Subject: SULTAN DONWLOAD

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 96 12:13 PST

To IBIS members.

Olaf Rethmeier informs me that the problems with the ftp site where
Sultan can be downloaded have been fixed.  I have also received a copy
of sultan.ps.gz by mail and have posted it on vhdl.org under the 
directory /pub/ibis/sultan.  Several compressed formats exist plus the
full sultan.ps version.  Check the 00readme file for details.

The original source is 

    ftp  ftp.pad.incases.com

under the directory
 
    transfer/SULTAN.

The reason I give you this is that I have not been able to print my
version of sultan.ps.  I think it is an internal problem, but I am not
sure.  So the posted version may be corrupted, and I recommend trying
the "incases" site first.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

---

From: Andy Ingraham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 96 18:37:22 EST

I copied "sultan.ps" from vhdl.org and successfully printed it, with one
minor modification.

The original file wouldn't print on my printer because of a command
"a4tray", which I guess is probably an European thing that we don't find
on our printers here in the States.  "A4" size paper is similar to our
"A" (8.5 x 11 inch) size.

The fix that worked for me was to locate this section of text:

/lline 0 array def
logme
a4
/initialstate save def
/PSpagelength 3150 def

and delete just the line that has simply "a4".  It's line number 750. 
That worked for my printer, but this being PostScript, there are no
guarantees.

Since "sultan.ps" contains some rather wide lines of text (up to 573
characters wide), that also might cause a problem should they become
truncated, or line-wrapped inappropriately.  When you edit the file,
use an editor that doesn't impose its own line-wrapping.

Regards,
Andy Ingraham