Subject: IBIS Reflector Usage

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:26:53 -0700 (PDT)

To All:

This note is to inform people on IBIS reflector usage as reminder
of some previous discussions on this subject and also to communicate
to the many newer reflector participants of our discussion
restrictons.

We request all COMMERCIAL PRODUCT related discussions or reponses to
questions to be handled PRIVATELY OFF LINE.  These types of discussions,
even if they relate to tools that use IBIS or translate IBIS data, are
best handled on the signal integrity reflector.

It is OK to INFORM people of FREE PRODUCTS and FREE IBIS MODELS that are
available.

We do provide links/information on some companies on the EIA IBIS
Web Site through the Poster selection and also through the Roster
and Model Provider selections.  We allow and even encourage information
about IBIS related products in the Support or Tag-Line fields
of the Roster, and this is open to any company.

There are several reasons for the relfector discussion restriction.
The EIA IBIS Open Forum is formally affiliated with EIA, and
it is the EIA policy is to forbid Commercial discussion.  In
addition, the EIA IBIS Open Forum consists of individuals
particpating as company representatives, and many companies
are providing financial support for their participation and
financial support to the EIA IBIS Open Forum through EIA IBIS
Open Forum membership fees and contributions.   Therefore it
is NOT appropriate to put individuals in the position of
having to promote or defend their own products when their
real charter is work together on IBIS issues.

So any IBIS discussion is appropriate as long as it does not
relate to Commercial Products.  Please use another reflector
and/or respond PRIVATELY if you have any product information
that may be helpful someone.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix
Chair. EIA IBIS Open Forum