Subject: IBIS Face-to-Face 96

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 95 15:28 PST

To Ibisians:

I support Will's proposal for devoting a chunk of meeting time to the
aspects and issues of IBIS model development/validation/distribution/
support, etc. from different player's points of view.  

However, I also agree with Arpad that technical issues related to Version 3.0
improvements need discussion.  I see a stack of previously raised subjects 
and possible new subjects.  I expect some of the (old, open) subjects raised 
with respect to solid proposals.  Examples of such subjects are stored charge,
feedback mechanism, multistaged switching, physical package/mcm representation,
ground/power noise, ttl/cmos differences, connectors & cables, etc.  So we
should also have a rich technical session which provide some more Version 3.0
improvements.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 95 15:57:00 PST

Text item: 

Bob, Will, and all IBIS fans,

You have a valid point.  I must repeat my fear that with such a reach agenda one
day might not be enough.  In my experience these kind of meetings could always 
have been longer.  On the other hand, I see Will's point also about burnout.

Would it make sense to have one day for the technical topics Bob listed, and 
another day for the topics on problems of IC vendors, etc. Will wrote about?  
That way people not interested in one or the other session might not have to 
come for both days, even though every one would be welcomed.

Of course, it would be just as difficult for me to decide which day I should go 
as taking off two days from my regular work...

Arpad
================================================================================
To Ibisians:

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: IBIS Face-to-Face 96
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 95 15:28 PST
33:36 -0800
Received: from hermes.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0tDK0Y-000twXC; Wed, 8 Nov 95 15:34 PST

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 95 17:00:33 PST

Do IC vendors come to DAC?

Maybe we could target another meeting (maybe even on that other coast) that was
targetted specifically at IC vendor interests.

jon

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 11:58:00 PST

Text item: 

Jon,

There's another coast?!?

Seriously, I think that IC vendors are major attendees at DAC, so I don't think 
we're being exclusionary.  Also, I feel that we need to have a forum that is 
well represented by all sides of the equation-- I think end users, EDA vendors, 
model developers and IC vendors will benefit from each others' stories.  I 
really can't think of a better forum than DAC, but I'm certainly open to 
suggestions as long as we have a reasonable chance of having all groups 
represented.

Will

jon

Subject: Re: IBIS Face-to-Face 96
In-Reply-To: <Wed, 08 Nov 95 16:02:41 [email-masked]> (uunet!ccm.fm.inte
l.com!Arpad_Muranyi)
Cc: [email-masked],
        [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 95 17:00:33 PST
49:31 -0800
Received: from hermes.intel.com by ichips.intel.com (5.64+/10.0i); Wed, 8 Nov 95
 18:49:38 -0800
Received: from ichips.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0tDN3d-000twXC; Wed, 8 Nov 95 18:49 PST