Subject: whereabouts of uudecode/uuencode for DOS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 95 10:18:20 EST

Mike Ventham writes,

> ... uuencode is a UNIX utility  ...
>I believe that there are PC versions of this available but I am uncertain
>where.
    You can obtain suitable programs for DOS (zip, compress, uudecode,
    uudecode) as follows:

          ftp oak.oakland.edu
          login as anonymous
          binary                              // to put in binary transfer mode
          cd /pub/msdos/zip
          get pkz204g.exe                     // the zip archive create/extract
                                                 program.  Run this program to
                                                 generate the required utilities
          cd /pub/msdos/compress
          get comp430d.zip                    // Unix-compatible 16bit
                                                 compress/uncompress utility
          cd /pub/msdos/decode
          get qux01_91.zip                    // UUencode/UUdecode

          quit                                // finish up

Michael Steer