Subject: Final call for presentations

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 96 18:39:00 PST

Hello, IBIS-folk!

Two weeks ago, I issued a call for presentations. Events conspired against me in
two ways: I listed the wrong address for my e-mail, and subsequently the 
reflector went down for a week. So, I am re-posting. We do have a number of 
folks who have committed to present, but I don't want anyone to be excluded by 
Murphy.

On Monday, January 29, 1996, there will be a general session (Summit) of the 
IBIS Open Forum, a.k.a. EIA IBIS Committee.  This is an open meeting for anyone 
with an interest in the IBIS standard, ANSI EIA-656, to meet and share 
information, move the technology forward and define future goals. The primary 
focus of this meeting will be technical, rather than administrative. This 
meeting will be hosted by National Semiconductor in Santa Clara, with the 
details of time and place to be issued soon.

In the summit, we plan to address experiences, technical challenges, success 
stories, current efforts, etc., among three major groups of IBIS participants:

- Users, model consumers, signal integrity engineers
- IC vendors
- EDA vendors

To make this summit a success, we need people to make presentations, which can 
be from 20 to 30 minutes in length. Possible topics for individual presentations
include the following:

* What your company is doing with IBIS, how it is tackling IBIS challenges
* Where you think we need to go with IBIS for Version 3.0
* New technologies/areas you've tackled with IBIS (MCM, connectors,
  RFI/EMC, ...)
* Customer input, feedback
* Plans you would be willing to share
* Areas of current exploration (e.g., improved diode modeling, complex packages)
* Model development, validation methodologies * Model usage, shortcomings, 
  strengths, wishes
* Data derivation methodologies (measured and/or simulated) * Auto-extraction of
  V/I and other IBIS data from SPICE simulations, silicon
* Models available
* Other (Specify) ___________________

- Can you volunteer to present at the summit? - On what topic?
- How much time do you need?

We will also discuss pending Birds, and try to refine or resolve them, and 
generally have a good time.

Please reply to Will Hobbs, [email-masked]

I will be working with Syed Huq of National Semiconductor and Bob Ross of 
Interconnectix on an agenda based on responses I receive from this call for 
presentations. Help make the January, 1996 IBIS Summit the most successful one 
to date!

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Will Hobbs
Chairman, EIA IBIS Committee, and
Server Component System Validation Manager
Intel Corp.