Subject: Secrecy

From: Fred Vance <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 10:23:50 -0700

Ernie,

You and Jon are sounding almost paranoid. Lighten up you two.

I'm a runner, my wife's a horse rider. We share the same mountain trails. One day I approached  
a couple of guys walking their horses and hailed them from behind to let them know I was  
overtaking them. They looked back and set their mounts to canter. I ate dust for a quarter of a  
mile before they slowed to a walk again and I went past them. Later I complained to my wife  
about horse riders. She thought about it for a minute and explained that they were training  
their horses for endurance rides and were on a schedule of canter/walk repetetions and started  
their canter a little early to avoid having to pass me on the trail.

Try looking at the situation from the other guy's perspective. Engineers modeling devices for  
Silicon vendors, those building tools, and those of us using them are all busier than we should  
be. We're all working hard and are frustrated because someone else is slowing us down.

If you would like to discuss the use of IBIS models and how best to use a specific simulator  
with an IBIS model I'll be pleased to carry on a dialog on- or off-line as my schedule permits.   
BTW, I use HSPICE and XTK though I don't doubt that other simulators are quite good.

Regards,
Fred

PS. If all you IBISians don't hear from me for a week, it's because I'm on vacation. B{)