Subject: I/O switching current?

From: "Jin Man Han" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Nov 1996 01:38:05 -0000

Hi, I hope somebody can answer this question.
Doesn't IBIS have to specify I/O switching current?
I think this information is crucial in estimating
real situation 'cause given similar I/V characteristics and
rise/fall time, I/O switching current can be significantly
different.
Min/max I/O switching current should be specified in IBIS,
I think.
Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------
Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:37:03 -0800

Jin Man,

If you use the VT curves in the IBIS 2.1 model, it does specify
switching current. It just does it in a behavioral fashion using voltage
versus time into different loads. If the loads are properly chosen for
the target technology it is possible to simulate SSO and other current
switching effects.

Jon Powell
Quad Design