Subject: Presentation of IBIS data

From: Brian Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 96 18:14 MST

Ibisians,

I am trying to determine the best way to present IBIS data
in our qualification documents so that it is not just a 
boring ASCII file. I was looking at the old IBIS information
sheet that was presented in the Overview document and was 
wondering if it is worthwhile to present the Voh vs. Ioh data
with Voh relative to ground instead of relative to Vcc. I noticed
that that was the way it was presented in the Overview document. Any
comments on using this method of presenting the data?

Thanks,
Brian Johnson
Micron Technology

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 96 18:10 PST

Brian

While the data could be graphed exactly as presented in the IBIS file
for one-to-one correspondence, I would favor a more familar format
that you suggest which appears in most data books.  Present the Voh vs. Ioh
data with respect to ground and with the voltage polarities that you would
measure externally.  In that way 3.3V and 5V technology differences are
visually distinguishable.

This approach would also apply to IBIS formats of ECL technologies.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.

> To: [email-masked]
> From: Brian Johnson <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Presentation of IBIS data
> Status: R