Subject: Re: Battery operated device

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 95 17:24 PDT

Hsin-Huei Lin:

Here is a brief response to your question.  For most devices the IBIS
models have [Voltage Range] for each [Model].  There are often "typ" and
"min" tables.  The "min" table represents a slow, weak corner and is
always based on a minimum supply level.  So the IBIS "typ" data can
be used for starting operation, and the "min" data for worst case, low
battery operation.

If the "min" data is not defined, the low battery operation can be
approximated by changing the [Voltage Range] "typ" value to a low
voltage value in the IBIS model.  The VI curves are relative to the
defined voltages, so changing the voltage automatically shifts the
tables but does not change the shape as an approximation.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.

> Date: Fri, 07 Jul 1995 14:47:13 -0500
> From: Hsin-Huei Lin <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject:  Battery operated device
> Status: RO

> Hi,
> 	I have a questio about IBIS modeling, the device I am trying to
> model is battery operated and as time goes by the voltage level will drop.
> Does anyone know whether IBIS can accomodate this and how? Thank you for
> your response.

> Hsin-Huei Lin
> Medtronic, Inc.

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 08:26:00 PDT

Text item: 

Hsin,

You could do this with the typ. min. max. method in IBIS.  Define your max 
values at a fully charged battery voltage and the min values at the completely 
discharged battery voltage.  The keyword [Voltage Range] might be used for this 
purpose.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
     I have a questio about IBIS modeling, the device I am trying to
model is battery operated and as time goes by the voltage level will drop.
Does anyone know whether IBIS can accomodate this and how? Thank you for
your response.

Hsin-Huei Lin
Medtronic, Inc.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject:  Battery operated device
To: [email-masked]
From: Hsin-Huei Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 1995 14:47:13 -0500
SMI-SVR4)
     id AA26646; Fri, 7 Jul 1995 14:45:57 -0500
Received: from mspeos.cis.corp.medtronic.COM (eos.cis.corp.medtronic.COM) by med
tron.medtronic.COM with SMTP id AA18026
  (5.65c/IDA-1.4.4 for <[email-masked]>); Fri, 7 Jul 1995 14:46:13 -0500
Received: from medtron.medtronic.COM by relay.medtronic.com with SMTP id AA18030

  (5.65c/IDA-1.4.4 for <[email-masked]>); Fri, 7 Jul 1995 14:46:15 -0500
50:36 -0700
Received: from hermes.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0sUJQ6-000twWC; Fri, 7 Jul 95 12:50 PDT