Subject: EUROPEAN IBIS SUMMIT ANNOUNCEMENT

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:58:23 -0800 (PST)

E U R O P E A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G 

Time/Date:     8 AM - 5 PM, Thursday, February 26, 1998

Location:      Concorde-Lafayette Hotel (Adjacent to Le Palais des Congress
               de Paris Porte Mailot - Site of the DATE98 Conference)
               Paris, France

Content:       Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:       Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and Ideas.

Sponsors:      Mentor Graphics, Cadence (so far)

DATE98 Show:   DATE98 - February 23-26, 1998.  The IBIS meeting is scheduled
               the day following the last day of the trade show portion of the
               Conference.  

               See www.date-conference.com for more information.

PCB Symposium: An all day symposium is scheduled Wednesday, February 25, 1998
               on PCB design issues.  This is being co-organized (so far) by
               Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Incases, and Zuken-Redac.  Plan to
               include DATE98, the PCB Symposium, and the IBIS Summit Meeting
               in your visit.  More information on the PCB Symposium will be
               available at a later time. 

BACKGROUND

As a result of regular EIA IBIS Open Forum meetings since 1993, IBIS Version
2.1 has been ratified both nationaly (in the United States of America)
as ANSI/EIA-656 and internationally as IEC 62014-1.  Most of the IBIS
are conducted on a regular basis via teleconferencing, but the EIA IBIS
Open Forum also conducts two face-to-face meetings every year at the Design
Automation Conference (DAC) and DesignCon locations.  While some of the IBIS
Summits focused on resolving standards issues, others have been used for
general IBIS information exchange.  Historically, some of the IBIS advances
have come from such exchanges.

Because of wide-spread international usage and acceptance of IBIS, the
EIA IBIS Open Forum will hold a European IBIS Summit at the same time as the
DATE98 Conference and PCB Symposium in Paris, France.  We are particularly
interested the international experiences and ideas at this IBIS Summit.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and digital
circuit design are invited to participate in the European IBIS Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please supply the information below:

  Name:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

Send to:

  Bob Ross ([email-masked])

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS experiences
or issues. 

Format of Presentation:  Overhead Projections
Time:                    15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the
                         presentations can be archived and also made
                         available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
                         the past have been text, Power Point, Word, 
                         Postscript, and Acrobat.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

  Title:
  Presenter:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

  Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Bob Ross ([email-masked])

(See the list below for some planned presentations and suggested topics)

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and lunch (which
we are planning to provide).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

Bob Ross,
Chair, EIA/IBIS Open Forum
Interconnectix Division, Mentor Graphics
10220 S.W. Nimbus Ave., K4
Portland, OR
USA

(503) 603-2523
[email-masked]

SOME SUGGESTED AND ACTUAL PLANNED TOPICS:

Company Experiences

  Use of IBIS at Alcatel - John Fitzpatrick

  IBIS Model Development at National - Syed Huq

  Modeling Experiences at your company - Library management,
  validation, conversion, etc.

  How to have industry (model providers) converge to IBIS

  IBIS Model Generation at Semiconductor companies

  IBIS Model generation from company not active on IBIS committee

IBIS Model Generation

  Package Modeling (L, R, C)

  IBIS Models from measurement (extrapolation, equipment, package effects)

Technical Issues and Possible IBIS Extensions

  High Speed Effects

IBIS and EMC

  IBIS and Radiation Analysis - Incases

Conversions from/to IBIS and Other Formats

  Conversion Problems between Spice and IBIS - Convergence, Oscillation

  Conversions among other formats (IBIS, XTK, SigNoise, etc.)

  Simulators that support IBIS