Subject: Bugs in latest version of Parser. I just got it today.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:50:21 -0800

IBISCHK2 ver 2.1d received 2-28-95, Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.
bugs:
 1) File extension should be case insensitive.  If extension has different
case     then file the program DOES NOT RUN.   
 2) File name should be case insensitive >
    e.g. File name opened 'ALTERA.ibs' not the same as File_name 'altera.ibs'.
    The parser runs on the file but gives an error message.  A warning would ok.
 3) Spelling error > Bandwidth is miss spelled as Bandidth in an error message
	   e.g. ERROR (line 1363) - Bandidth keyword in wrong location.
 4) When tested with file ver_2.ibs which was on the disk with parser the
    parser asserted -> program bug at line 568 or file PKGMDL.c

I am still testing, but I thought I would make an early post to indicate
that there are still
bugs which must be fixed.
Have a great day...

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 11:26:12 PST

Text item: 

Kellee,

According to IBIS1_1 and 2.1, the file names must be lower case.  However, in 
the DOS and Windows world this does not make sense, and some times causes 
problems (I don't want to go into the details here, but I can explain it again 
if you want to know about it).  In one of the Open Forum meetings I specifically
requested that they should compile it case insensitive for the DOS/Windows 
environment to avoid those issues to which we all agreed to.

What platform did you try it on?  If it was on DOS/Windows machine, I feel they 
should make it case insensitive, othervise the all-lower case is the way it 
should be.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

    The parser runs on the file but gives an error message.  A warning
would ok.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Bugs in latest version of Parser.  I just got it today.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:50:21 -0800
BARRNet)
     id AA14972; Tue, 28 Feb 95 10:56:24 PST
Received: from VHDL.VHDL.ORG by hermes.intel.com (5.65/10.0i); Tue, 28 Feb 95 10
:53:58 -0800
Received: from hermes.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0rjX3X-000twcC; Tue, 28 Feb 95 10:53 PST