Subject: EIA IBIS Open Fourm Minutes 1/9/98

From: Stephen Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:41:22 -0800

DATE: 1/14/98

 SUBJECT: 1/9/98 EIA IBIS Open Forum Minutes
  
 VOTING MEMBERS AND 1997 PARTICIPANTS LIST:
 AMP                            Jeff Walden
 Applied Simulation Technology  [Dileep Divekar], Norio Matsui, Raj Raghuram,
				Fred Balistreri
 Cadence Design & UniCAD        C. Kumar*, Don Telian, Cameron Seitz
 Cypress                        Bruce Wenniger
 Digital Equipment Corp.        Jeff Chu*
 Hewlett Packard, EEsof         Karl Kachigan, Henry Wu
 High Design Technology         (Razvan Ene)
 HyperLynx                      Kellee Crisafulli, Steve Kaufer, Matthew Flora*
 Incases                        Olaf Rethmeier*, Werner Rissiek
 Intel Corporation              Stephen Peters*, Arpad Muranyi*, Henry Maramis,
				Will Hobbs, Frank Kern
 Interconnectix                 Bob Ross*, Neven Orhanovic
 Mitsubushi                     Tam Cao, Hoang Nguyen
 Motorola                       [Ahmed Omer], Michael Desiderio, Paul Bolden,
				Tom Myers, Rob Wenzel
 National Semiconductor         Syed Huq*, Cheng-Yang Kao, Mike Bristol,
				[Peter Laflamme], [Kevin Smith]
 NCR                            Dave Moxley*, Richard Mellitz
 NEC                            (Hiroshi Matsumoto)
 Quantic EMC                    (Mike Ventham)
 Texas Instruments              Thomas Fisher
 Thomson-CSF/SCTF               (Jean LeBrun)
 Viewlogic                      Jon Powell, Chris Rokusek*, Peivand Tehrani
				Graham Bell
 VeriBest                       Ian Dodd, William Bell, Dave Wiens
 VLSI Technology                Harish Patel, D.C. Sessions*
 
 OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN 1997:
 3M                             [Fran Hart]
 Actel                          Scott Schlachter
 Acuson & Free Model Foundation Richard Munden
 Alcatel                        John Fitzpatrick
 Ansoft                         Eric Bogatin
 Apteq Design Systems           Dan FitzPatrick 
 Compaq                         Weston Beal, Mark Leonard
 Dell Computer                  Dave Baranauskas, Doug Wallace
 EIA                            Patti Rusher*
 EMC                            Fabrizio Zanella
 Hewlett Packard, Boise         Paul Gregory
 Hewlett Packard, France        Jean-Christophe Pautrat
 Hitachi                        Saburo Hojo, Yasushi Ogawa 
 IBM                            Brad Herrman
 Interface Technology           Dan Waterloo
 Micron Technology              Brian Johnson                      
 Molex                          Gus Panella
 North Carolina State U.        (Michael Steer)
 Philips Semiconductor          Todd Andersen*
 S3, Inc.                       Porsh Shih, Sarathy Sribhashyam
 Symmetry                       Andy Hughes
 Tandem                         Mark Simpson
 TRW                            Ray Steele
 Ultratest International        Charles Im
 Zeelan Technology              George Opsahl* 

 In the list above, attendees at the meeting are indicated by *.  Principal
 members or other active members who have not attended are in parentheses.
 Participants who no longer are in the organization are in square brackets.

 Upcoming Meetings:  The bridge numbers for future IBIS teleconferences are as
 follows:
   
   Date               Bridge Number     Reservation #    Passcode
   January 26, 1998   EIA IBIS SUMMIT - NO BRIDGE
   February 13, 1998  (916) 356-9200    5-15348          8377869

 All meetings are 8:00 AM to 9:55 AM Pacific Time.  We try to have agendas out 
 7 days before each Open Forum and meeting minutes out within 7 days after.  
 When you call into the meeting, ask for the IBIS Open Forum hosted by Will 
 Hobbs and give the reservation number and passcode.
 
 NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

 -------------------------------- MINUTES -------------------------------------

 INTRODUCTIONS AND MEETING QUORUM
 No new participants.

 MEMBERSHIP UPDATE AND TREASURER'S REPORT
 Patti Rusher reported that she will prepare invoices for the 1998 membership
 and bring them to the IBIS Summit meeting for distribution.  Then she will
 mail out the rest.  Bob Ross indicated that there were two new potential
 members to be invoiced.  Patti will give copies of the invoices to Bob for
 tracking and address validation.

 Bob reported no change in the $6008 in the account.  However, the next year
 Design Automation Conference EIA participation will be deducted from this
 figure plus other administrative expenses - effectively zeroing out the
 account.

 REVIEW OF MINUTES AND AR'S
 No corrections were made.  Bob Ross indicated that the AR's will be discussed 
 during the meeting.

 MISCELLANY/ANNOUNCEMENTS
 Note: Effective Monday, January 12, 1998 as a result of the relocation of
 Interconnectix to the Mentor Graphics site, Bob Ross will have a new e-mail,
 telephone, and mailing address.  They are noted at the end.  The old e-mail
 [email-masked] should still work for many months.

 Bob reported that the Majordomo conversion has been delayed until after the
 relocation, but it is still planned.  The Signal Integrity reflector list
 uses Majordomo.

 PRESS AND WEB PAGE UPDATES
 Syed Huq reported that Cadence Logo has been updated on the EIA IBIS home
 page in the Poster section.  Syed also reported that Mitsubishi has submitted 
 its logo and has provided an IBIS Model link.  This will be updated in the
 pending a written permission on a company letterhead.  Mitsubishi's roster 
 and contacts.txt entries have been updated.

 Matthew Flora asked what is needed to change logos since the HyperLynx logo
 may be updated.  Bob and Syed responded that a written permission letter
 on a company letterhead is required to be sent to Jon Powell with a copy
 to Syed (addresses are at the end) so that there is a hard copy record that 
 the usage of the company logo was properly authorized.
 
 Bob mentioned that the Interconnectix logo will probably remain, even though 
 Interconnectix is a business unit of Mentor Graphics (and the Interconnectix 
 EIA IBIS Open Forum membership applies to Mentor Graphics by EIA rules).  
 Zeelan Technology,  also a unit of Mentor Graphics, may also have a separate
 logo based on its Mentor Graphics relationship.  C. Kumar will check whether 
 Cadence wants to retain the Unicad logo.  Bob is in favor of allowing all of 
 the relevant company logos associated with the same EIA IBIS Member company.

 Bob also reported that Altera has updated its contacts.txt entry indicating
 IBIS models are under development.

 NEW MODELS AVAILABLE, LIBRARY UPDATE
 Bob Ross reported that the Mitsubishi IBIS Model Memory Library with about
 80 files is now available at:
 
   http://www.mitsubishichips.com and click "Technical Info" to go to

   http://www.mitsubishichips.com/data/files/download.cgi?ibis.htm

   http://www.mitsubishichips.com/data/ibis.html

 Bob reported that the Samsung link for SRAMs has been changed from a 
 request form to an actual model site at along with a revised request form:

   http://www.sec.samsung.com/Products/sram/sram_model.html

   http://www.sec.samsung.com/Products/sram/req_model.html

 Bob also reported that the Texas Instruments Logic Library IBIS model site
 has been updated.

 OPENS FOR NEW ISSUES
 Bob Ross on BUG20 - Crash with Windows95 multiple filename extensions
 Bob Ross on BUG21 - Drive Warning with NA Data in Min and Max Columns
 Bob Ross on IBIS Model Review Committee Discussion

 ADMINISTRATIVE DETAILS
 Bob Ross discussed some beginning of the year archive and cleanup details.  
 The last set of minutes that are archived for 1997 contain the participation
 list and IBIS Membership List for 1997.  A new list for 1998 will begin with 
 the IBIS Summit attendees.  All current members on the Voting Members list
 will be retained until we go through the membership renewal cycle, but those 
 on the Others Participants will be dropped to eliminate changed entries and
 keep track of 1998 participation.  The 1997 Roster and Contact lists have 
 been archived for 1997. 

 INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS
 - IEC 62014-1 (IBIS Version 2.1) - Bob Ross reported that Patti Rusher states
   that the document is being circulated, so the official acceptance may take
   months.  However, since there are no issues, its approval is expected to
   be automatic.  When approval is reached, the IEC nomenclature will be added 
   to the ANSI/EIA-656 document.  Patti will then issue a press release.

 - EIAJ III (I/O Interface Model for ICs) - Bob reported that he got an update
   from Dr. Hideki Fukuda (now a Director at Hitachi), Chair. of the subgroup,
   that Draft 1.0 is scheduled for a January or February, 1998 release.  The
   project was presented at an IEC TC93 meeting in September, 1997 in Tokyo,
   but he did not request for nor is aware of any formal IEC TC93 project 
   number.

 - IBIS and EMC Simulation - Bob reported that this activity is being
   resurrected under Jean-Claude Perrin of Texas Instruments in France.  He
   has called for national representatives to meet in Paris on March 3-4, 1998.
   Bob is the designated US representative.  Bob has requested more details.
   He invited Jean-Claude to the European IBIS Summit.  He also suggested 
   privately holding a meeting on Friday, February 27, 1998 after the IBIS
   Summit meeting to align better with travel schedules.  Bob could serve as 
   an information liaison to monitor the activity, but would want assistance 
   for technical contributions.  Everyone supported this position since there 
   were no volunteers for being the actual representative.

 IBIS EAST MEETING
 Bob Ross reported that the next meeting is scheduled on Thursday, January 15,
 1998 at 3:00 PM at Stratus Computer.  A notice has been sent out to the
 ibis-users reflector.  The agenda includes reports on sub-group activities
 and Summit participation topics:

   Greg Edlund (Digital Equipment) on IBIS Model Validation/Accuracy
   Paul Galloway (Cadence) on Software Aspects of IBIS as it Effects the 
     User Community
   IBIS Summit Discussion

 DESIGNCON98 IBIS SUMMIT
 Syed Huq provided an update on the IBIS Summit meeting planned on Monday, 
 January 26, 1998 and hosted by National Semiconductor at the same location 
 as DesignCon98.  The meeting will be at a room in the Westin Hotel adjacent
 to the Santa Clara Convention Center.

 Syed  reported that he sent out a final call for attendance confirmation for
 luncheon budgeting and would like an RSVP by January 12, 1998.  So far 29
 people are signed up and Syed noted the companies represented.  The meetings 
 typically attract 35-45 people.  Syed requests the presenters to provide 
 soft copies of their presentations to him by January 19, 1998 so he can make 
 copies available.  Otherwise the presenters are expected to bring 40 copies 
 for distribution at the meeting.

 Syed expects to finalize the agenda January 13 or 14, 1998.  Currently he 
 and Bob Ross reported on eight planned presentations.
 
   Kellee Crisafulli (HyperLynx): A New IBIS development Tool Kit
   Greg Edlund (Digital Equipment): Developing an IBIS Model Quality 
     Specification. 
   Paul Galloway (Cadence): Data Requirements to Build a Complete IBIS Model 
     - Experience from Cadence's Model Development Process
   C. Kumar (Cadence): Problems Using VT Curve Models in Simulation
   Arpad Muranyi (Intel): Comparing the Performance and Accuracy of SI and 
     IBIS models in High Frequency Simulation
   Patrick Riffault (Cadence): Correlating a Simulated model (Spice2IBIS) to 
     Lab Measurements
   Bob Ross (Interconnectix): Inspecting IBIS models
   Ed Sayre (North East Systems Associates): East Coast IBIS Activity Updates

 Bob Ross reported that some current activities will also be discussed at
 the Summit meeting.

