Subject: Re: Re[3]: Rising Waveform Loading Effects: smart simulator

From: [email-masked] (Dileep Divekar)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 12:26:43 +0800

Arpad Muranyi wrote about the simulator being smart enough
to fit an equation to the given data. The point I am trying
to make is that sufficient data need to be provided. For
example, a straight line is the simplest curve in two dimensions.
The equation of a straight line has two unknowns. Therefore,
at least two data points or two pieces of information are needed.
There are infinite ways of drawing a straight line thru a single
point. There is no unique way of defining a straight line in this
case no matter how smart the fitting method is. Thus, given only
one V-t waveform, it is not possible to predict many V-t waveforms
for all possible loading conditions.
------------------------------------------------------------
Dileep Divekar
Applied Simulation Technology, Inc.
2188 Bering Drive
San Jose, CA 95131

Phone - (408)-434-0967 x 100
Fax   - (408)-434-1003
Email - [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 16:33:46 -0800

> for all possible loading conditions.

At Quad Design we use two VT waveforms. For standard CMOS this means one
to 5V and one to 0V (it is different for TTL and ECL). We have discussed
the fact that this sort of information needs to be put in a cook book
but I guess we are all busy feeding our families.

regards,
jon