Subject: How to promote IBIS within your org

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 95 16:10:22 PDT

SORRY IF YOU ARE RECEIVING THIS TWICE..
>  
>  AR Syed - Post to the reflector a summary of your efforts to promote IBIS 
>  within NSC.
>  
> 

Hi IBISgurus,

One of my AR item from the last meeting was to share with the forum as
to how one can possible promote IBIS across his/her own company.

This is based on my experience with National and I am sure can be applied
to most other companies as well.

1)If your site support the Web, create an IBIS homepage. 
This will serve as a common ground for all IBIS related information that
you can tell your new user to go and browse. 

2)Next, you need to publicise the URL(Uniform Resource Locator). If you
have xvnews or other form of 'news' through E-mail, post a short description
of IBIS along with the URL. This gives different usergroups to visit the
homepage and find more info.

3)If your company publishes internal News Letters, find out how many there
are and which ones are local/international etc. Write a brief 'Intro to IBIS'
and publish. Make sure you mention the URL again.

4)If your company supports Multi-Media displays(ex. TV's with slide shows about
the Industry, Your company Event etc etc), create a few slides about IBIS and
display that thru the system for a week or two.

5)Create a set of 'An Introduction to IBIS' presentation foils and talk to
different Product lines. Most product groups have Brown Bag lunches etc..

6)If you have a central CAD group that supports all CAD/Design issues for
the corporation, get them involved..

7)Start creating your own IBIS distribution list on E-mail and always copy
everyone on the list of all interesting events about IBIS.

8)Product lines involved in simulation/SPICE..make the initial
contact with them and add those key people in your IBIS distribution list.

9)Generate training materials and send out copies. Make sure you also publish
any training material on IBIS on the Web. If you are part of a product line,
offer IBIS Model generation Training to the Test/Product/Design community..

I think I have given enough hints. It's a tough thing to do but once you get
the ball rolling...you will know.

Any questions, comments, let me know..

Best Regards,
Syed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Syed B. Huq 
Interface Applications Engineer
National Semiconductor 
Tel:(408)721-4874; Fax:(408)721-4785
Internet:[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----- End Included Message -----