Subject: Error Msg of Golden Parser

From: Geetha R <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 11:17:24 -0600

Hello Ibisians,
               While running the Golden Parser (ibischk2) on some of
my .ibs files, it gives an error message.

> ERROR - Unable to assemble filename

I found that this error occurs only when the pathname to the final
ibis file is long.

Error occurs if : ibischk2 <absolute path>/<.ibs file>
No Error if: ibischk2 <.ibs file>

Is there  a constraint in  the Golden Parser  on how big  the absolute
pathname of the input ibis file can be ?

Sorry for the trouble  if this has already  been clarified earlier  in
the forum.

Any help will be appreciated.

* Best Regards,                  email: [email-masked]    * 
* Geetha Rangarajan,             msgid: GR3 (for TI only)      *
* Software Design Engineer,      phone: 5269451 extn: 163      * 
* EDA Systems Organisation,                                    *
* TII, Bangalore                                               *
****************************************************************

---

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 14:47:48 -0800

Hi Greetha,

>pathname of the input ibis file can be ?

  I believe there is.  I encorporated the ibischk2 code into our Visual
IBIS Editor and as I recall I did have to make the path length string
large when I ported it to windows.

If it is of use; the Visual IBIS Editor is available free on the net at
 www.hyperlynx.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------