 DESIGNCON98
 DesignCon98 (formerly Design SuperCon) is scheduled Tuesday-Thursday, January
 27-29, 1998 at the Santa Clara Convention Center.  DesignCon98 information 
 is available at:

   http://www.designcon.com
 
 Syed Huq reported a 20% IBIS Member discount for employees of OFFICIAL EIA
 IBIS Open Forum Member companies.  Details were sent out.  The official 
 member companies are the first 22 Voting Member companies (including all 
 divisions) at the top of these minutes.

 Bob Ross reported that there are three presentations in the Signal Integrity 
 track that relate to IBIS Models on Tuesday, January 27.  Also on Tuesday
 at 4:30 PM, there will be one hour panel session discussion:

   IBIS Panel - How Good are the Currently Available IBIS Models?

   Moderator:
     Jim Lipman, EDN Magazine

   Participants:  
     Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx 
     Paul Galloway, Cadence
     Bob Haller, Digital Equipment       
     Syed Huq, National Semiconductor 
     Jon Powell, View-logic 
     Bob Ross, Interconnectix 
     Ed Sayre, NESA

 DATE98 (DESIGN AUTOMATION AND TEST IN EUROPE) IBIS SUMMIT
 The DATE98 Conference will be held Monday thru Thursday, February 23-26, 
 1998 in Paris France.  Several IBIS and PCB Design related activities are 
 being planned.
 
 The DATE Conference itself is the continuation of EuroDAC (with EuroVHDL)
 and ED&TC (EDAC, ETC, and EuroASIC).  More information is available at:

   http://www.date-conference.com

 - IBIS Fringe Meeting - Tuesday, February 24, 1998
 Bob Ross mentioned that because of other activities, such a general interest
 meeting similar to the Design Automation Conference "Birds of the Feather"
 meetings is very unlikely.  IBIS is already widely known.  If one is held,
 it will be called at the last minute.

 - PCB Symposium - Wednesday, February 25, 1998
 Bob reported that the DATE committee and Fachverband Elektronik-Design e.V.
 (FED) joined the seven companies (Cadence, Incases, Mentor Graphics, 
 VeriBest, Viewlogic, Xynetix, and Zuken-Redac) as co-sponsors of this
 vender-neutral (i.e., no product promotion), informative, all-day event.  
 Bob outlined the currently planned program which is scheduled from 10:00 AM 
 to 4:00 PM:

   10:00: Opening Address, Lutz Treutler of the FED
   10:15: Viewlogic, (not determined yet)
   10:45: Mentor Graphics, Bob Ross
   11:15: Xynetix, Andrew Jones 
   11:45: Incases, Torsten Maeser and Werner Rissiek
   12:15: Buffet Luncheon
   1:30:  VeriBest, David Weins
   2:00:  Cadence, Paul Galloway
   2:30:  Zuken-Redac, Anthony Cutler
   3:00:  Round Table Discussion

 Bob indicated that all of the presentations cover some aspect related to
 PCB design.  He mentioned the contents of each.  Bob's presentation will be 
 "Getting IBIS Models".  The Round Table Discussion will have representatives 
 from several simulator companies and also former EIA IBIS Open Forum Chair. 
 Will Hobbs.  

 - European IBIS Summit - Thursday, February 26, 1998
 Bob reported that Cadence. High Design Technology (HDT) and Mentor Graphics
 are co-sponsoring the IBIS Summit meeting scheduled on Thursday, February 
 26, 1998.  A buffet lunch will be provided for attendees.   Bob will be
 sending out another notice and requests RSVP for attendees. 
 
 So far the program includes five presentations: 

   John Fitzpatrick (Alcatel): Use of IBIS in Alcatel
   Werner Rissiek (Incases): IBIS and Radiation Analysis
   Syed Huq (National Semiconductor): IBIS Model Development at National
   Bernhard Unger (Siemens): SI-Analysis with HSPICE Based on IBIS Behavioral 
			     Models
   Razvan Ene (HDT): IBIS Models for EMC and High-Frequency Devices

 Other presentations are still being solicited or are pending travel approval. 

 C. Kumar indicated that he would do his presentation:

   C. Kumar (Cadence): Problems Using VT Curve Models in Simulation

 Bob indicated that he may also do a presentation and continue to solicit
 some other presentations and set up some discussion topics.  Bob looks 
 forward to an interesting and productive technical exchange between U.S. and 
 European technical experts since several US IBIS participants will be 
 attending.  

