Subject: The specifications of IBIS

From: [email-masked] (Maojet Technology Corp.)
Date: Fri, 19 May 95 20:01:01 CST

We like to study the format of IBIS to create model for signal integrity
tools. Could you plese send whole set of IBIS document to us by email ?

Best Regards,

Ted Tsai
Maojet Technology Corp.
Tel: 886-2-567-7643
Fax: 886-2-561-0756
Email: [email-masked]   
  Ted Tsai
  Maojet Tech Corp.
  Tel : 886-2-5677643
  Fax : 886-2-5610756

---

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 95 13:37:00 PDT

Text item: 

>We like to study the format of IBIS to create model for signal integrity tools.
>Could you plese send whole set of IBIS document to us by email ?

            I/O Buffer Information Specification (IBIS) Open Forum
         Electronic Industry Association/Electronic Information Group

                     An Introduction (as of 4/95)

Thank you for your interest in IBIS.  There is an IBIS overview (~22 pages
long, with waveforms, etc.) that discusses IBIS in detail.  It is available
electronically over Internet, as described below.  If you cannot access the
information over the Internet, send me your mail (physical mail, not e-mail)
address, and I will send you hardcopy of the Overview.  It also contains the
IBIS specification V1.1 and a partial list of simulation vendors that support
the standard.

You can also send your email address to [email-masked] (198.31.14.3) to
get on the IBIS reflector, which is a mail group used by the IBIS Open Forum
for exchange of ideas and data.  The vhdl.org file server also contains
information you may find interesting.  You can FTP anonymous to vhdl.org to
access files.

Access mechanisms (both Internet or dial-up via 408-945-4170)

Access Mechanism        Account (login) name    Password
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Telnet / Dial-up        Guest                   Your email address
FTP                     Anonymous               Your email address
Gopher                  (none)                  (not applicable)
Email                   [email-masked]        (not applicable)

In all cases, the password is optional. Just hit <enter> (return, etc.) at the
password prompt, if desired.  Look in /pub/ibis/ for IBIS files.  A partial
directory listing is attached below.

The IBIS Open Forum meets once every 3 weeks (Friday's, 8-10am Pacific time)
via a conference call.  Send email to [email-masked] and ask for
instructions (you can also request to be added to the IBIS reflector.  The
reflector averages about 10 messages per week.)  All meetings and material is
open freely to anyone except the source code for the Golden Parser (fee
involved).

To become a voting member of the forum, send $500 annual dues to:
  EIA/Electronic Information Group
  c/o Patti Rusher
  2500 Wilson Blvd.
  Arlington, VA 22201
  (703) 907-7545  Fax: (703) 907-7501
  Email: [email-masked]

The source code to the Golden Parser is available for $500 (or $250 for voting
members).  Send requests for the parser to Patti Rusher at the EIA.

IBIS 2.1, passed at DAC in June, 1994 and further refined and finalized in
December `94, has added a number of capabilities that increase both IBIS
model's accuracy and the number of devices that can be modeled by IBIS.  For
example, ECL, dual-supply buffers, differential I/O devices, and controlled
rise-time buffers can now be handled.  Much more complete package descriptions,
better support for open-side devices (open drain, etc.), and terminators are
now supported.  It also enables a reference waveform to be included with the
model file, allowing customers to judge whether their simulator is capable of
producing the correct results.

We also have completed our 2.1 version of the "Golden Parser" that checks
syntax and creates data structures from model data that simulators can use.

Several IC vendors have already prepared IBIS 2.1 models, and some of the
simulator vendors are beta testing and expect to begin announcing products
supporting 2.1.

In February we formalized our relationship with EIA, a standards body, and are
moving towards formal balloting of IBIS as a recognized international standard.

-------------------------- ATTACHEMENT (VHDL.ORG) ----------------------------

IBIS Directory Contents:
pub/ibis/

birds/              Buffer Issue Resolution Document's (BIRD's)
documents/          Overview, cookbook, EIA charter,
                    and other IBIS documents
email.archive       1995 discussions on the IBIS reflector
email93/            1993 reflector discussion archive
email94/            1994 reflector discussion archive
minutes             copies of meeting minutes
models/             IBIS models available
pressrel.dir/       IBIS Press Releases directory
roster.txt          Roster of IBIS Open Forum Participants
s2ibis/             SPICE to IBIS converter (from N.C.State)
summit93/           Nov 1993 IBIS Summit
ver1.0/             IBIS specification Version 1.0 directory
ver1.1/             IBIS specification Version 1.1 directory
ver2.0/             IBIS specification Version 2.0 directory
ver2.1/             IBIS specification Version 2.1 directory

Contents: pub/ibis/ver2.1/

ver2_1.txt          IBIS version 2.1 specification (ASCII)
ver2_1.wfw          IBIS version 2.1 (Word for Windows 6.0)

(pub/ibis/ver1.1/exec/ contains executable versions of the Ver 1.1 
Golden Parser.)

