Subject: Re[2]: EIA/IBIS FAQ - Rev2

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 16:12:00 PDT

Text item: 

It clearly requires more discussion, so it should be left off 
for now, IMHO.

Will

> 17.0  Can IBIS handle devices whose output is non-monotonic? 
>

No, IBIS cannot handle non-montonic devices. Though non-monotonic 
data can be entered the feed back delay is not specified and so the 
IBIS mechanism cannot accurately guarantee to provide the necessary
data for proper simulation. To some degree assumptions made by the simulation 
vendor can address this but the IBIS data cannot be said to be accurate for 
feedback times ranging from instantaneous to DC.

jon

--- I actually think we should just leave this question off.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Re: EIA/IBIS FAQ - Rev2
Cc: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Jon Powell)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 07:40:56 PDT
:21:52 -0700
Received: from hermes.intel.com by ichips.intel.com (5.64+/10.0i); Fri, 11 Aug 9
5 09:22:00 -0700
Received: from ichips.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0sgwqR-000tx6C; Fri, 11 Aug 95 09:22 PDT