Subject: Re name casing for IBIS files

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 13:35:41 -0800

I believe solution number 2 from Paul, or the following statement from
Will both reflect what I believe is the best solution:
 
> All file names should be treated as if they were all lower case,
> regardless of how they actually appear in the file system to the OS.

In other words continue the requirement that the file name be lower case
as written into the actual IBIS file.  However IBISCHK2 should convert
the input file name to all lower case.  This way if the user creates a file
on DOS and sends it to another operating system it will still work.

As far as users mixing up files like foo.ibs and FOO.ibs, the spec requires
lower case file names and the parser already enforces it.  Therefore I
believe this fixes the problem and is consistent with our current specification.

Kellee
Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 17:33:44 PST

Text item: 

Kellee,

What is being said here is that the parser should ignore the case to make it 
work regardless what the file name looks like.  That is OK in terms of getting 
the parser to run, but since it is an IBIS spec. requirement to use all lower 
case file names, the parser should at least report an error message when it 
finds a not all lower case file name.  Otherwise, it might go undetected...

I would suggest an error message, but still run and don't abort.

Arpad
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe solution number 2 from Paul, or the following statement from

Kellee

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Re name casing for IBIS files
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 13:35:41 -0800
BARRNet)
     id AA06020; Fri, 3 Mar 95 13:41:41 PST
Received: from VHDL.VHDL.ORG by hermes.intel.com (5.65/10.0i); Fri, 3 Mar 95 13:
38:26 -0800
Received: from hermes.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0rkf3L-000twoC; Fri, 3 Mar 95 13:38 PST