 S2IBIS2
 Bob Ross reported that he has no further information on s2ibis2 activities
 from R. Sanjeev (Presi) since last meeting when Presi requested test cases 
 for ECL devices. 

 The Veribest AR regarding s2ibis2 for NT remains.

 AR - Ian Dodd put s2ibis_ver2.1 for Windows on the VeriBest Web site.

 EDITING COMMITTEE
 Bob Ross plans to put an unofficial IBIS ver3_1b.ibs update in the 
 /pub/ibis/wip directory of eda.org to correct some editorial errors and also 
 to deal with the [End Electrical Description] and [End Board  Description] 
 nomenclature inconsistency reported later by Atul Agarwal.

 The BNF AR remains.

 AR - Bob Ross generate and post a BNF for IBIS Version 3.0 (and IBIS Version
 3.0 ratification AR).

 BIRD44 - INTERPRETATION OF MIN/MAX/WEAK/STRONG DATA
 Bob Ross opened the discussion on BIRD44 which was submitted just prior to
 the June 1997 IBIS Summit meeting by Andy Ingraham.  BIRD44 proposes 
 changing the min and max column headings for certain keywords to slow/weak
 and fast/strong for IV tables and [Temperature Range), and also to slow and
 fast for [Ramp] and Waveform tables.  This would apply only to the comment
 lines that are used for column headings and to any related discussion in the 
 Specification.

 A general discussion followed.  Most people favored this change since it 
 would add to the clarity of the document.  The min and max headings would
 would be retained for column headings which have columns whose entries 
 are sorted by magnitude.

 Bob presented a possible alternative of putting a note in the initial syntax 
 rules and guidelines section.  Arpad Muranyi felt that such information
 would be missed.  Arpad questioned whether this would effect how simulators 
 would process the data.  Bob and others indicated that this was just an 
 editorial change.  The simulators do not process the comment lines and 
 already deal with the min and max column interpretations for specific 
 keywords.  C. Kumar questioned whether this applied to C_comp could be 
 related to models.  Stephen Peters indicated that there is lose or no 
 correlation, and the C_comp subparameters entries are by magnitude.
 Bob indicated that simulators would be expected to use the C_comp max
 entry with the slow/weak corner, and the min entry for the fast/strong
 corner.  The other columns under the [Model] keyword tend to be correlated.
 In particular, the [Ramp] and Waveform columns are expected to be correlated
 directly with the IV table columns.  The max waveform table would not be
 used with the min IV column.

 The original private and public model generation and processing tools 
 (s2ibis, ibischk, etc.) would still be generate and report on models using
 the original min and max column heading notation.

 Bob indicated that BIRD44 was proposed in terms of the IBIS Version 2.1, but
 that other keywords in IBIS Version 3.0 may need to be considered.  Bob
 also gave some options and alternatives to BIRD44 including (1) reject 
 (do nothing) (2) add a note (which most did not favor), (3) adopt, and (4) 
 adopt with revision such as standardizing on just slow/weak and strong/fast 
 for all of the revised headings to show correlation, and (5) adopt with
 a combined syntax such as min-slow/weak, max-fast/strong for maximum
 consistency.

 Bob plans to put BIRD44 for resolution and vote at the February 13, 1998
 teleconference meeting.  Matthew Flora stated that he would help revise the
 Version 3.1 drafts to include the BIRD44 clarifications.  Bob will plan this
 as an unofficial ver3_1c.ibs release to keep this change isolated from the
 vers3_1b.ibs corrections.  The general consensus is to make BIRD44 type
 clarifications.

 IBISCHK2+ (VER 2.115) PROGRESS
 Matthew Flora fixed BUGs 9-18 per the AR of the last meeting for a Version 
 2.1.15 ibischk2+ release.  Chris Rokusek received a version of the source
 code, but was not sure it was the latest version.  Chris will create a
 set of executables for different operating systems for Bob Ross to post on 
 eda.org.  Matthew will work with Chris to get the latest version (after 
 BUG20 and BUG21 are fixed - discussed next).