Contents: pub/ibis/docs/

cookbk.wfw          IBIS cookbook (Microsoft WORD 2.0)
cookbk.txt          IBIS cookbook (ASCII text file)
cookbk.rtf          IBIS cookbook (Rich Text Format)
overview.wfw        Overview document (Microsoft WORD 2.0)
overview.ps         Overview document (Postscript Print File)
overview.rtf        Overview document (Rich Text Format)
overview.z          Overview document (UNIX Z compressed RTF)
eia_org.txt         Charter for converting the Open Forum to
                    become a part of the Electronic Industry Ass.
ibispost.cgm        IBIS poster

Contents: pub/ibis/models/

This directory is provided by VHDL International as a free service for
IBIS users.  All the files within this directory are provided as is. The user
assumes all responsibility for using these files.

DISCLAIM.TXT            Disclaimer text
PROTOCOL.TXT            Instructions for posting IBIS files
intel/                  Intel's directory of IBIS models
national/               National Semiconductor Corp's IBIS models

Contents: pub/ibis/models/intel/

Intel Corporation IBIS Files on vhdl.org as of 2/15/95

Part/File    vhdl.org   alpha  rev.      rev.   IBIS
name         Directory  name   date      level  ver.  Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
82425ex.ibs  chipset    PSC    06-17-94  R0.93  V1.1  Aries chipset
82426ex.ibs  chipset    IB     06-17-94  R0.93  V1.1  Aries chipset

82374eb.ibs  chipset    ESC    05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  PCI-EISA Bridge
82374sb.ibs  chipset    ESC    06-17-94  R0.93  V1.1  PCI-EISA Bridge
82375eb.ibs  chipset    PCEB   05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  PCI-EISA Bridge
82375sb.ibs  chipset    PCEB   06-17-94  R0.93  V1.1  PCI-EISA Bridge

82378ib.ibs  chipset    SIO    05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  PCI-ISA Bridge
82378zb.ibs  chipset    SIOZ   06-17-94  R0.93  V1.1  PCI-ISA Bridge

82433lx.ibs  chipset    LBX    05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  Mercury chipset
82434lx.ibs  chipset    PCMC   05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  Mercury chipset

82433nx.ibs  chipset    LBX    06-17-94  R0.94  V1.1  Neptune chipset
82434nx.ibs  chipset    PCMC   06-17-94  R0.94  V1.1  Neptune chipset

82423tx.ibs  chipset    DPU    05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  Saturn chipset
82424zx.ibs  chipset    CDC    05-13-94  R2.11  V1.1  Saturn chipset

dx4pga.ibs   cpu        DX4    05-04-94  R2.0   V1.1  IntelDX4(TM) uP

pp66sem.ibs  pentium    PP66   10-16-94  R3.0   V1.1  66MHz Pentium*
pp100sem.ibs pentium    PP100  10-15-94  R3.0   V1.1  100MHz Pentium*

* Translated from an Intel Simplified Electrical Model.

Contents: pub/ibis/models/national/

National Semiconductor Corporation - Advanced Systems & Interface Product Group
                IBIS Files on vhdl.org as of 4/13/95

Part/File    vhdl.org   rev.     rev.   IBIS
name         Directory  date     level  ver.  Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ds26c31.ibs  interface  2/09/95   1.0  2.1  RS-422 Quad Diff Line Drvr
ds26c32.ibs  interface  2/09/95   1.0  2.1  RS-422 Quad Diff Line Recvr

