Subject: Re[3]: name casing

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 17:21:43 PST

Text item: 

WILL,

Yes, I had a problem with Windows being able to pass the arguments as upper-case
only when doing a "File-Run..." thing on a highlighted file in File Manager.

Are you suggesting with your last sentence that the parser should ignore the 
case all together?

Arpad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arpad,

I thought you had experienced a problem putting ibis_chk under Windows because 
Windows read all file names as upper case.  We wanted case insensitivity so 
regardless of how a brain-dead operating system messed with characters, the file
could still be parsed.  The spec says use lower case names so we wouldn't have 
the situation Paul describes, where two different files differ only in their 
case, making them OS-dependent.  In my opinion, all file names should be treated
as if they were all lower case, regardless of how they actually appear in the 
file system to the OS.

Will

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: name casing
Cc: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>,
        Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
To: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>,
        Ron Neville <[email-masked]>, Bob Ross <[email-masked]>
From: Paul Munsey <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 95 01:16:55 EST

 Mar 95 02:41:25 -0800
Received: from hermes.intel.com by fmmail.fm.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0rkUla-000algC; Fri, 3 Mar 95 02:39 PST

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Re: name casing
Cc: [email-masked],
        [email-masked]
To: [email-masked],
        [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 08:20:06 PST
BARRNet)
     id AA25688; Fri, 3 Mar 95 08:25:29 PST
Received: from VHDL.VHDL.ORG by aurora.intel.com (5.65/10.0i); Fri, 3 Mar 95 08:
58:38 -0800
Received: from aurora by ichips.intel.com (5.64+/10.0i); Fri, 3 Mar 95 08:59:09
-0800
Received: from ichips.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0rkah6-000twoC; Fri, 3 Mar 95 08:59 PST