Subject: Testing the V3.0 IBIS golden parser.

From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 16:40:38 -0700

Hi All,

  It has occurred to me that we should make a priority out of
releasing golden parser test models.  Whom ever develops the golden
parser will need test models to verify it is working.

For example:
  - The new IC package format (Intel)
  - The new R,C package information (Interconnectix)
  - The new connector information (Interconnectix)
etc....

  It seems to me that it is a waste of effort to launch a development effort if we
don't have a few beta models for the parser developer to test with.

Is anyone willing to give a some of the more unusual 3.0 models to the parser
development team to test with.  I believe we should start a sub-directory
for some beta models to test with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day...
Kellee Crisafulli at HyperLynx
[email-masked]	http://www.hyperlynx.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] ( Bob Ross)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 05:51:35 -0700 (PDT)

Kellee and IBIS Committee:

Thank you for your suggestion.  Any test case with Version 3.0
extensions are welcome.  Stephen Peters is collecting some samples as
part of the Cookbook update project.  So I would suggest sending
them to Stephen.

Also in response to your suggestion and to elaborate regarding
ibischk issues in general, I have these points:

(1)  I have created a new eda.org/pub/samples subdirectory with
areas for ver1.1, ver2.1, and ver3.1 samples.  I seeded the ver3.0
directory with a cbt.ibs sample for a Series Switch part.  It 
contains a disclaimer that it has not been checked with the
ibischk3 parser (which is to be developed.)

(2)  Matthew Flora of Hyperlynx has submitted through the [email-masked]
reflector BUGS 9 through 13 on ibischk2, etc.  They will be discussed
at the next meeting.  They are located at eda.org/pub/ibis/bugs.

(3)  Matthew also compiled a 32 bit version of ibischk2+ for DOS systems.
The executable is located under eda.org/pub/ibis/ibschk2+/dos32.

(4)  Finally, Stephen and I plan to extend the Version 2.1 Test Matrix
used to define the functional elements of the standard to Version 3.0
functionality.  This will also be used to define the tested features of
ibischk3.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix

> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 16:40:38 -0700
> To: [email-masked]
> From: Kellee Crisafulli <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Testing the V3.0 IBIS golden parser.