Subject: IBIS UPLOADS ON eda.org

From: [email-masked] (Bob Ross)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 98 18:13:39 PDT

To IBIS List:

A number of items have been uploaded on eda.org.  More items will be
uploaded next week.  Some of the uploads consist of:

IBIS Summit Meeting Presentations for June 18, 1998:

  /pub/ibis/summits/dac98/

Example files for BIRD48.4, BIRD49.3, BIRD50.3 (Pending Version 3.2)

  /pub/ibis/samples/ver3.2/

Unofficial Version 3.1e with IBIS Summit Meeting Changes:

  /pub/ibis/wip/ver3_1e.ibs

Version 2.1.15 ibischk2+ Linux executable (noted by Syed Huq)

  /pub/ibis/ibschk2+/linux

Note, We are scheduling a vote on Version 3.1 of IBIS at the July 17, 1998
IBIS Meeting.  The unofficial IBIS ver3_1e.ibs contains the contents we are
considering, consistent with the ibischk3 parser development.  More additions
are scheduled with a Version 3.2 release as BIRDs are approved and the
ibischk3 parser adds the approved features.  So please review the ver3_1e.ibs
document.  (A cleaned version will be available next week.)

Also note that eda.org may be down on Saturday, June 27, 1998 since the
host is being relocated to Stanford University.  See note below.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix Business Unit, Mentor Graphics

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:38:29 -0700
To: [email-masked]
From: "Randolph E. (Randy) Harr" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Move/Rename of {vhdl,eda,dasc,hdlcon,darpalum}.org

As was indicated a few months ago, there will be a down time this Saturday,
27 June.  We are planning to move the physical machine known as vhdl.org to
Stanford University.  We hope the move will improve reliability, provide
greater accessibility for the volunteer sysops, and reduce our
vulnerability to network attacks.  We greatly appreciate the 5 years of
service and support that Synopsys has provided since we initiated service.

The server will be unavailable for probably most of the day on Saturday.
It may not be available to you electronically for up to 12 hours as the
router caches flush out over the truly international Internet network.

If all goes well, the only indication that anything occurred will be that
outgoing email appears to come from "server.eda.org" instead of
"server.vhdl.org".  This is because we will rename the SPARC eda.org and
make vhdl.org a virtual host on it.  vhdl.org and all the other domain
names will continue to work as they have in the past.  The SPARC itself
will also have a new primary IP; going from 198.31.14.3 to 36.223.0.101;
but this should not be visible to you.