Subject: bug in latest version of IBIS parser

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:12:15 -0800

Hello Kellee and Paul:

     Is the whole column (min or max column) filled in with NA, or just the
first and/or last values?  If the former, then the parser has a problem (or,
rather, the spec needs to be clarified).  It is OK for a column to start/end with NA
*if* the whole column is NA.  Otherwise, the first and last points of a
column need to be valid numeric values.  I have tested the parser with a file
that has NAs in the middle of the data and the parser works just fine.

               Regards,
               Stephen Peters
               Intel Corp.

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.

I ran the latest version of the IBISCHK2.exe and got the following
error message:

  Checking abt.ibs for IBIS 2.0 Compatibility...(BETA)

  ERROR - First Minimum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240
  ERROR - First Maximum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240
  ERROR - Last Minimum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240
  ERROR - Last Maximum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240

.... etc..  many more lines of errors

  File Failed

Almost every file I tested has NA values in it, and failed to pass this
version of the parser.  I don't recall that we changed this in V2, am I forgetting
something?

Have a great day
Kellee ..