Subject: bug in latest version of IBIS parser

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jan 95 16:29:42 EST

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.

I ran the latest version of the IBISCHK2.exe and got the following
error message:

  Checking abt.ibs for IBIS 2.0 Compatibility...(BETA)

  ERROR - First Minimum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240
  ERROR - First Maximum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240
  ERROR - Last Minimum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240
  ERROR - Last Maximum Value Cannot Be 'NA' for Pulldown Beginning at Line 240

.... etc..  many more lines of errors

  File Failed

Almost every file I tested has NA values in it, and failed to pass this
version of the parser.  I don't recall that we changed this in V2, am I forgetting
something?

Have a great day
Kellee ..

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 15:05 PST

Kellee and Paul Munsey:

What was intended was to put this constraint on the [Rising Waveform] and
[Falling Waveform] tables only.  The old IBIS_CHK parser for Version 1.1 and
the previous verions of IBISCHK2 worked correctly and did not have the 
error that Kellee is reporting.

I just got the parser today and will start checking it in a few days.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.