Subject: Re: s2ibis

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 08:23 PDT

Hoang:

Because devices are often characterized using separate "min", "typ", and "max" 
models in Spice, and because this request is a common one, I think that
s2ibis for Version 2.1 should have the mechanisms for accepting separate
models for the "min", "typ" and "max" columns.   This would solve your problem
because the "min" model would be the low corner model (low temperature 
model for TTL, high temperature model for CMOS), and the "max" model would
be the opposite.

An update to s2ibis for Version 1.1 being considered may also to allow seperate
Spice models for the different columns.  Currently, however, the way to get
what you want is hand edit the Spice decks for the min and max models and
execute them separately to create new *.out files.  Then, using the **Iterate
option, create the IBIS model.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.

> Hello,

> We're trying to interface s2ibis with our internal Spice simulator.  However,
> we got DC conversion failure at low temp.  The pull-up, pull-down spice model
> is temperature specific, i.e., for each pull-up and pull-down, we have three 
> different models at min, typ, and max temp.  Can the current s2ibis associate
> each temp model in its translation ? Will the new s2ibis version include this?
> Or do we have to obtain a temp-independent model?

> Thanks in advance for all your responses.

> Regards,

> Hoang Nguyen
> [email-masked]
> Mitsubishi Semiconductor America, Inc.
> Three Diamond Lane
> Durham NC 27704