Subject: lies wrt clamp currents

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 12:08:32 -0700

To IBIS and D.C. Sessions

>SO -- since we're engaging in fiction anyway it may as well
>be a PLEASANT fiction.  What lies can we tell that will best
>suit simulator convergence algorithms?  Presumably simulators
>start out with the Thevenin voltages on the line and converge
>to actual terminator currents; the shape of the clamp V/I
>curve would affect convergence time.

>How do we optimize this process outside of realistic operating
>ranges?

We have had this topic opened for debate at least 100 times.  It
really isn't that hard to extrapolate.  Just pick what you think
is the largest reasonable values and use them at 2Vdd and -Vdd.
You don't need to fill in any of the data between what you believe
the last reasonable point and 2Vdd or -Vdd.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------