Subject: IBIS Summit Call for Presentations

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 96 18:12:00 PST

Greetings, fellow Ibisers!

This is a call for presentations at the upcoming IBIS Summit.

On Monday, January 29, 1996, there will be a general session (Summit)
of the IBIS Open Forum, a.k.a. EIA IBIS Committee.  This is an open 
meeting for anyone with an interest in the IBIS standard, ANSI EIA-656, 
to meet and share information, move the technology forward and define 
future goals. The primary focus of this meeting will be technical, 
rather than administrative. This meeting will be hosted by National 
Semiconductor in Santa Clara, with the details of time and place to be 
issued soon.

In the summit, we plan to address experiences, technical challenges,
success stories, current efforts, etc., among three major groups of IBIS
participants:

- Users, model consumers, signal integrity engineers
- IC vendors
- EDA vendors

To make this summit a success, we need people to make presentations, 
which can be from 20 to 30 minutes in length. Possible topics for 
individual presentations include the following:

     * What your company is doing with IBIS, how it is tackling IBIS 
       challenges
     * Where you think we need to go with IBIS for Version 3.0
     * New technologies/areas you've tackled with IBIS (MCM, connectors,
       RFI/EMC, ...)
     * Customer input, feedback
     * Plans you would be willing to share
     * Areas of current exploration (e.g., improved diode modeling,
       complex packages)
     * Model development, validation methodologies
     * Model usage, shortcomings, strengths, wishes
     * Data derivation methodologies (measured and/or simulated)
     * Auto-extraction of V/I and other IBIS data from SPICE 
       simulations, silicon
     * Models available
     * Other (Specify) ___________________

- Can you volunteer to present at the summit?
- On what topic?
- How much time do you need?

We will also discuss pending Birds, and try to refine or resolve them, 
and generally have a good time.

Please reply to Will Hobbs, [email-masked] before Friday, 
1/12/96.

I will be working with Syed Huq of National Semiconductor and Bob Ross 
of Interconnectix on an agenda based on responses I receive from this 
call for presentations. Help make the January, 1996 IBIS Summit the most 
successful one to date!

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Will Hobbs
Chairman, EIA IBIS Committee, and
Server Component System Validation Manager
Intel Corp.