Subject: ibis tutorials

From: Eric Blomberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:26:41 -0800

Greeting
Has anyone come across an end-user IBIS tutorial which helps set
expectations on  measured results vs simulated. Something which
explains by examples and causes (ie fab line changed, bias currents lowered ...)
why measured results don't match predictions. Should be suitable for folks
who thought of themselves as logic/PCB designers who, after learning a tool they
might not have wanted, now have to deal with waveforms. A non-partisan source
would be nice.

Thanks
Eric Blomberg
Cadence Design

---

From: Will Hobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 16:56:00 PST

Text item: 

Eric,

I am not aware of an article like that. There are a couple of articles that 
discuss various other IBIS, including a "Cookbook," which is a how-to guide for 
IBIS model developers, and an EDN article on IBIS V1.1 and how it works. These 
don't address your concern, but may be interesting to read anyway. They can be 
found on the ibis web page on eia.org.

However, if you have direct experience that could contribute to such an article,
I would wager you could get it published, and achieve a small degree of fame and
fortune while performing a service for the SI community. I'd also wager a number
of others on the IBIS reflector list would be interested in collaborating on 
such an article.

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

Greeting
Has anyone come across an end-user IBIS tutorial which helps set 
expectations on  measured results vs simulated. Something which 
explains by examples and causes (ie fab line changed, bias currents 
lowered ...)
why measured results don't match predictions. Should be suitable for folks 
who thought of themselves as logic/PCB designers who, after learning
a tool they
might not have wanted, now have to deal with waveforms. A non-partisan source 
would be nice.

Thanks
Eric Blomberg
Cadence Design

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Subject: ibis tutorials
From: Eric Blomberg <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:26:41 -0800
) by gda.Cadence.COM (8.6.8/8.6.8) with SMTP id PAA08012 for <[email-masked]>; Tu
e, 18 Feb 1997 15:25:37 -0500
Received: from gda.cadence.com(158.140.106.10) by mailgate.cadence.com via smap
(V1.0mjr)
     id sma856297735.015597; Tue Feb 18 12:28:55 1997
Received: (from smap@localhost) by mailgate.Cadence.COM (8.6.8/8.6.8) id MAA1560
1 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:28:56 -0800
Received: from mailgate.Cadence.COM (mailgate.Cadence.COM [158.140.2.1]) by vhdl
.vhdl.org (8.8.5/8.8.3) with SMTP id MAA01288 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 18 Feb 1
997 12:30:26 -0800 (PST)
Received: from vhdl.vhdl.org (vhdl.vhdl.org [198.31.14.3])
          by ormail.intel.com (8.8.4/8.8.4) with ESMTP
       id OAA10099; Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:29:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: from ormail.intel.com (ormail.intel.com [134.134.248.3]) by relay.jf.i
ntel.com (8.7.6/8.7.3) with ESMTP id OAA24580; Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:29:41 -0800 (
PST)
Return-Path: [email-masked]