Subject: Re: naming in IBIS models

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 14:01:03 -0800

Hi Mike,

At 04:10 PM 11/22/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Why is not having the same file
>name as that in the file classified as an error rather than a warning?
>Even if the file has the right name and you access it through a full
>path name you get the error.
>Mike
>

One reason I have heard a few times is that a few companies that are
constructing models want insurance that the names are not changed so
they have more control over naming their own models.

On the other hand I don't know that many simulator companies have
enforced this requirement in their IBIS reader.  The HyperLynx simulation
tools don't care what the name is.  On the other hand our Visual
IBIS editor uses the "standard" IBIS parser code and it does report this
as an error if the syntax checker is run.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------