Subject: SPICE simulator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:29:42 -0500

I am looking for an inexpensive unix-based SPICE simulator that I can 
     use as the back-end engine of my s2ibis converter. The only tool I 
     know is HSPICE from Meta Software. But it is very expensive.
     
     Does anybody has any info on this?

     Mohammad Ali, Ph.D.
     3Com Corpration
     Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Lynne Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dr. Ali -

Try SPICE 2G6 - it is in the public domain.  It does lack a few features,
like a decent postprocessor.  But you can buy separate postprocessors that
work off the spice output files.

Since it is in FORTRAN, you can compile it on any machine, including UNIX.

- Lynne Green