Subject: Parser, Case, Resolution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:40:58 -0800

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx

Greetings,

  Bob Ross and I had a long conversation today about the case sensitivity
issue with the
parser and file names.  Bob was initially against allowing upper case file
names from the
operating system to pass through the parser.  The final out come of our
conversation was
the following:

  1) The file name must remain lower case in the file itself (per the
specification).
  2) Either upper, lower or mixed upper/lower file names should be accepted
on the
     command line.
  3) If the file name from the command line is not all lower case than the
parser must
     post a WARNING (accept versions compiled for DOS).  The warning should
be state that
     the file name should be lower case.
  4) The comparision of the command line file name to the file name in the
IBIS file must
     be case INSENSITIVE.
  4) The file should be parsed and checked no matter what the case.  For
example if the
     user types in a lower case name and the file name on the system is
upper case because
     it came from a DOS enviorment the file should still be parsed.  If
there are
     multiple file names x1.ibs, X1.IBS, x1.IBS, x1.Ibs then the file name
which matches
     exactly what the user typed should be checked if present.  If not then
it is suffient
     to check only for a lower case name.

Is this acceptable to everyone?

Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.

---

From: Scott Aron Bloom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 95 13:16:58 PST

>      post a WARNING (accept versions compiled for DOS).  The warning should

Does this mean there is no warning on DOS systems??

---------
Scott 
Interconnectix, Inc