Subject: ibis-to-spice conversion

From: Russell Rapport <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 08:30:12 -0800

My question is very basic. I need to verify signal integrity starting 
with vendor-supplied Hspice and IBIS models. I work for a small company 
with a limited simulation budget, and I have access to Pspice, Hspice, 
and Viewlogic, and normally work in a Windows/NT environment, but I have 
access to UNIX workstations. We do not use a board-layout package, and I 
usually model a few worst-case situations, rather than importing some 
netlist generated by a large CAD system. I have had serious problems with 
the Pspice IBIS 1.0-to-spice translator, and I can rarely get a usable 
conversion. I would prefer to model everything in one design environment, 
but I will do whatever I need to. How do most IBIS "consumers" use the 
IBIS files? Is there a reasonable solution for small companies? Please 
send me mail directly if you want to tell me about your product, since I 
realize competing vendors use this mailing list.

---

From: "fabrizio zanella" <fabrizio=[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 97 14:20:37 EST

Russell, Applied Simulation Technology, in San Jose, CA, makes an IBIS to 
SPICE converter.  At my last job I had purchased it and used it (it worked 
well), and cost considerably less than other IBIS to SPICE translators 
available.  (It is still supported).
For information contact
Fred Balistreri  408-434-0967, X102.
Regards,
Fabrizio Zanella
			                          _/ _/  email: 
[email-masked]
       _/_/_/_/  _/     _/   _/_/_/     _/    voice: (508) 435-1000 Ext. 
4645
      _/        _/_/ _/_/  _/        _/          Fax: (508) 435-8949
     _/_/_/_/  _/  _/ _/  _/      _/_/_/
    _/        _/     _/  _/                       EMC Corporation
   _/_/_/_/  _/     _/    _/_/_/                  171 South Street
                                                Hopkinton, MA 01748-9103
-------------
Original Text
From: Russell Rapport <[email-masked]>, on 2/7/97 8:30 AM:
To: <[email-masked]>