Subject: Bird 28.3 and IBIS Package Limitations

From: [email-masked] (MR RONALD J CHRISTOPHER)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 16:54:44 EDT

-- [ From: Ron Christopher * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Is it generally agreed to that IBIS does not support MCM or SIMM
Modules per the description in Bird 28.3?

Is there a requirement for support for these packages?

Is it in the IBIS plan to extend to support these packages and should I
mention this coming extension in the 10 year roadmap?

Ron Christopher

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 17:18:00 PDT

Text item: 

Ron,

There is a lot of desire on the part of IBIS participants to support MCMs and 
SIMMs, and my crystal ball says we will resolve the issues of this support in 
the next year.  The issues primarily revolve around how to represent the data-- 
physical description (gerber, length/width/direction/etc. matrix, ...), or 
electrical equivalent, SPICE notation, or some other format?  Our current Bird 
28.3 is aimed at creating a package description (such as a PGA, BGA, PQFP, 
etc.), not an MCM description, and we've chosen to separate the two areas of 
concern so that we can move forward more quickly. Watch for early and on-going 
activity in the MCM/SIMM arena in the coming months.

Will

Ron Christopher

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Bird 28.3 and IBIS Package Limitations
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (MR RONALD J CHRISTOPHER)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 16:54:44 EDT
odigy.com (8.6.10/8.6.9) with SMTP id QAA29416 for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 20 Sep
1995 16:57:00 -0400
Received: from pimaia1y.prodigy.com by vhdl.vhdl.org (4.1/SMI-4.1/BARRNet)
     id AA26094; Thu, 21 Sep 95 01:07:02 PDT
Received: from vhdl.vhdl.org by hermes.intel.com (5.65/10.0i); Thu, 21 Sep 95 01
:45:13 -0700
Received: from hermes.intel.com by ichips.intel.com (5.64+/10.0i); Thu, 21 Sep 9
5 01:45:23 -0700
Received: from ichips.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0svhG1-000twkC; Thu, 21 Sep 95 01:45 PDT