Subject: Comment on Egg regarding package support with T lines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 13:02:20 -0700

Hi IBIS all,

I had an opportunity to speak with Steven Peters at the WinEDA conference.
I now understand what Steven is proposing and find that I like it.  The
way Steven explained it to me is that there are several layers of packaing
information
surrounding the die.  Each layer can be lumped components (R,L,C) or T-line,
or Matrix.
Steven will be submitting an updated egg with a couple of changes we talked
about.

The changes that we discussed are as follows:
 1) Provide a mechanism to extend information from one line to the next.
 2) To differentiate the 3 types of layers as above:
    a) Each layer's data is separated by a comma.
    b) Each layer can have L,R,C or Matrix, not both.
    c) If a layer has a length than it is a T-line instead of lumped elements.
    d) The L,R,C have units of length that is the same as the length
       specifier if the lenght  specifier is present.
    e) The word Matrix is used between the comma's on the pin line to indicate
       that a matrix is to be used for that layer

Steven agreed to re-issue the Egg with these changes.

I believe this is very consistant with the method we have been using already
and I am therefore very much in favor of the concept.

Kellee Crisafulli

Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.