Subject: >> IBIS to SPICE

From: "Ezra D. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 10:45:17 -0500

--
This is a good question.  I would also like to see a list of vendors and 
software tools available for converting IBIS models into behavioral models, 
HSpice specific or otherwise.  AVANT! (formerly Metasoft) is no longer 
supporting their METAIO tools for IBIS to HSPICE behavioral model 
conversion(It is at End Of Life).  What else is out there?  Do users now have 
to convert IBIS models by hand?  I am particularly interested since I am 
creating IBIS models, and need to perform verification in a more efficient 
manner than by hand.  Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
          Ezra Hall

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Fri, 07 Feb 1997 08:30:12 -0800
From:    Russell Rapport <[email-masked]>
To:      [email-masked]
Subject: ibis-to-spice conversion

My question is very basic. I need to verify signal integrity starting 
with vendor-supplied Hspice and IBIS models. I work for a small company 
with a limited simulation budget, and I have access to Pspice, Hspice, 
and Viewlogic, and normally work in a Windows/NT environment, but I have 
access to UNIX workstations. We do not use a board-layout package, and I 
usually model a few worst-case situations, rather than importing some 
netlist generated by a large CAD system. I have had serious problems with 
the Pspice IBIS 1.0-to-spice translator, and I can rarely get a usable 
conversion. I would prefer to model everything in one design environment, 
but I will do whatever I need to. How do most IBIS "consumers" use the 
IBIS files? Is there a reasonable solution for small companies? Please 
send me mail directly if you want to tell me about your product, since I 
realize competing vendors use this mailing list.

------- End of Forwarded Message

-- 
+-------------------------------------------------------------+
|                x86 Microprocessor Development               |
|                                                             |
| Ezra D.B. Hall                | Internet: [email-masked] |
| IBM Microelectronics          |       VM: ehall at btvlabvm |
| D/G8G B/863-2                 |    Phone: (802) 769-7329    |
| 1000 River Street             |      FAX: (802) 769-6800    |
| Essex Junction, VT 05452-4299 |                             |
+-------------------------------+-----------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked] (Syed Huq)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 97 09:22:52 PST

Hi,

The roster listing of the EDA vendors and IBIS members may be a good starting
point. You may want to try 

	http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/roster/roster.txt

At least this will give you a contact name for the EDA vendors supporting IBIS.

Regards,
Syed
National Semiconductor Corp.

> Ezra Hall writes: (extracted)..
> .....
>  I would also like to see a list of vendors and 
> HSpice specific or otherwise. > Thanks!
> 
>....