Subject: REVISED IBIS/JEDEC SUMMIT MEETING 12/7/98

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ross)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 98 09:11:34 PDT

To All:

We have changed the date and time of the IBIS Summit Meeting in
December 1998 to better accomodate the JEDEC meeting activities
and promote better interaction between the groups.

We are also inviting JEDEC members to present and discuss some
new technologies at the meeting.

Some signup details have been revised.  The IBIS Meeting will 
start with a FREE Buffet Lunch to those who signup.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            -------------------------------------------------------
            *************** REVISED DATE AND TIME *****************
            -------------------------------------------------------
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            -------------------------------------------------------
            IBIS/JEDEC SUMMIT CALL FOR PARTICIPATION, PRESENTATIONS
            -------------------------------------------------------
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                   I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:     12:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Wednesday, December 7, 1998

Location:      Kona Kai Continental Hotel
               1551 Shelter Island Drive
               San Diego, CA 92106-3102
               Tel: 619-221-8000
               Fax: 619-221-5953

Content:       Interchange of ideas with JEDEC JC16.2 Subcommittee on
               Modeling and Test

Purpose:       Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and Ideas.

Sponsors:      EIA

Contact for Signup for IBIS Meeting and FREE Buffet Lunch:
               Patti Rusher
               [email-masked]

                      J E D E C     M E E T I N G S

Time/Date:     8:00 AM - 5 PM, Tuesday, December 8, 1998

Content:       IBIS Participants are invited to the JEDEC JC16.2 meeting
               also to view and discuss issues of mutual concern.  You must
               signup for these meetings to be formally invited.

Schedule of Meetings:

JC16.2 - Modeling and Test: Tuesday Morning, December 8, 1998

JC42 - Memories: Tuesday Afternoon, December 8, 1998

Deadline:      JEDEC Meeting Registration Deadline is November 11, 1998

Contact for Signup to JEDEC Meeting:
               Patti Rusher
               [email-masked]

URL for JC42 Schedule: http://www.jedec.org

BACKGROUND

The JEDEC committee is involved in standardization activities from the 
physical device point of view.  D.C. Sessions of VLSI Technology has been
active in both JEDEC JC16.2 and the EIA IBIS Open Forum.  The joint/co-
located meeting offers several opportunities:  EDA people can understand
some real device modeling and testing concerns and the semiconductor 
people can understand the applicability of IBIS models and corresponding
simulation tools.

The IBIS format is being considered as the template for a JEDEC data sheet
proposal.  The proposal is to provide the envelope tables and data
for the I/O characteristics and pin capacitance for SSTL2 related
specifications.  Interaction with IBIS experts will be very helpful.

The IBIS meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit meeting. 
Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic
format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued.  Any pending formal
decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the meeting.

JEDEC MEMBERS ARE INVITED TO PROVIDE PRESENTATIONS ON CURRENT TECHNOLOGIES
SUCH AS SSTL AND HSTL, ETC., AND ASSOCIATED MODELING/SIMULATION ISSUES TO
THE IBIS SUMMIT MEETING TO PROMOTE INTERACTION AMONG TECHNICAL EXPERTS.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS experiences
or issues.

Format of Presentation:  Overhead Projections
Time:                    15-30 Minutes
Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions so that the
                         presentations can be archived and also made
                         available to non-attendees.  Formats used in
                         the past have been text, Power Point, Word, 
                         Postscript, and Acrobat.  Plan to bring about
                         30 copies for distribution at the meeting.

If you plan a presentation, please supply

  Title:
  Presenter:
  E-mail address:
  Company:
  Telephone:

  Estimate Time:

Send this to:

  Bob Ross
  [email-masked]

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, a break, and a luncheon
(which will be provided).  In addition, we will have an opportunity for
Ad Hoc presentations.