lct2524m.ibs cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Drvr
lct2524n.ibs cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Drvr
ct2524m.ibs  cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Drvr
ct2524n.ibs  cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Drvr
c2525m.ibs   cgs        04-05-85  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (CMOS)
c2525n.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (CMOS)
ct2525m.ibs  cgs        04-05-85  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (TTL Compa)
ct2525n.ibs  cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (TTL Compa)
b2525m.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (Bipolar)
b2525n.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (Bipolar)
c2526m.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (CMOS)
c2526n.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (CMOS)
ct2526m.ibs  cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (TTL Compa)
ct2526n.ibs  cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (TTL Compa)
ct2527v.ibs  cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (TTL Compa)
b2528m.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (Bipolar)
b2528n.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (Bipolar)
b2528v.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (Bipolar)
b2529v.ibs   cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  1to8 Min. Skew Clk Drvr (Bipolar)
2534v.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Quad Mem Array Clk Drvr (Commercial)
2535v.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Quad Mem Array Clk Drvr (Industrial)
2536v.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Quad Mem Array Clk Drvr (Industrial)
b303m.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b303n.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b303v.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b304m.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b304n.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b304v.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b305m.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b305n.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
b305v.ibs    cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Drvr
701v.ibs     cgs        04-05-95  1.0  1.1  Low Skew PLL 1to8 CMOS Clk Drvr

Part/File    vhdl.org   rev.     rev.    IBIS
name         Directory  date     level   ver.            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ds26c31.ibs  interface  2/09/95   R1.0   V2.1  RS-422 Quad Diff Line Driver
ds26c32.ibs  interface  2/09/95   R1.0   V2.1  RS-422 Quad Diff Line Receiver

lct2524m.ibs cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Driver
lct2524n.ibs cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Driver
ct2524m.ibs  cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Driver
ct2524n.ibs  cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 4 Min. Skew 3V Clk Driver
c2525m.ibs   cgs  04-05-85  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (CMOS)
c2525n.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (CMOS)
ct2525m.ibs  cgs  04-05-85  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (TTL Compa)
ct2525n.ibs  cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (TTL Compa)
b2525m.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (Bipolar)
b2525n.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (Bipolar)
c2526m.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (CMOS)
c2526n.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (CMOS)
ct2526m.ibs  cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (TTL Compa)
ct2526n.ibs  cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (TTL Compa)
ct2527v.ibs  cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (TTL Compa)
b2528m.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (Bipolar)
b2528n.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (Bipolar)
b2528v.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (Bipolar)
b2529v.ibs   cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   1 to 8 Min. Skew Clk Driver (Bipolar)
2534v.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Quad Mem Array Clk Driver (Commercial)
2535v.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Quad Mem Array Clk Driver (Industrial)
2536v.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Quad Mem Array Clk Driver (Industrial)
b303m.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b303n.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b303v.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b304m.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b304n.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b304v.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b305m.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b305n.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
b305v.ibs    cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Octal Div-by-2 Skew Clk Driver
701v.ibs     cgs  04-05-95  1.0  1.1   Low Skew PLL 1to8 CMOS Clk Driver

 Derrick Duehren
 IBIS Open Forum Secretary (a volunteer position)
 Phone (503) 264-4299, Fax (503) 264-4904
 [email-masked]
 2111 NE 25th, JF1-97, Hillsboro, OR 97224

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: The specifications of IBIS
Author:  [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
Date:    5/19/95 8:01 PM

Best Regards,
 
Ted Tsai
Maojet Technology Corp.
Tel: 886-2-567-7643
Fax: 886-2-561-0756
  
  Ted Tsai
  Maojet Tech Corp.
  Tel : 886-2-5677643
  Fax : 886-2-5610756

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: The specifications of IBIS
From: [email-masked] (Maojet Technology Corp.)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 95 20:01:01 CST
:13:23 -0700
Received: from hermes.intel.com by relay.jf.intel.com with smtp
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0sCQvm-000twVC; Fri, 19 May 95 05:13 PDT

---

From: [email-masked] (mehmet cirit)
Date: Fri, 19 May 95 20:37:56 PDT

Is it possible to include postscript version of all documents along with
.wfw versions. PostScript is more portable. It is easier to read the
formatted versions, if you don't want to use MS-word, or don't have it.

********  SolutionWare(TM) for ASIC Library Development  ********
Dr. Mehmet A. Cirit                          Phone: (408) 741-1214
Director, Advanced Development               Fax  : (408) 741-1214
Library Technologies, Inc.                   Email: [email-masked]
18837 Casa Blanca Lane
Saratoga, CA 95070

---

From: Derrick Duehren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 95 12:08:00 PDT

cookbk.prn         IBIS cookbook (Postscript Print File)
 
 overview.prn       Overview document (Postscript Print File)
 
 posted to vhdl.org   \pub\ibis\documents.

 Derrick Duehren

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: The specifications of IBIS
Author:  [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
Date:    5/19/95 8:37 PM