Subject: keyword order

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 95 15:59:00 PDT

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled on an error message generated by the 2.1 beta parser
when I put the keyword [Manufacturer] after the [Source] (and other) 
keywords in an IBIS file I just made.

However, if I put it after the keyword [Component], it will pass with 
flying colors.

As far as I understand, there are no ordering requirements for keywords. 
If this is true, the parser should be fixed.  Am I wrong?

Arpad

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Mon, 8 May 95 18:27 PDT

Arpad:

I believe the parser is operating correctly.  The description states: 
"Clarifies the component's manufacturer." which means that [Manufacturer]
is associated with the [Component] above and is required for every
[Component] keyword.  Also, IBIS_CHK for Version 1.1 produces the same
error message.  While typically [Manufacturer] is put following each
[Component], it could also be positioned further down in the "component"
section after the [Package] subparameters or after the [Pin] numbers 
portion.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.