Subject: Press Release Draft

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 10:10:58 PST

Text item: Text_1

 For more information contact:
 IBIS Open Forum                                     For Immediate Release 
 Will Hobbs, (503) 696-4369 (number not to be published)
 Jon Powell, (805) 988-8250

                            IBIS Press Release
                               DRAFT 12/13/94

Rev 2.1 of IBIS Signal Integrity Model Specification Announced IBIS Standard
that Supports Early, Accurate Models for Signal Integrity Simulations of
High-speed Digital Systems Now Supports More Functions

HILLSBORO, Ore.  _ December 9, 1994 _ A group of Electronic Design Automation
(EDA) and semiconductor companies today announced the ratification and
acceptance of Revision 2.1 of the I/O Buffer Information Specification (IBIS)
standard for integrity models.  This release is an upgrade to the rev 1.1
specification released last year (Press Release dated Oct.  12, 1993).  This
improved and refined standard adds support for ECL, dual-supply buffers, 
ground
bounce due to shared power rails, differential I/O, termination components,
controlled rise-time buffers, much more complete package descriptions, 
improved
open-side device modeling (open drain, etc.) and reference waveforms.  These
enhancements are a result of more EDA companies supporting the IBIS
specification and feedback of those using rev 1.1 models.

The IBIS Open Forum has created a version 2.1 of the "golden parser" that
checks model syntax for comformance to the specification.  It is currently
being Beta tested.  When completed, the parser will be made freely available 
in
object code format

IBIS is a consistent software parsable format that semiconductor vendors can
use to specify the analog characteristics of input and output buffers.  This
essential information is readily transformed into accurate models by end 
users
and simulation tool vendors.  The resulting behavioral models enable users to
perform high-speed, accurate signal-integrity simulations of their digital
system interconnects.

The IBIS Version 2.1 specification was developed through the cooperative
efforts of simulator vendors and semiconductor companies who together 
comprise
the IBIS Open Forum (see the attached roster).

For More Information

For more information about the IBIS Open Forum, send an e-mail request to
[email-masked].  All of the documents and publicly available models are
currently accessible via the public repository of VHDL International's 
Internet
based machine (vhdl.org, 198.31.14.3, http://vhdl.org/).  WWW, Gopher, FTP 
and
Telnet "Anonymous", and "guest" dial-in access, (415) 335-0110, are all
available.

IBIS Open Forum
Contact List (Roster)
 .
 .
 .