Subject: Running Visual IBIS Editor on Windows 3.1

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 17:47:22 -0800

Hi Hiroshi,

you wrote:
>Dear Dr.Crisafulli,
>thank you for releasing WinIbis.
>My name is Hiroshi Matsumoto, a reflector of IBIS in NEC, Japan.
>I tried to use it on Windows 3.1, but the software made a 
>warning, saying "COMCTL32.DLL cannot be found".
>I suppose this DLL is for Windows 95, isn't it?
>I would like to know how to run WinIbis on Windows 3.1 more detail.
>Please let us (= all Ibisians) know this point.
>

Yes as I stated the Visual IBIS Editor runs great on Windows 95
and Windows NT.  It will also run on Windows 3.1 and WFW 3.11.
There is some extra software needed to run on the Windows 3.1
platform.

  It will run with windows 3.1 it does however require that
the Win32s extensions from Microsoft be loaded into windows.
I will probably make these available on our web site in the next
few days.  If you want to get them immediately you could download
them from our FTP site at:  ftp.hyperlynx.com   and then look in the
following sub directory:  pub/hyperlynx/outgoing.  You will need to
download 3 very large files:  w32s130a.zip, w32s130b.zip and w32s130c.zip
Each of these files is approximately 1 megabyte.  Each file should be
unzipped and the contents copied to a separate floppy diskette.  When
you have all 3 floppy disks you can install them into your windows
3.1 platform.  These are Microsoft programs which we have not modified
in any way.  These extensions allow Windows 3.1 to run 32bit software
just like Windows 95 or Windows NT.

I am not sure if the Win32s software will work properly with the Japanese
versions of Windows.  I don't know of any reason there would be a problem.
I don't believe there is any international versions of the Win32s program.

I wish you the best of luck.
Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.