Subject: IBIS Open Forum Summit Meeting Agenda

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 96 17:56:00 PST

Happy IBIS-campers,

Here is the agenda for the upcoming Summit. There may be some minor last 
minute changes as we approach the actual date, but this should be a good 
guide to the day's events.  I look forward to seeing the "old-timers" 
again, and meeting many of you for the first time. This should be an 
excellent meeting, representing a good cross-section of users and producers 
of models and simulators, and a good cross-section of technical topics. 
There is much more that could be presented in such a session, and we will 
undoubtedly wish we had more time. But I don't think anyone will be 
disappointed with the time they spend at this session.

For those who are attending, please send an RSVP to Syed Huq 
([email-masked]) so he has an idea of how many people will be attending 
so he can order appropriate amounts of food. If for some reason you don't 
RSVP, however (like last minute plans changing) and want to come, please 
join us anyway.

For those who are presenting, bring a clean copy of your presentation to 
give to Syed at the beginning of the session so he can have copies made. 
Or, bring lots of extra copies so participants can take copies home with 
them.

Please arrive promptly, as we have a very full schedule.

See you in San Jose!

Will Hobbs
Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum and
Server Component SV Manager
Intel Corp.

==========================================================================

                  IBIS Open Forum Summit Meeting Agenda
                    (Hosted by National Semiconductor)
                               1/29/96
                           8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
                Westin Hotel, Lafayette & San Thomas Rooms
                5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA
                          Phone: (408)986-0700

8:00 Check-in, Intros, Announcements                        Hobbs
      - Introductions
      - Miscellany/announcements, minutes review
      - Dinner reservations (Sticks Restaurant at Westin Hotel)
      - Opens for additional topics

8:20 Administrative Stuff
      - Web page improvements, etc.                         Huq
      - `96 Membership, etc.                                Hobbs
      - DAC Standards booth participation                   
      - IBIS_CHK bug report process                         Powell

8:50 Brief Overview and History of IBIS                     Hobbs
9:10 National and the IBIS Experience                       Huq
9:35 IBIS at Intel: Buffer Architecture to Customer Models  Peters

10:00 - 10:15 Break

10:15 Model Provider Experiences, The TI Experience         Jandhyala
10:40 Using IBIS Models in System Design                    Moxley
11:05 Modeling Lossy Transmission Lines                     Kumar
11:30 Egg 8: Modeling Packages with Physical Descriptions   Crisafulli

Noon - 1:00 Lunch

1:00 BIRDs 28.3, 32: Modeling Packages with Elec. Descr.    Peters, Kumar
1:30 BIRD 31: Connector Modeling                            Ross
1:50 Stored Charge Modeling, Diode Delay Discussion         Ross, Powell
2:25 Egg 6: Detecting CMOS versus TTL                       Powell
2:40 Double Counting and Other Model Generation Issues      Muranyi

3:00 - 3:15 Break

3:15 RAIL, Rules Augmented Interconnect Layout Spec         Telian
3:55 Useful Non-Simulation Data Inclusion                   Powell
4:15 Bus Hold Circuits and EIA JEDEC JC40                   Wenniger 
4:30 Open Discussion: IBIS 3.0 Possibilities, Wish Lists    Hobbs

4:55 Wrap-Up, Next Meeting Plans
5:00 End of Conference

6:00 Dinner to Celebrate ANSI EIA-656 adoption: Sticks Restaurant
     at Westin Hotel

=====================================================================