Subject: Low and high output level

From: Real Mongrain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:34:36 -0400

Hi,

  I just started to do some simulations (with SigNoise) using a manufacturer's
model. My design is very simple : a driver connected to 3 receivers (the part is
an ABT buffer). I noticed that the signal reach a perfect 5v for the rising
waveform and reach a perfect 0v for the falling waveform. This Ibis model came
from a convertion (s2ibis). Is it because the internal input of the output buffer
has been set to 0 and vcc during the convertion (in the header file). 

  No real part will switch to a completly on(vcc) or completly off(0v) state, so
the shouldn't switch to these levels. How can i deal with that? For those who
already make simulations, have you ever meet this situation? 

Thanks,
Real Mongrain Jr.

---

From: Arpad Muranyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 11:00:00 PST

Text item: 

Real,

I must disagree with your statement that real parts will not switch to Vcc or 
GND.  In the CMOS world all it takes is time.  Given enough time, the capacitive
inputs will be fully charged or discharged, i.e. the voltage will be Vcc or GND.

You are right if you are talking about bipolar devices, since there is some 
amount of current flowing, which will load the output of the driver.

So, before going on, you must answer two questions:  Are you simulating with 
CMOS models, and how long did you run your simulation?

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
============================================================================

Hi,

  I just started to do some simulations (with SigNoise) using a manufacturer's
model. My design is very simple : a driver connected to 3 receivers
(the part is
an ABT buffer). I noticed that the signal reach a perfect 5v for the rising
waveform and reach a perfect 0v for the falling waveform. This Ibis model came
from a convertion (s2ibis). Is it because the internal input of the
output buffer
has been set to 0 and vcc during the convertion (in the header file).

  No real part will switch to a completly on(vcc) or completly off(0v)
state, so
the shouldn't switch to these levels. How can i deal with that? For those who
already make simulations, have you ever meet this situation?

Thanks,
Real Mongrain Jr.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: Low and high output level
To: [email-masked]
From: Real Mongrain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:34:36 -0400
.3) with SMTP id OAA21033 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:51:02 -0800 (
PST)
Received: from vhdl.vhdl.org (vhdl.vhdl.org [198.31.14.3]) by mailbag.jf.intel.c
om (8.7.6/8.7.3) with ESMTP id OAA02275; Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:51:03 -0800 (PST)
Received: from mailbag.jf.intel.com ([email-masked] [134.134.248.4])
by relay.jf.intel.com (8.7.4/8.7.3) with ESMTP id OAA25873; Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:
48:29 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: [email-masked]