Subject: IBISCHK2 ver2.1d

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 21:08:33 -0800

Dear birds of a feather
 Ok here is the actual problem with file names and case.  If the file name
is upper case, and the file name in the file is lower case
(normal case for DOS is upper case) and I run IBISCHK2 XXX.IBS it fails.
If on the other hand I type IBISCHK2 xxx.ibs it passes.  

The reason is that the operating system will automatically translate the case
if it is lower.

I believe we should change the parser to translate all input file names to
lower case.  Since IBIS file names are required by the specification to be
lower case, this should always work.

By the way I tried this with the FAT, NTFS, HPFS file systems.
FAT is what DOS and windows use.
HPFS is what OS uses.
NTFS is what NT and Windows 95 use natively.
Windows NT can use all of the above file systems.

I got the same result with all file systems running under NT.

Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.