Subject: Re: QU: SPICE2IBIS, list of IBIS-models

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 10:07:00 PDT

Text item: 

Roland,

I understand your interest in obtaining a comprehensive list of IBIS models, 
buth public and private. Unfortunately, we have not been successful in 
assembling such a list.  We are aware of a number of IC vendors making such 
models, but they have not responded to our suggestion of having the models 
listed, if not posted, on our server on vhdl.org.  I am posting this reply to 
the IBIS reflector in hopes that companies that have such models, or knowledge 
of such models, will respond.

SPICE2IBIS is freely available in support of IBIS V1.1, and an IBIS V2.1 version
is under development. When complete, it too will be freely available.  FTP into 
vhdl.org to obtain the current version of this utility.

If you are not on the IBIS reflector mailing list, send a request to 
[email-masked] and request to be added.  That way, you can follow the 
progress of spice2ibis through the meeting minutes.  Past minutes can be ftp-ed 
from vhdl.org, too.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Will Hobbs
Chairman, EIA IBIS Committee and
XTG Modeling Manager
Intel Corp.

Dear Sirs,

could you please send detailed informations about SPICE2IBIS-converter to my 
address?  (availability, price, etc.)

We are using the EMC-Workbench from INCASES for many years and found 
out that there are not many semiconductor companies that supply 
IBIS-models.  Even Intel which is main driver of the program, 
supports only a few components.  Most suppliers do not want to 
create IBIS  upon customers request because they do not have the 
data and need to perform expensive measurements.

Therefore I would like to have a complete list of all semiconductor 
parts that have IBIS-models.  This should include the non-public 
models as well.  Please do not send the tiny list with the 30 parts 
that are available on the bulletin.  This does not help us.

With best regards,

Roland Cuny

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
               |   Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG
               |   Roland H.G. Cuny       Tel. :  +49 (0)5251/8-20346
S i e m e n s  |   SU MR PD 152           Fax  :  +49 (0)5251/8-20349 
=============  |   Heinz Nixdorf Ring 1   EMAIL:  [email-masked]
N i x d o r f  |   D-33094 Paderborn      direct: [email-masked]
               |   Germany
------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Enjoy fast machines: No speed limit on computers, busses and autobahns

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Priority: normal
Return-Receipt-To: "Cuny,Roland,75742,M,940101,," <[email-masked]>
Subject:       QU: SPICE2IBIS, list of IBIS-models
Date:          Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:48:23 +1
To: [email-masked]
Organization:  SNI SU MR
From: "Cuny,Roland,75742,M,940101,," <[email-masked]>
e.pdb.sni.de (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id KAA04032 for <[email-masked]>; Thu
, 13 Jul 1995 10:46:12 +0200
Received: from nixpbe.pdb.sni.de ([192.109.2.33]) by vhdl.vhdl.org (4.1/SMI-4.1/
BARRNet)
     id AA28647; Thu, 13 Jul 95 01:54:50 PDT
Received: from vhdl.vhdl.org by hermes.intel.com (5.65/10.0i); Thu, 13 Jul 95 01
:50:58 -0700
Received: from hermes.intel.com by ichips.intel.com (5.64+/10.0i); Thu, 13 Jul 9
5 01:51:12 -0700
Received: from ichips.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0sWJzI-000twmC; Thu, 13 Jul 95 01:51 PDT