Subject: Pkg Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 95 17:35:00 -0700

Hi

I have been following Stephen's proposed package model enhancment to IBIS.
I support it in theory, however let's make sure that we either:

   1.  just use the Spice model equivalent
or 2.  make sure the model can be easily mapped into a simulator

I would prefer the non-Spice approach as long as each line element is
uniquely specified.  In Stephen's case, you could easily map the
bond wire, trace, and pin into distinct models in any system, but
without any coupling.  The PCB approach would give you a more exact
representation to provide additional TL information and coupling, but
I wonder if this is overkill.

Could we generate a few examples in order to determine how well the
proposed addition works?  If we make an enhancement, I would prefer
that it be long lasting rather than be the third in a sequence of
many interations.

Regards,

Karl Kachigan
HP EEsof