Subject: Bird38

From: FITZPATRICK John <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 17:33:54 +0200

Hello all,

Since proposing bird 38, I have received little comment. As I was not
able to attend the last two meetings, this is probably my fault.

This bird is closely associated with egg12 i.e. it is a 
specification addition.

Bird38 is basically a way to specify under- and overshoot limits.

A simplification of this bird would be to just give two numbers,
max_undershoot and max_overshoot. This is what a lot of simulators
do, and there is a place to stick these numbers into a RAIL file.

But in this case, over what time span is the over/undershoot allowed
to be present. I have read through the RAIL doc, but cannot  find an
answer to this question.

What do people out there understand by over/undershoot limits, as
used in present simulators?

All feedback appreciated.
 
Cheers,
John

-- 
John Fitzpatrick   <[email-masked]>    
Alcatel CIT, 4 rue de Broglie, 22304 Lannion, France
Tel: (+33)96.04.79.33  Fax: (+33)96.04.85.09

---

From: Mike Ventham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 21:59:09 +0100

> All feedback appreciated.
Our simulator will look at high and low overshoots as well as high and
low reflections, settling time and steady state values.
We don't look for a specific time span, as the wave forms are also
available for viewing and measurement.

Regards

Mike
-- 
+======================================================================+
| Mike Ventham - Vice President Engineering, Quantic Laboratories Inc, |
| 12th Floor, 191 Lombard Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3B 0X1      |
| Tel: (204) 942 4000 Fax: (204) 957 1158 Email: [email-masked] |
| Brookside House, The Street, Chilcompton, Bath, Avon, England BA3 4HB|
| Tel: (0) 1761 232191 Fax: Same      Email: [email-masked]    |
+======================================================================+