Subject: Programable slew outputs

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 17:27:29 -0800

Hi Scott, Syed, IBIS
>> Would it be better to actually make a main IBIS file that contains all
>> of the I/Os in condition (1),  with 2 extra IBIS files that contain only 
>> one pin in them each for conditions (2) and (3)?  Or, perhaps only make 
>> one IBIS file with all of the pins configured in condition (1) and 
>> commented out sections for conditions (2) and (3).  Or, even another
>> possibility of dividing the I/Os into 3 equal sections, one for each 
>> configuration?  All comments/suggestions welcome, and please forgive me
>> if this has been discussed already.  Thanks,
>
If the device has many (more than 2) options than I like one file with
several options commented out, the default option being
the most commonly used. 

If the device has only 2 options (e.g. slow/fast) than 2 separate IBIS files
might be a reasonable choice.

 The comment field should explain what's going on to the user.

It is also important that the default choice at least work and not be dead
or unreasonable.  Some of the IBIS models we have seen have the default
be something that prevents the model from being used or is designed to alert
the customer that it is dead.  It is my experience that this simply
frustrates the
customers into thinking the model is completely broken.  It is better to
have them
come back after they see reasonable working results and question how to
change it.

Kellee, HyperLynx.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------