Subject: s2ibis compatability

From: Celso Faia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 09:52:55 -0500 (EDT)

Hello fellow IBISans,

My question involves the compatability of s2ibis with hpsice for Windows NT.

I downloaded various s2ibis zipped files from /pub/ibis/s2ibis directory and
found that only s2ibis_v1.0, which is for windows, was the only one that I could
pkunzip properly.  My Hspice version is that of Win 95.3.  Now how do I get
these two programs to work together properly?  Is there another version
of S2IBIS that is better to use in windows?  Ideally I would like S2IBIS
version 1.1 or 1.2. 

I did test the two programs together and found that s2ibis could not find
hpsice.  Now both my s2ibis and hspice are in my path so that's not the
problem.  I am trying to recompile s2ibis and making modifications but 
in the mean time if anyone has any advice on this  matter I would greatly 
appreciate it.

Thank You,

Celso Faia
email : [email-masked]

---

From: "Michael B Steer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 09:03:01 -0500

Celso,

My team at NC State University wrote S2IBIS but only compiled it for Unix
workstations.  We were hoping that someone else would compile it for PCs.
The original versions of S2IBIS, v1.x, do have windows executables.  So far an
windows executable for the latest S2IBIS, v2.x, have not been posted.  Error
handling and flexibility of v2.x is much better than that of v1.x even for v1.1
IBIS files.  We really do need a windows version of v2.x compiled.  However, we
are a Unix-only house.  (We run Unix (Linux) on our PCs too.)

Michael Steer
NC State University

On Oct 26,  9:52am, Celso Faia wrote:
> Subject: s2ibis compatibility
> Hello fellow IBISans,
>
> My question involves the compatibility of s2ibis with hpsice for Windows NT.
>
> I down-loaded various s2ibis zipped files from /pub/ibis/s2ibis directory and

No you really want S2IBIS v2.x

>-- End of excerpt from Celso Faia