Subject: Re:

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 15:41:34 PST

Text item: 

Kellee,

You are running into the same problem I did when the 1.1 parser came out.  I 
created a Windows(3.1) macro with the Recorder, so that I could highlight the 
ibis file in File Manager, press the shortcut key combination for the macro 
which would execute "File, Run, Home, type:ibis_chk ".  This way the highlighted
file name would appear in the File Run dialog box and the command typed 
(ibis_chk) would get it as its argument.  The problem was that the file name 
appeared in all upper case.  (When I ran it from a DOS prompt there was no 
problem, because the case of the argument would be passed to the program as 
typed at the prompt).

I got around the problem by modifying IBIS_CHK.C to make it case insensitive.

I told Paul about this once in person, and once openly in one of our Open Forum 
meetings.  The minutes should have taken note of this remark.  I thought we all 
agreed that the program would be compiled with a conditional statement, which 
makes the checker case insensitive for file names if it is compiled for 
DOS/Windows.  If this hasn't been done, I agree with you, it should be fixed.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a dual boot 486 with both Windows and Windows NT operating systems.  The
specific problem is that DOS forces upper case for all file names.  Windows NT
allows upper or lower case.  For the specific test case I was running
on Windows
NT using the same file directories created when running under windows.
When the file names come in with lower case in the file for example
xilinx.ibs and the file name is XILINX.IBS than the parser refuses to run on
the file.  When I changed the file name to XILINX.ibs than the parser runs
but a I get an
error message stating that the file name does not match the name in the file.

This will be a very common probablem for any person running Windows NT getting
files from computers running Windows3.1 or DOS.  It seems like the same problem
would apply for UNIX systems getting files from DOS or Windows 3.1 platforms.

Kellee
Have a great day...

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:40:31 -0800
P id AA25021
  (5.67b/IDA-1.5 for <[email-masked]>); Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:40:31 -0800
Received: from washington.nwlink.com (nwlink.com) by vhdl.vhdl.org (4.1/SMI-4.1/
BARRNet)
     id AA15365; Tue, 28 Feb 95 11:46:33 PST
Received: from VHDL.VHDL.ORG by hermes.intel.com (5.65/10.0i); Tue, 28 Feb 95 11
:44:01 -0800
Received: from hermes.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0rjXq0-000twfC; Tue, 28 Feb 95 11:44 PST