Subject: CFI, EDAC, and Sematech

From: Fred Vance <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 10:00:00 -0700

Ron,

At the expense of advertising my ignorance, what are CFI, EDAC, and Sematech? I can make a good  
guess at the EDAC acronym, but I would appreciate someone telling me what they are and what is  
their charter.

Thanks,
Fred

---

From: [email-masked] (MR RONALD J CHRISTOPHER)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:00:03 EDT

-- [ From: Ron Christopher * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Fred,

My answers reflect my understanding and may not be precise.

CFI stands for CAD (Computer Aided Design) Framework Initiative.  It is
a consortium of design automation companies.  CFI coordinates
development of standards in design automation.  They started out in
frameworks but then spread into design representation.  They have a WWW
home page at www.cfi.org for a lot more information.

EDAC stands for Engineering Design Automation Companies and is made up
of those companies.

Sematech is a consortium of companies and partly funded by the
government (or used to be) to  advance the computer manufacturing
capabilities and now branching into the computer aided design area
because the computer aided design capabilities are not keeping up with
the technology advances.

Ron Christopher
-------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Friday, 18-Aug-95 01:22 PM
> 
> From: Fred Vance               \ Internet:    ([email-masked])
> To:   Ron Christopher          \ PRODIGY:     (EGJJ77A)
> 
> Subject: CFI, EDAC, and Sematech
> 
> Ron,
> 
> At the expense of advertising my ignorance, what are CFI, EDAC, and
> Sematech? I can make a good   guess at the EDAC acronym, but I would
> appreciate someone telling me what they are and what is   their
charter.

-------- REPLY, End of original message --------