Subject: [Pin] Keyword in .pkg and .mmf files

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 11:36:41 -0700

Hello Bob, fellow IBISains:

   While going thru the details of the .mmf stuff
I realized that the way the spec is written the
[Pin] keyword is REQUIRED in the stand alone
.mmf file  (it is also required in the stand alone
.pkg file).  Is this what you intended?

exerpt below:

>| ".mmf" extension to identify files containing mated models.  The
>| .pkg and .mmf files
>| must contain all of the required elements of a normal .ibs file, including
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>| [IBIS Ver], [File Name], [File Rev], and the [End] keywords.  Optional
>| elements include the [Date], [Source], [Notes], [Disclaimer], [Copyright],
>| and [Comment Char] keywords.

             Regards,
             Stephen

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Mon, 6 May 96 14:12 PDT

Stephen:

You are correct.  [Pin] is not included in a .mmf file.  The list actually
refers to the header items and not to other required entries under a 
[Component] keyword (such as [Package] or [Pin]) or [Model] keyword.
Anyway some textual clarification will be put into the next revision of
BIRD31.X.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.