Subject: Re: To Many Hops >> IBIS Reflector

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 95 14:50:01 PST

Stephen,
 
 Yes, I know.  I get them on every message I send out.  It is very annoying.  I 
 have forwarded many requests to ibis-request to have these names removed from 
 the reflector list, but the list has not been changed and we are still getting 
 the messages.  I would edit the file if I could, but it's a >8 character UNIX 
 filename so I can only read it with my DOS/Windows machine. 
 
 Invalid Addresses:
   [email-masked]
   [email-masked]
   [email-masked]
   [email-masked]
   [email-masked]
 
 - Derrick

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: To Many Hops
Author:  Stephen Peters at JFCCM3
Date:    2/2/95 1:55 PM

Hello Derrick:
 
     I sent out a message to the IBIS reflector and the following bounced. Just
thought I'd let you know....
 
        Stephen
 
<[email-masked]>  <-- to many hops
 
501 <[email-masked]>...  550 Host unknown (Name server: 
karoshi.vlsi.com.: host not found

---

From: [email-masked] (Randolph E. "Randy" Harr)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 95 16:18:16 PST

My apologies to your group for this lack of service.  I have experienced
the same long delay in getting my name removed from the list.  I have
turned over ibis-request and ibis-owner to Derrick -- these messages will
go to him until he designates a different owner / caretaker.

Derrick -- you can telnet to the machine using your account and edit the
files using EMACS, VI or ED.  If this is a problem, you can either create
8.3 character name aliases for each file or FTP them onto your PC for
editing and then FTP them back.

I have removed all the listed "problem" names below (as well as my own as I
unfortunately do not have the time to even skip all the messages of your
very active group!).  Please accept my apologies and let me know if you
continue to have problems.  I will be glad to setup group admin accounts
for anyone Derrick or Will designate.

+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Randolph E. (Randy) Harr                  (off) (703) 696-0085 |
| ARPA/ESTO, 3701 N. Fairfax Drive          (fax) (703) 696-2203 |
| "Research Run", Arlington, VA 22203-1714        [email-masked] |
+----------------------------------------------------------------+

> filename so I can only read it with my DOS/Windows machine.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Randolph E. (Randy) Harr                                           |
| [email-masked], [email-masked]. (415) 725-3639     |
|                                                                    |
| NEW ADDRESS AFTER 1 FEB:                                           |
| ARPA/ESTO, 3701 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203-1714            |
| (703) 696-0085 (off), (703) 696-2203 (fax), [email-masked]         |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+