 Bob verified with Matthew that BUG8 was not included in the set of fixes.

 BUG20 - Crash with Windows95 Multiple Filename Extensions
 Matthew Flora indicated that a crash in ibischk2+ occurred when the file 
 was stored in a text1.text2.ibs file on Windows NT.  Bob Ross asked whether 
 this crash also occurs on a Unix system, and Matthew did not know.  Matthew  
 identified the source of the problem.  Bob classified the bug as Severe,
 Medium, Open because it caused ibischk2+ to crash.  Matthew said he plans
 to fix it before sending Chris Rokusek the source code.

 BUG21 - Drive Warning with NA Data in Min and Max Columns
 Matthew Flora and Bob Ross found that ibischk2+ issues a voltage drive 
 warning message for min and max columns even when the min and max IV tables 
 and VT tables contain all NA entries.  Chris Rokusek stated that it would be 
 easy fix since the parser can test for this situation.  the parser would 
 issue a warning message only if any of the columns contained data.  Bob 
 classified this as ANNOYING, LOW, OPEN.  Chris plans to fix this bug
 prior to releasing the ibischk2+ executables (designated Version 2.1.15).
 
 AR - Matthew Flora fix BUG20 and send the revised source code to Chris
 Rokusek.  Chris fix BUG21 and generate ibischk2.1.15 executables for 
 various operating systems.  Chris sent the executable file to Bob Ross.
 Bob put these new executables in the /pub/ibis/ibschk2+ directory under
 eda.org.

 VERSION 3.1 PARSER DEVELOPMENT
 Bob Ross reported that he responded to some questions sent by Atul Agarwal of 
 APT Software Avenues Pvt Ltd. on the [email-masked] reflector for the  
 review committee and copied the response to the [email-masked] reflector.  Atul 

 discovered the [End Board Description] and [End Electrical Description]
 nomenclature inconsistency.  Bob favored the first choice.  Stephen Peters
 concurred since it was parallel to the [Begin Board Description] syntax.
 Bob will make this correction in the unofficial ver3_1b.ibs document.

 Bob and Stephen will need to work on the test matrix and also will need
 some test examples.

 COOKBOOK
 No report, all the ARs are carried forward.

 AR - The following people have volunteered to supply examples
  Steve Kaufer/Hyperlynx -- Example 1 (Version 1.1 basic model)
  Arpad Muranyi - Example 2
  Stephen Peters - Example 3 

 AR - Syed Huq.  Review and expand (if necessary) Section 3.3. on "Obtaining
 I/V and Switching Information via Lab Measurement".

 IBIS MODEL REVIEW COMMITTEE DISCUSSION
 Bob Ross indicated that the CAE Vendor IBIS Model review sub-group needs
 additional members from other vendors.  So far Bob and Matthew Flora have
 joined.  Olaf Rethmeier and Chris Rokusek stated that they would join.  Bob 
 expects a representative from Cadence and VeriBest.  Matthew Flora remains
 as the contact person regarding this sub-group at [email-masked].

 D.C. Sessions stated that VLSI will provide IBIS models to CAE vendors for
 for the purpose of review and feedback directly to VLSI.  The models are not
 to be distributed.  D.C. would require a written request to him at the
 address on the Roster.

 Bob will continue the discussion of the review activity as an agenda topic
 at the IBIS Summit meeting since it is related to the general set of topics 
 at the meeting.

 BIRD42.3 - MODELING CURRENT WAVEFORMS
 C. Kumar indicated that his presentation at the IBIS Summit Meeting on
 January 26, 1998 will provide additional discussion related to BIRD42.3.

 BIRD45 - DYNAMIC CLAMPS
 Bob Ross mentioned briefly that we still need to follow up on the previous
 suggestion by Dave Moxley to investigate using [Driver Selection] as part
 the description.  Arpad Muranyi needs to work with Neven Orhanovic on this
 subject.

