Subject: IBIS Press Release

From: Patti Rusher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:41:00 -0400

Please find below the press release announcing IBIS Version 3.0
ratification. Patti

For Further Information Contact:

Mark V. Rosenker						         For Immediate Release:
Vice President
Public Affairs							          June 19, 1997
(703) 907-7790
PR  97-30

EIA Ratifies IBIS Version 3.0 During 
Design Automation Conference

	Arlington, VA-- The Electronic Industries Association (EIA) announces the 
ratification of the Input/Output Buffer Information Specification (IBIS) 
Version 3.0.  The new version was ratified by the EIA IBIS Committee during 
the Design Automation Conference on June 12, 1997, in Anaheim, California.  
IBIS Version 3.0 provides a format for new functionality requested by users, 
semiconductor vendors and computer aided engineering (CAE) vendors.
	Additionally, new IBIS Committee Officers for 1997-1998 were elected during 
the Design Automation Conference.  Bob Ross, of the Interconnectix unit of 
Mentor Graphics, was named chair;  Syed Huq of National Semiconductor was 
elected vice-chair; Stephen Peters of Intel Corporation was named secretary; 
and Jon Powell of the Quad Design unit of Viewlogic was named librarian.
	Committee Chair Bob Ross, in commenting on the ratification of Version 3.0, 
stated,  "I am pleased that we are moving forward on this important project.
 IBIS Version 3.0 meets the immediate needs of those in our industry and 
allows us to move on to the next step."
	Version 3.0 extensions include driver selection of buffers, diode stored 
charge modeling, package model extensions for lines and sections, electrical 
board descriptions for SIMMS, multistage drivers, series components and 
series switches, as well as specification and information enhancements.
	IBIS Version 3.0 supports all the functionality of ANSI/EIA-656 (Version 
2.1) and Version 1.1.  Version 3.0 serves as the baseline for new IBIS 
parser development and editorial review leading to an anticipated Version 
3.1.
	Information about IBIS Version 3.0 can be obtained through the EIA/IBIS 
Committee by sending a request to [email-masked] or by contacting EIA's 
Patti Rusher at [email-masked].
	For more than 73 years the Electronic Industries Association has been the 
national trade organization representing U.S. electronics manufacturers.  
EIA represents the entire spectrum of companies involved in the design and 
manufacture of electronic components, parts, systems and equipment for 
communications, industrial, government and consumer uses.

# # #

EDITORS:	Please note that information regarding the Electronic Industries 
Association is available via EIA's World Wide Web Site at 
http://www.eia.org.