Subject: IBIS Summit Call for Presentation - Jan20th 1997

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 96 11:14:12 PST

IBIS fans,

			IBIS Summit Call for Presentation
				Jan20th 1997
			      Santa Clara, CA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ANSI/EIA-656 IBIS Committee will have a summit meeting on Monday Jan20th
1997. The meeting will be hosted by National Semiconductor and details of 
place,time,directions etc will be provided on a seperate E-mail.

This is an open meeting to share information, discuss technical challenges,
future directions of IBIS etc. 

We would like the summit to address experiences, success stories, technical
challenges etc from the Users, Model providers, EDA vendors and any interested
groups.

So, here is the call for presentation. We would like to keep the format similar
to the last year's meeting. Meaning, each speaker will get 15 to 20 minutes
to present. You do not have to be a member to attend the meeting.

Some ideas for topics:

* What your company is doing with IBIS
* Where you think we need to go with IBIS version 3.0
* New technologies/areas you've tacked with IBIS(RFI,EMC MCM etc)
* Customer inputs/feedback
* Areas of current exploration(eg. Connector modeling etc)
* Model development/validation techniques
* Model usage, wishes, shortcomings
* Modeling methods(Simulation vs Data derivations)
* SPICE vs IBIS questions
* Are EDA tools 'IBIS certified', will I get various results based on which
  tools I use ?
* Modeling issues on a complex device(eg. feedback etc)

Pls forward your presentation ideas and the amount of time you will need to
either
	Bob Ross([email-masked])		Interconnectix
	Syed Huq([email-masked])	National Semiconductor Corp
	Jon Powell([email-masked])		Quad Design

We will put an agenda together based on topics to be covered and the number
of papers to be presented.

Pls send your paper ideas by DEC20th(!). We would like to receive them before
the Holidays begin.

Also note that, a hardcopy/softcopy of all presentation materials MUST be
send to me by Jan6th(!). This will allow National to make 45 sets of copies
each to be distributed on meeting day. If you fail to send your paper by
Jan6th, then pls carry 45 copies of your presentation along with you.

Your active participation can make this summit very successful. We were
very pleased with last years participation and I am sure 1997 will be a 
great summit too.

Best Regards,
Syed Huq
Vice-Chair ANSI/EIA-656 
National Semiconductor Corp.