Subject: Some information

From: psd <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Oct 97 17:23 GMT

Dear Sir,
     
     I think that the IBIS mainly is something useful for the designers. 
     But why we do not make something which is some how similar to the IBIS 
     but will help the Tester Eng. to test the board after being assembled 
     so the test Eng. can get the data from the IBIS and then generate a 
     test for the digital IC's in his board.
     
     In the production line of the electronic boards for different purposes 
     we made an automatic testing for the electronic board so in the IC's 
     testing we just want to know if it is connected to the board normally 
     or it has problems but we do not care about the functionality of the 
     IC's because normally it works fine or the probability that there is a 
     defected IC is very small.
     
     I mean if the PCB was assembled then the components were soldered on 
     the PCB so you have different IC's connected to another different 
     IC's.
     I made some thing similar but as you know this is a complete circuit 
     so I did not power the circuit because I will have the circuit working 
     and I do not want this but I made IV C/S for the output pins and input 
     pins by Ramp signal within 1200mV with freq. of 1KHz and it was stable 
     for a lot of different IC's ,so if you have a PCB and you want to test 
     the IC's are normally connected this detects the following failures 
     (misoriented, IC GND pin not connected, Cold solder point) this if you 
     make your measurements with respect to the GND pin. and (misoriented, 
     IC VCC pin not connected, Cold solder point) this if you made your 
     measurements with respect to the VCC pin.
     If you need more information I can give you the DOC's the curves and 
     the shape of the boards I made the testing for them.
     
     Best regards.
     Hany Gad.
     Senior of HW Dept. in an Automatic testing company.