From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:40:31 -0800

>From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>Kellee,
>
>According to IBIS1_1 and 2.1, the file names must be lower case.  However, in 
>the DOS and Windows world this does not make sense, and some times causes 
>problems (I don't want to go into the details here, but I can explain it again 
>if you want to know about it).  In one of the Open Forum meetings I
>specifically requested that they should compile it case insensitive for the
>DOS/Windows environment to avoid those issues to which we all agreed to.
>
>What platform did you try it on?  If it was on DOS/Windows machine, I feel
they 
>should make it case insensitive, othervise the all-lower case is the way it 
>should be.
>
>Arpad Muranyi
>

I have a dual boot 486 with both Windows and Windows NT operating systems.  The
specific problem is that DOS forces upper case for all file names.  Windows NT
allows upper or lower case.  For the specific test case I was running on Windows
NT using the same file directories created when running under windows.
When the file names come in with lower case in the file for example
xilinx.ibs and the file name is XILINX.IBS than the parser refuses to run on
the file.  When I changed the file name to XILINX.ibs than the parser runs
but a I get an
error message stating that the file name does not match the name in the file.

This will be a very common probablem for any person running Windows NT getting
files from computers running Windows3.1 or DOS.  It seems like the same problem
would apply for UNIX systems getting files from DOS or Windows 3.1 platforms.

Kellee
Have a great day...