 BIRD46 - RELAXATION OF SOME IBIS FILE NAME RESTRICTIONS
 In the time remaining Matthew Flora introduced BIRD46.  He noted that the
 original "8.3" filename.ibs limitation based on the original DOS naming  
 restriction was becoming obsolete in practice.  Users have migrated to
 Windows 95/NT which does not impose such a limitation.  Also, longer file 
 names which include periods would be clearer.  The final .ibs extension 
 would still be required.  
 
 Matthew noted that there exist 64 total character limit in the Windows NT
 Windows NT documentation that is included in BIRD46.

 George Opsahl cautioned that the DOS limitation might still exist in 
 Windows NT 3.5.  Matthew stated that he did not see the problem since longer
 named files were shown along with the truncated form.  The longer named
 files were accessible.

 Bob Ross noted that this change should also need to be considered for .pkg
 and .ebd files for consistency.  
 
 This discussion will continue at a later meeting. 

 NEXT MEETING:
 The next meeting is the EIA IBIS Summit in Santa Clara, CA on Monday, January
 26, 1997.  No teleconference connection is planned.

 The next teleconference meeting is on Friday, February 13, 1998, 8:00 A.M. to 
 9:55 A.M.
 ==============================================================================
				       NOTES
 
 IBIS CHAIR: Bob Ross (503) 685-0732, Fax (503) 685-4897
	     [email-masked]
	     Modeling Engineer, Interconnectix BU of Mentor Graphics
	     8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070

 VICE CHAIR: Syed Huq (408) 721-4874, Fax: (408) 721-4785
	     [email-masked]
	     Staff Applications Engineer, National Semiconductor, M/S A-2595
	     2900 Semiconductor Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95052
 
 SECRETARY:  Stephen Peters (503) 264-4108, Fax: (503) 264-4515
	     [email-masked]
	     Senior Hardware Engineer, Intel Corporation
	     M/S JF1-56
	     2111 NE 25th Ave. 
	     Hillsboro, Oregon 97124-5961

 LIBRARIAN:  Jon Powell (805) 988-8250, Fax: (805) 988-8259
	     [email-masked]
	     Senior Scientist, Viewlogic (formerly Quad Design)
	     1385 Del Norte Rd., Camarillo, CA 93010
  
 This meeting was conducted in accordance with the EIA Legal Guides and EIA
 Manual of Organization and Procedure.
 
 The following e-mail addresses are used:

   [email-masked]
       To join, change, or drop from either the IBIS Open Forum Reflector
       ([email-masked]), the IBIS Users' Group Reflector ([email-masked])
       or both.  State your request.

   [email-masked]
       To obtain general information about IBIS, to ask specific questions
       for individual response, and to inquire about joining the EIA-IBIS
       Open Forum as a full Member.

   [email-masked]
       To send a message to the general IBIS Open Forum Reflector.  This
       is used mostly for IBIS Standardization business and future IBIS
       technical enhancements.  Job posting information is not permitted.

   [email-masked]
       To send a message to the IBIS Users' Group Reflector.  This is 
       used mostly for IBIS clarification, current modeling issues, and
       general user concerns.  Job posting information is not permitted.

   [email-masked]
       To report ibischk2 parser bugs.  The Bug Report Form Resides on
       eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/ibischk/bugform.txt along with reported bugs.

       To report s2ibis, s2ibis2 and s2iplt bugs, use the Bug Report Forms
       which reside under eda.org in /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis/bugs2i.txt, 
       /pub/ibis/bugs/s2ibis2/bugs2i2.txt, & /pub/ibis/bugs/s2iplt/bugsplt.txt
       respectively.

 Information on IBIS technical contents, IBIS participants, and actual
 IBIS models are available on the IBIS Home page found by selecting the
 Electronic Information Group under:

   http://www.eia.org

 Check the pub/ibis directory on eda.org for more information on previous 
 discussions and results.  You can get on via FTP anonymous.
 
 "IBIS Spoken Here" placards are available from Jon Powell ([email-masked]) for 
 use at trade shows.
 ==============================================================================

--=====================_884470929==_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

--=====================_884470929==_--