Subject: Request for contact

From: [email-masked] (Chris Rowen)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:02:22 -0800

IBIS community:

I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself, to to make contact
on behalf of the steering working group of VSIA, the Virtual Socket
Interface Alliance.  The alliance is driving industry visibility and
standards for mix-and-match of macro blocks (virtual components)
for system-on-a-chip design.  I am the VP of engineering for Synopsys's
Design Reuse Group, Synopsys's representative to VSIA and chair of
the subcommittee on working groups.  Part of the charter of this
committee is to identify which are the technical areas of greatest
concern and importance to the design community in promoting the
flow of  "intellectual property blocks" inside and among companies.

To that end, I want to make contact with the IBIS participants and
understand how I/O buffers may play a role in macro block interchange.
I am eager to hear back with thoughts, suggestions or proposals
on the relevance of I/O buffers to interchange, the state of the
IBIS effort, and suggestions about how IBIS might interact with
VSIA, if there are areas of common interest.

Chris

Chris Rowen
crowen@synopsys
VP Engineering, Design Reuse Group
Synopsys, Inc.
700 East Middlefield Road
Mountain View, CA 94043-4033
tel  (415) 943 5264
fax (415) 943 5010
pager (415) 317 1105
mobile (408) 334 0361

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 96 16:59 PDT

Chris:

On behalf of the IBIS community, I am willing to pursue further
discussion.  Furthermore, I can provide you with any information
you need concerning our actives and concerning the technical
details.  If you have not already done so, you can also get
information on our official home page

   http://eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm

I am not familiar with your committee's activities, so I
cannot relate exactly how we may fit in.  Briefly, we 
have standardized the electrical chararcterization of
and I/O block to include parameters useful for electrical
analog simulation.  Our format is human-readable text.
While it could be configured as an "intellectual property"
block, that is not within the domain of the commitee's
activities.

Let us establish direct contact to pursue further discussions.
I need to learn more of VSIA.  Anyone else who is interested
in this subject is encouraged to contact Chris.

Best Regards,
Bob Ross
IBIS Open Forum Chair
Phone (503) 603-2523, Fax (503) 639-3469
[email-masked]
Interconnectix, Inc., 10220 S.W. Nimbus Ave., K4, Portland, OR 97223

> Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:02:22 -0800
> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Chris Rowen)
> Subject: Request for contact
> Status: RO