board by
the information desk.  I am suggesting that we have a supply of blamk
overhead sheets and a supply of appropriate marker pens to use it as a
blackboard, and that we have some slides ready to show an overview of
ibis as a conversation starter.  Possibly some pages from the overview
document.  The actual presentation should not be more than 5 to 10
minutes, and the rest of the time be taken in totally informal
conversation about ibis.  The only restriction is that we must not
become commercial in tone and start selling a product.  The discussion
must remain general and philosophical.

I am arranging with the graphic artist here at TI to make up a poster
for me for the advertising of the session.  I will be arriving the
weekend before DAC, so I can get it posted and so on.

In order for us to be sure of a room assignment, would those of you on
the reflector who feel confident they can be there please let me know
at my email address, [email-masked], and I will send the count to
the DAC office.  I would like to send a count by the end of next week,
if at all possible, so by then or when I have at least 10, whichever
comes first ...

Thanks,

Bob            [email-masked]