Subject: EGG12 SPECIFICATION ADDITONS

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 15:22 PDT

To IBISians

(Since I will be on vacation through August 13, I will not be responding
to any comments on this.)

Here is a brief note to start discussion on Specification additions
to IBIS for Version 3.0

With respect to input thresholds, we currently support the model
subparameters:

  Vinl
  Vinh

They support fixed values of thresholds for all columns.  However,
some technologies have different thresholds for the min and max
columns.

So I propose adding the optional input thresholds

  Vinl_min
  Vinl_max

  Vinh_min
  Vinh_max

for the min and max columns.  This is similar to the V_fixture_min
and V_fixture_max extensions for [Rising Waveform] and [Falling
Waveform] keywords.

These additions solve the problem of thresholds being a percentage
of the voltage range (as in CMOS technology) and as an offset 
from a voltage rails (as in PECL).  In all cases, voltage values
need to be calculated.  This avoids new notation for percentage
threshold and offset threshold.

This does not deal with hystersis.

Other parameters for discussion include hard coded overshoot 
and undershoot values and selections of measurement locations
(die, pin).

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.