Subject: Transmission Line Package Proposal

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 18:14:27 -0700

Hello Fellow IBISians:

     First, thanks to eveyone for your comments.  I will be issuing a
bird soon, but I wanted to add my thoughts on the discussion so far.

     I agree with Fred that SIMs or MCM modules ideally should be able to
be treated as just another component for board level simulation.  The real
crux of the problem (as Arpad so artfully pointed out) is that 
simulator vendors must be able to seamlessly integrate multipule
board topologies/netlists together into one simulation netlist.  I am
not opposed to IBIS being used as the vehical for solving the
information transfer (MCM/SIM routing) part of this problem -- it's just
that my proposal (as I have pointed out) set out to solve a different 
problem, mainly that of describing DIP/QFP/PGA packages with long stubs.  
I do belive we can (and should) consider the current EGG seperately from 
the issue of being able to describe SIM and MCM board routing.
'Nuff said.

          Best Regards,
          Stephen Peters
          Intel Corp.