Subject: Spice to IBIS Conversion with newtryme files

From: "Boeckmann, Ed (Edward F)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 13:23:00 -0500

Hello!

Has anyone out there had this problem with the example files for spice
to IBIS conversion:

When running s2ibis2.sparc with the newtryme.sp and newtryme.s2i files I
get two error messages as follows:

"Spice run (TYP) aborted.  See file ddt8.msg for information.  Curve
pulldown (output disabled) not generated."

(the file ddt8.msg has only the cryptic message: "^G>error  ***hspice
aborted*** )

"Error in analysis for pin 8."

There is no message file for the pin 8 error.

Otherwise the run produces a normal looking IBIS file with no indication
of errors. (Deceptively normal looking?).

The command file newtryme.s2i looks a little strange to me in the pin
description area with lines like:

	-> 8   and -> 4

But if I remove what looks like garbage in the file, the run results do
not improve or get worse.

I will appreciate any explanations someone might have.

Thanks,

Ed Boeckmann
Intergraph Corp.
Huntsville, Al 35894
Mail Stop CR1100
tel. (205)-730-6219
fax.(205)-730-6000
email [email-masked]